Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Lionheart

Infuses you with immense amounts of courage and drive. Useful to help you recover from intense depression and ennui. Brings on a positive outlook, renews hope, and replenishes positive energy. Fills your spirit with the courage and nobility of a lion, warmed by the life-giving joy of its solar aspects.

I bought this and Aunt Caroline's Money Draw back in November when I was preparing to go on maternity leave and my husband was frantically looking for another job. He's had difficulties with depression in the past, and all of the jobs he'd had up to this point were crappy minimum-wage (or just above) retail positions with no benefits or security and lousy hours. EI (Employment Insurance) wasn't going to pay near enough to cover household expenses, and we were both starting to panic.

Lionheart is a warm, cheerful, slightly spicy smell that was sufficiently un-perfume-like that I could persuade him to wear it to interviews. I don't know if it was this or the pep talks I gave him, but after going to a few interviews with Lionheart on he received callbacks from all but one of the positions, and he seemed much more relaxed and confident than he had been previously. He also was a lot more open to applying for more challenging positions.

I've also worn it a few times since I gave birth, and it's really good for getting rid of that "ohgodsIdon'tknowwhatthehellI'mdoing" sense of panic.

The courage and nobility of a Lion are what I needed just now and the Lab came through. I just ordered this at the end of last week, hoping it would be here before Thursday. And here it is, and I needed it immediately. And it worked! I am dealing with a very difficult relationship issue, as well as a lot of internal self-realization type issues. Things that take immense courage and a positive outlook to get through.

Today there was a particular crisis and Lionheart combined with Road Opener came through for me. I put a little of Lionheart on my throat chara and my heart and my solar plexus... and a little on my wrists just so I could experience the scent of it.

As for the scent. It is warm and gentle a little sweet a little dirty.

I got this blend from a decant circle. As soon as I opened the bottle, it was All Play-doh, All The Time, and it stayed that way when I tried some on. It didn't stay on me long enough for me to determine its efficacy.

Smells Like

Lavender, sage and amber?

Using it

Okay, backstory here: I'm depression-prone, though in the last few months, I've found myself slipping out of it, which has been nothing short of weird but totally effen awesome. So naturally, I started feeling pretty awful when I found it creeping back a few nights ago: depression with its unfamiliar cousin, anxiety. (I'm not really used to dealing with high-level anxiety-- sure, we all get stressed from time to time, but for me, the overwhelming one has always been depression...)

So yeah: basically my life was feeling like one massive stress ball. Things at home were especially rocky. Things with my friends have been stressing me out, and with various different groups of friends. My kids have been stressing me out. Even work, usually a not-stressful place for me (in spite of my actual job, which apparently is a high-stress high-burnout job) was getting at me, and basically I've been a ragey, incoherent, and extremely depressed insomniac for the past few days.

Anyway, I used Lionheart last night, before I went to work. Nothing too elaborate and planned, just what felt right at the time, and I didn't use it on me (I dressed candles), not to mention I suspected it wouldn't work anyway because I was distracted with household stress noise and Revege of the Sith blaring from the loungeroom television. What did I want to get out of it? I wanted the depression gone. I wanted to be able to face work and stick out the night and not come home a ragey, twitchy mess. I wanted a meeting with a friend of mine I'd scheduled this morning to go well. So basically, gone!depression, and some bravery to face whatever else lay ahead.

But-- I shit ye not-- about five minutes after I'd finished my business, I felt a bit calmer, which was something, at least. More relaxed. I put on some Wolf's Heart as perfume before going into work, and I swear, I could feel myself calming down on the way there. Went into work, had an awesome shift with no drama. It was like everything crappy had lifted off me. I've been smiling and just... not removed. Got into the city, met up with my friend, things went really well. Came home, and I still feel great.

I'm stunned, and just yay about the whole experience: I was a completely different person twenty-four hours ago. For something to work that well, and that quickly-- I'm still kind of amazed.

Major thanks and love to the lab and to Beth-- seriously-- even if this never happens again, that was totally worth my $25.

To everyone else: I recommend this stuff, in a huge way. Seriously, folks.

I bought this for my OH as he can be prone to depressive episodes.

smell: in the bottle I wasn't sure if it would suit him, but dabbed it on his chest anyway. The smell really suited him though (must be the amber), I think spicy smells work with his chemistry! I couldn't stop snuggling up to his chest and sniffing him. So it was a very warm and comforting smell.

effect: i didn't probe him too much. he only wore it for one day, but even though he has been really ill recently i can honestly say that he hasn't been feeling down for about a fortnight! i'll dab it on him when he's next down, and may even try it on myself at such times.

overall: most definately a keeper, although more testing is needed to find out how he feels when wearing it.

this starts out sweet and slightly musky. i can't place what the sweet note is, but it has an effervescence to it, like root beer or cola, but the scent is definitely not sasparilla. once it dries down, there is a sweet rose scent. the rose turns a bit sour on me, unfortunately.

This one is such a gift.

I am going thru a real bad time atm,

so I thought I´d give this one a try.

On it smells like lavender, slightly citrus (- peel ) and something warm + golden.. amber ?

I put it on after beeing very angry and down at the same time -

I thought, I could NEVER EVER got to sleep in that state I´m in...

but...

I did.

I fell asleep and slept like a baby - when I woke up this morning,

the whole room smelled of Lionheart .. which is very strange because i just used

2 drops of it on my wrist.

I did not have any bad dreams ( which I usually have after an attack like the one I had yesterday )

and I woke up with a lot of plans on my mind...

Wow,

this one really DOES something on and to me - I´m glad I got a bottle.

For the last several months, I've been under a lot of work-related stress and it's taken a toll on me. I've been sad, frustrated, over-worked, and just feeling out of sorts.

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled into the TAL part of this forum and began reading some of the reviews of Lionheart as well as a few other TAL oils. I had some extra money in the Paypal account and decided to take a chance.

I've been using Lionheart for a week now and whether it's the mystical effect of the oil or just a fresh perspective on my part, my mood and associated anxiety has lifted considerably. I still have the same stress factors going on at work, but in the last several days, I just seem to be able to handle them better and "go with the flow".

Each morning I've been applying a dab of oil to my Chakra points before I leave for work. It's become the 1st oil I apply in the morning, followed by my BPAL of the day. I actually am not terribly found of the scent, but it's not offensive either, and it's not too strong, so I can apply another BPAL of my choice to my wrists and arms .

I'm amazed at the change and am so, so happy I decided to try this. I already plan to buy another TAL when I have some extra money together again.

Scent: Umm... clove, berry, bright, something maybe mint, ???. I don't wear it for the scent, but the scent's not bad.

Rock on. This TAL works. I love it. I dab onto my chakras in the morning before getting dressed. (And then put on some other BPAL as my scent for the day, on my wrists.) I have found that doing this, taking time for myself in the morning and gathering energy, to be absolutely invaluable, and it totally works. As angelicruin said, anxiety at work is decreased, and I can get through, despite similar stressors as before. Love, love, love.

I bought this as one of four to help me through post natal depression. I don't have any experience in doing things pf a magical nature but thought I'd give these a try as I really was wanting to avoid medication. While I didn't manage that I do believe the TAL oils I got have helped me.

Lionheart is something that has helped me deal with day to day obstacles in my life, be it a lack of motivation, feeing overwhelmed, like I simply can't cope, or simply don't want to get out of bed. It is not a slap you in the face get your ass in gear sort of help, more of a whisper in your ear 'you can do it, things will get better' supporting hug. I do need to wear it a few days in a row for me to really get help, it's not a quick fix, but I don't think there is any way I can say it isn't doing me good.

The scent of Lionheart is just an added bonus, I think I can smell vanilla and cherry, maybe some clove or carnation in there. I love it and would want to wear it anyway even if it wasn't helping. It's quite a strong scent in both throw and wear length.

Thank you TAL.

I've had a rough few months, so I've gone back to my roots and have been trying different magical oils from different companies to try something - anything - that might help. Lionheart sounded like part of what I need right now; the strength to keep going, and the courage to do it. If there's anything I need right now, it's more positive energy in my life.

Scent-wise, Lionheart seems to come from the same family as Anthelion. They have the same herbal base notes, slightly bitter and green, under a different top note. This took me by surprise when I first sniffed from the bottle, actually, because I couldn't really tell the two apart. The upper notes are quite different, though. Lionheart is a strange mix of honey and... dishwashing liquid, or laundry detergent. Not in a bad way, but more in that 'fresh, bright kitchen' or 'clean, soft sheets' kind of way. It's hard to describe, because it's a sweet, bordering on gormand scent with a very clean, snuggly feel to it. I know that certain musks can smell like clean sheets, so maybe that's what it is. The honey-sweetness of it lasts very well, and leaves you with a kind of sweet haze all day long.

As for effectiveness, I have something of an unusual reaction to TAL oils that I don't get with magical oils from other companies. The effects seem to be bright, brilliant, short-lived, and leave me quite drained afterwards. Glamour is the worst offender of this for me, and left me with something of a magical hang-over after an hour or two. Lionheart certainly made me feel more bouyant and confident, able to take on whatever the world threw at me, but this feeling only lasted a few hours, and afterwards I felt quite flat. What I think is happening is that TAL oils burn up my energy faster than it gets replaced, so the more 'aggressive' the oil is, the harder the crash I get afterwards. Lionheart isn't really an aggressive blend per se, so I'm not totally wrecked afterwards, but like all TAL oils it's something I need to keep in mind.

Your results may vary. ;)

On me, this was sweet, powdery resins, soft and cuddly. Reminds me very much of the Strength Tarot card, the feel of combing your fingers through a lion's mane and trying to harness that power to work for you.

I could have had a very crappy day, but Lionheart made it better. That being said, this is strong, scent-wise -- a little dab'll do ya.

Scentwise, this definitely has amber in it, and some musk maybe. Whatever it is, it smells good, not like a TAL usually smells on me. ;) (Basically herbal) As for the effects, maybe I didn't use enough, at any rate, I could have used more courage in the situation's that I was in today. On the plus side, I didn't care what anyone thought, and I normally do. I'll have to try this one again, maybe with more intent.

Love, love, love this!

I wasn't thrilled with the scent at first, it was nice, but I felt it tended to turn powdery on me. The more I wear it however, the more I like it.

I feel very calm when I wear this. As soon as I put it on. Calm and confident. It isn't overwhelming, it's just pleasant!

I was lucky to be able to snag a decant of this first, and will be buying a bottle soon!

EDIT 2014 - So my imp finally ran out, and I've recently purchased a bottle. The smell is very similar, but the bottle has a warm spiciness to it that the imp didn't have. The effect is also 'warmer' to me - I get more of a 'happy' instead of a 'calm', still confident, but also a 'wrapped up in a warm soft blanket' type feeling. If anything, I love it even more!

Edited by LadyWench

My work is being renovated and we are giving away free coffee and pastries but cannot make handcrafted beverages because we have no place or machines to do so. I was worried because often customers will yell and get angry about little things and I thought that the fact that they couldn't get their latte/americano/whatever hand crafted beverage that there would be some serious screaming. So before heading to work at 5:00 am I put some Lionheart over my heart in an X going from down to up three times while focusing on how Lionheart would help protect me from negativity and give me the courage to not let rude people bring me down. I also hoped that it would calm people and cheer them up as well around me. Well I had the most amazing shift. Everyone was so nice and understanding about the renovations and there was only one rude-ish customer that the next customer even commented on how her behaviour wasn't necessary. Why I really feel that Lionheart worked though was I was delegated to go to another store to brew coffee and while I was gone, there were so many rude and annoyed customers (the attitude that I was worried about earlier). I really feel that Lionheart, gave me the courage and positivity to get through what could have been an awful shift. Because it helped to put me at ease, I think I was better able to deal with customers and make everyone (well almost everyone) happy and cheerful for the rest of their day :)

for the tl:dr My first experience with Lionheart was AWESOME!!!!

I've continued to use this for stressful situations (especially work related) and I feel that it continues to work externally. I might not feel the best on the inside (so it doesn't change my feelings/attitudes) but rather feels like a suit of armour that I am wearing to protect me from negativity from the outside world. I would definitely consider this an external oil. If that makes any sense.

Also just a note about the scent - I feel like it is very jasmine-y/dragon's blood like which I normally despise, but here it amps like crazy (so I only need the tiniest bit still in a cross over my heart) and makes me feel powerful and protected.

I first purchased this oil in 2009 when I was preparing for my doctoral thesis defense. I knew that the situation wasnt strictly what the oil was intended to address, but I felt drawn to it so I hoped it might help me. I'm a cat person and I liked the idea not only of a lion guarding me during a trying time, but of my heart being instilled with the noble courage of a lion.

On the big day I used a finger to apply a smudge of the oil over my heart, while in my head directing myself to be brave, be strong, and I would get through this.

Since then I've only used this oil a couple times, during my most trying moments (a job interview most recently) and I do think it has helped. Smelling it occasionally during the event brings my mantra back to mind, and smelling it afterwards on my clothes reminds me that I've survived and made it through the other side.

It doesnt have a wide throw, but it is strong enough that I do catch a whiff from a single chest smudge. It reminds me most of Hod.. a golden spicy floral.

Edited by MCS4096

I am horrible at notes as TAL oils are my first ever oils. I have no clue what this oil smells like notes wise. I love this oil. I got this oil for its description and it works very well. In combination to sleeping with brass balls the scent of this oil on my shirt is a nice calming oil that is keeping me from doing something stupid at work in relation to the bully on my team. Since I have started wearing this combination, I have had more courage, my anxiety at work has been much less. I have even started having the courage to ask questions and bring up issues. And this has such major staying power. Any time I find myself ready to snap at the bully I take a sniff of my shirt and instantly calm down. It also tends to neutralize the cheap artificial scents the sorters like to spray and burn when they come across them. I work as a Miscellaneous bagger at Value Village and we get a lot of cheap body sprays and the oil wax burners usually have remains in them... I have issues with a lot of commercial smells and having something that helps keep that headache at bay is awesome :D