Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

White Chocolate and Taro Cream

This only has two notes listed, but it's more complex than I expected. The white chocolate is very present. It's the kind of white chocolate note that almost veers into milk chocolate territory because of how rich it is. The taro cream note is where the complexity lies. Sometimes, I think the taro cream smells like gobs purple taro syrup. I get wafts of an unlisted cashmere note every now and then. I also occasionally feel like this smells like it was doused with ribbons of caramel sauce, especially in the wet stage.  I do not actually get a milky note from the taro cream, but maybe the cream is the note that is making the white chocolate smell so rich to me.

I really like this! I don't think it's too sweet, but it is definitely a chocolate perfume. I'd say it's in the same vein as Ghost Milk. I'm addicted to the taro cream note and I hope taro appears in more perfumes in the future!

this one is an absolute delight. the white chocolate is rich and milky, swirled with an almost buttery taro that has the perfect balance of earthy nuttiness and subtle sweetness. though i found the chocolate to be most prominent in the bottle, the taro is what shines through on my skin, which i'm quite pleased about. it's soft and creamy, almost akin to ice cream, like mashed taro blended with condensed milk and lots and lots of cream. to me, it's even a bit reminiscent of coconut cream, rich with an almost fatty mouthfeel, yet not overpoweringly heavy thanks to the gentle hint of nuttiness. this is definitely on the sweeter side, much sweeter than Ghost Milk, but if you love BPAL's white chocolate or creamy coconut scents, then this is a must try.

This is definitely delicious white chocolate with a sweet cream note that comes out after. It’s so hard to describe it but it adds some dimension to the white chocolate scent. Maybe ube like if I had to guess. 😋 Throw and staying power on the lower side. 

Noticeably more taro cream on me than white chocolate. I cannot pick out the white chocolate on its own, but it adds to the sweet, creaminess of the taro, as well as giving the scent a warm and depth beyond a single note or duo. A particularly rich and warm taro foodie scent.

Starts off with a weird white chocolate cream and sharp cinnamon (my nose sniffs out the cinnamony tones in everything, maybe because I often have an allergic reaction to it and my body is just screaming at me to please stop putting it on my skin), but that phase is short lived and then it dries down to something very similar to Haus of Gloi's Ghost Puffs. It smells like gooey marshmallows and a hint of buttery popcorn. Creamy, warm, and sweet. Lasted about 4 hours for me before fading into oblivion.

ETA: I wore this again about a week later and I'm getting a lot of sweetened coconut cream along with the marshmallow goo and buttered popcorn thing.  This is my favorite in this year's Box of Chocolate.  It is purely gourmand.

Edited by Little Bird

In the bottle: Smells like sweet taro and coconut cream. 

Wet: And there's the white chocolate to join in the taro cream. This is nice. Very edible. 

Dry: The white chocolate mostly goes away on my skin and what's left is the smell of a taro mochi. I'm a fan. It's creamy and earthy and sweet. It's got medium plus projection and lasts at least eight hours. This is such a cozy, lovely scent. I try to rotate my night scents but I've been coming back to this one a lot lately.

Strangely, this reminds me of a donut. A fresh, yummy donut filled with sweet coconut cream and dipped in chocolate glaze.

I don't know how the taro became a donut, but I'm here for it. It makes me smile. Extremely edible, as everyone else has already said, with a medium throw and good longevity. An all-around winner. The box of chocolates seems to be exceptional this year!

Ooh, I really like this! Rich, creamy, with that nutty-sweet-starchy swirl of taro...oh, yes! I'll second the taro mochi comment from above; if white chocolate is often too sweet for you, it isn't here; it's balanced perfectly with the taro. My husband (Filipino) even commented on it - that it genuinely truly smelled like a taro pastry! So basically, if that sounds good to you, jump on this!

This starts off strongest on the white chocolate on me, but the taro cream is definitely there. It is very coconut-y and somewhat buttery, and it isn't long before it ends up overtaking the white chocolate. The starchiness of the taro in the taro cream becomes really prominent on me after a few hours, reading like a somewhat powdery coconut scent on me.

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, so I will have to spend more time with it before deciding if the bottle is a keeper. But I would love to see Beth make a taro boba tea scent, or a whole line of boba scents! 👀