Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Slug

~ A relaxed, lazy scent; slightly sebaceous and sweetly slimy: warm, buttery honey cream and dribbles of amber.
May we all have at least a few gentle, sweet slug moments throughout this holiday season.~

Edited by Jenjin

Out of all of my Yule purchases, this was the one I was most excited about and it lived up my expectations.

The honey cream is light and sweet, whipped rather than thick and dripping. I don't get a lot of butter but the amber rounded it all out deliciously. All together, there's something almost translucent; it feels like a "my skin but sweeter" scent, very intimate and cozy. I am so glad that I picked up a bottle!

(I know it says sebaceous and slimy, but this scent comes off incredibly clean. I feel like I took a really lovely bubble bath and have come out all warm and clean and relaxed.)

Edited by tigermilking

Oh, Slug.  I've worn this 3 times since the bottle arrived and it has smelled different to me every time, so it's been a confusing journey.  First time (right out of the mailbox and still cold, lol) was a bitter, medicinal, herbal honey and I actually washed it off after an hour and let the bottle rest for a while.  Second time was delicious, buttery cream infused with a wonderful sweetness from the honey on a bed of golden, deserty, Egyptian musky, slightly clean yet still earthy/sandy amber.  Today it's medicinal honey again, drizzled into lots of lovely sweet cream, and the amber base still smells the way it did before, but also now has a very strong, dry spiciness to it.  More perfumey than outright gourmand.  I can say that there's nothing slimy, sebacious, or scary about it.  It actually leans dry and sophisticated and reminds me of some of the Egypt inspired fragrances, but it is Slug and it is growing on me.

On me this is watery, sweet pencil shavings. Not what I was expecting!

On me I would describe this as a creamy, honeyed Amber scent. The amber is the strongest note on me, followed by the honey and a hint of butter. To me, this is in the same scent family as O, but I find that O has more honey and vanilla and Slug has a stronger Amber note.  I really enjoy this one, it's a warm, cozy scent. 

Slug is a beauty. Goes on as an airy cream, lightly sweetened with honey. It could be a buttercream, but whipped, as mentioned above - with half the density and half the sugar. It's honestly barely buttery though, just a hint of richness that melts right into the warm amber, which takes over in the drydown. A lovely light golden scent. 

It smells like fruit drizzled with honey to me. I don't know why. I keep smelling it expecting the warm buttery part to come but it never shows up. Just bright juicy mixed fruit smell with a light amber honey.

This is all about the dribbles of amber on me. The amber is rich and velvety. There is a fruitiness in it, too, but on me it leans more towards dark red fruits. The honey cream is pretty much exactly how I imagine creamed honey smells: viscous and a little gritty, but the honeyed sweetness is cut with rich cream. It is also buttery, but not overwhelmingly so. I think I also get a clean note in here, maybe from the amber? It's addictive to smell the combo of the clean note and the honeyed amber.

Thoughts before testing: I really, really love buttery, creamy scents and amber. Unfortunately after having my daughter in 2022, my skin throws anything with honey into the next town. So we’ll see how this goes!

Wet: Ooh, this is a really pretty and warm floral amber. Sweet but not gourmand. It’s not smoky at all but kind of reminds me of a floral Light of Men’s Lives. 

Dry down: This definitely honey but it’s not overwhelming on me and the throw is reasonable. I’m thinking the amber is grounding it. This feels like Valentine’s Day to me. 

Dry: This is so beautiful. I get no butter at any stage but it’s so pretty I don’t even miss it.

Final Thoughts: This definitely feels like a Luper instead of a Yule to me. It’s warm and comforting and just pretty. And it lasted forever: a solid 10 hours later I could still smell it. This is my favorite from the 2023 Yules. 

Very pretty, very springtime! Light, sweet honeyed cream. I would agree that it's more airy or whipped-feeling - light and fluffy - rather than a thick heavy cream. Uncomplicated, and very nice! Good throw so far.

I get a sweet amber cream, lightly honeyed. Soft, elegant. Goes a bit plasticky on my skin now and then, but is otherwise really nice and is not plasticky later in the day. This will have to be a locket scent for me. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak