Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Lavender Earl Grey Cookies

A bitter, tea-stained ache soothed by softly herbaceous sugar cookies.

Edited by Jenjin

Surprisingly fruity! I get a big squeeze of bergamot bolstering the somnambulant lilt of lavender sugar cookies.

No tea for me at the present, but it's a great cookie nonetheless. 

Take Carry Me from several Lilith updates ago (Vanilla cookies and a splash of lavender fougere) and swirl it with Earl Grey, and you have Lavender Earl Grey Cookies.

I get the vanilla cookies strewn with lavender buds and some really wonderful smelling Earl Grey that doesn't end up being too perfume-y (like it was on me in Dad! Let Me Do Your Makeup!) or too bergamot-heavy on me (like it is in Gingerbread London Fog). The cookies themselves are the type that have a vanilla frosting, but it doesn't smell like buttercream, so it doesn't smell like a lavender and Earl Grey version of a Lofthouse cookie, but it also doesn't smell like the cookie was just rolled in sugar.

I made the Earl Grey Cookie recipe from NYT Cooking while testing this perfume, which actually contains ground up Earl Grey tea leaves infused into the butter, and it smelled so amazing. Then I rolled the balls of dough in lavender sugar and thought that smelled amazing. But the end result was not a cookie that smelled like this scent. It didn't end up tasting like lavender or Earl Grey, because the Earl Grey's bergamot and the orange zest in the dough made the cookies taste like Fruit Loops. :lol: But I like Fruit Loops, so I'm not mad.

I applied this at 1 PM on Saturday and could still smell it by 1 AM, but by then it was lavender vanilla floof with no more Earl Grey. 

If you're looking for something similar to Carry Me, or you can't resist a lavender vanilla scent like me, you won't be disappointed.

This one is back-up worthy.

I guess I was expecting a lullaby with this one, but it’s more a playground of sugar gremlins, citrus confetti sunshine and mischief brewed in lavender fields. A vibrant floral astringency, bergamot’s subtle fruitiness, and an effervescent extravagance of sugar crystal carnival energy launches the entire blend into a hyperactive crescendo of joyfully demented, sticky-fingered Muppet Baby chaos.

up front, i get lots of dry, herbaceous lavender, fading into a soft, fluffy bergamot-heavy earl grey. it's not too astringent nor perfume-y, like a freshly brewed cup of earl grey tea infused with lavender buds. after about an hour, the warm, chewy sugar cookie note emerges, a lovely complement to the floral, slightly sweet bergamot. these cookies are soft and cakey with a hint of vanilla frosting, yet i don't find this to be a cloyingly sweet foodie scent at all. to me, this is almost all bergamot, quite reminiscent of dad! let me do your make up, supported by a kiss of dried lavender and freshly baked sugar cookies. it has the perfect amount of fluffy, airy sweetness, backed by that delightful cakey cookie which gives it a chewy roundness without veering into full-on gourmand territory. so in love with this one, am considering a backup.

Edited by blair

Lots of bergamot and lavender here! The lavender is the fluffy and sweet variety, like in Lavender Buttercream. This bergamot isn't too loud here, and it pairs well with the sweet lavender note. The lab's cookie note goes plastic on me sometimes but this perfume isn't plastic at all to me. I also think the cookie note is more cakey than buttery, almost like vanilla cake. I don't get a ton of the tea note, but the lavender might be absorbing it.

This starts with the same hit of candied lavender as Lavender Coconut Cream Pie but the earl grey tea shows up right behind it, and it's marvelous. I don't get a distinct impression of a sugar cookie but there's definitely a vanilla baked good in here somewhere, and it's great. A sweet lavender treat that would make a lovely sleep scent. 

Lavender and bergamot cookies. The bergamot dominates the earl grey component of the scent. And the strength of the bergamot note reminds me of Dad Let Me Do Your Makeup, and brings to mind cookies being fully submerged in earl grey tea. The lavender is also strong here, and it is the sugary, sweet lavender of other lavender gourmand scents (like Carry Me). The cookie note of the scent is more sugar cookie in nature, and rounds out the scent, without being lost. Overall, lavender and bergamot sugar cookies, that are more lavender and bergamot than cookie, while still being foodie. 

I don’t have more to add than what has already been said, but I will say this is delicious and my favorite of the lavender kitchen release. 

Mmmmmm….. cookies, buttery and warm, smothered in a lavender buttercream frosting. perfect for sleep, because its light and comforting. 

Simultaneously peppy and cozy, I get mostly bergamot heavy Earl Grey. The cookie smells specifically like those soft lofthouse sugar cookies, frosted with lavender (very similar to Lavender Buttercream). It's not overly foodie at all. Carry Me was Dorian + cookies, whereas this is almost like Theodosius + cookies.

Man my skin did a number on this one. I'm not big on foodie scents, but I love lavender and I've been craving a bergamot scent so I tossed this in my cart. In the bottle I get a lavender buttercream vibe, but on me it's BUTTERCOOKIElavenderBUTTER. 🥲 Kinda makes me think when you try out a new cookie recipe but they turn out just flat little sad pancakes that are way too buttery but hey at least they didn't stick to the pan? With a little lavender and maybe a hint of creamy bergamot? But mostly butter, sweet buttery butter cookies. I'll hold on to it and give it another whirl or two for science. Menopause is terrorizing my perfume habit, so this might be a victim of that.

Edited by OxfordComma