Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Gingerbread Hot Cocoa

Gingerbread Hot Cocoa, dotted with marshmallows.

Edited by Jenjin

In the wet stage, this is all gingerbread cookies.  As it dries, the scent of hot cocoa powder comes out to mingle with the gingerbread. The marshmallow comes out in the drydown, it smells like the little dehydrated marshmallows in powdered cocoa mix, rather than the usual fluffy marshmallow note.  This is a plate of fresh-baked gingerbread next to a cup of cocoa, yum!

Very cozy, very warm. Similar to Jo Malone's Gingerbread Biscuit but warmer. It dried down on me exactly as it smelled in the bottle, so no surprises there: gingerbread being the strongest note with the cocoa fainter but steady.

I really like this one! It’s a strong gingerbread with what seems like dried cocoa. I’m not getting the creaminess of “hot cocoa” or the floofy marshmallows, which is a little disappointing - but nevertheless, I have been putting this one on multiple days in a row! It’s got decently strong throw and longevity, definitely more in the category of dry and spicy scent. May need to snag another bottle! 

Edited by myla.mouse.n.di

In the bottle its very Gingerbread-y and that's the only thing I get.

Wet on skin: Gingerbread!! Followed quickly by spice. The bread part of Gingerbread seems to take a step back as it starts to dry and all I can smell is cinnamon that has a very strong throw (it made my eyes water a little bit and one of my cats came to sniff my arm and started squinting/blinking fast 😂)

Dried: 20 ish minutes after application got hit with a random wiff of cocoa powder then it vanished again but it basically smells like Marranitos (from last year) but on steroids 😂. 3 hours after application it smells the same with occasional hints of a plastic-y chocolate smell, but no marshmallow. Not as strong because one of my cats accidentally scratched my arm while jumping so I had to wash my arm off.

Finally at the end of the day it calmed down (possibly due to the washing) and there is a nice hint of chocolate powder in the background. Overall I really enjoy this perfume, I like it a little better than Marranitos, and will probably reach for it on cold days for a little spice!

Edited by ArtemisSelene

Gingerbread and Hot Cocoa. That is the ratio of gingerbread to hot cocoa in this, in the vial, and on my skin. 😭

So the gingerbread in this starts off as a fierce ginger, and it has a chewy gingerbread sort of vibe to it... it doesn't have the gingernsnap sort of gingerbread that some of the gingerbread scents feature. Then the cinnamon joins in. And damn, is it loud. It gets so intense on me that it ends up reminding me of Red Hots, but fortunately, it doesn't burn. As for the hot cocoa, I don't get much of anything chocolate-y to this at all, although there is a moment, after applying this scent, that I smell a texture that reminded me of Lilith the Explorer, which features snacks and 'backpack chocolate residue', so maybe that chocolate note is in this, but fleeting. It's mostly about the cinnamon and the ginger, backed by a very light creaminess. I tested this twice yesterday; once during the day, alongside several other scents, and then after showering during the evening, when I put this on my wrists. The first time, I thought I could smell skin musk after it had been on for several hours; but the second time, maybe it just didn't get that far, because it was all about those gingerbread spices on me.

I was really excited about this not being a gingersnap-y sort of gingerbread at first, before this went on to cinnabomb me for some time. Yet it did not burn and leave welts like some cinnamon scents will do (I have sensitive skin), so that's a plus. I'm going to retest this before it goes away and see if the hot cocoa emerges with age. As it is, I don't think I'll need more of this unless the hot cocoa becomes more prominent -- I really wanted this to smell like a gingerbread cookie dunked in hot cocoa, but at the moment, I'd have better results layering Marranitos with The Other Hot Chocolate or Chad.

After reading reviews, I had to get a bottle!! Sniffing in the bottle, all gingerbread! I get a chewy gingerbread cookie scent, but minus the cookie, which I know doesn't make much sense! :) On my skin, I get a ginger/cinnamon vibe. Not detecting any hot cocoa. As it dries, I think I am getting a hint of some sort of cocoa/chocolate scent. It isn't much, but I still love this. Medium throw on me and I think this will be even better with age!

Raw, chilled gingerbread cookie dough, sweet and spicy.  In the drydown, the marshmallow adds some vanillic creaminess and the cocoa smells like a super light dusting of cocoa powder.  If I didn't know that this was supposed to be gingerbread hot cocoa, though, I'd guess that the notes were vanilla, cinnamon, and clove.  It doesn't have a ton of throw for a spicy scent and it's puzzlingly low on the chocolate part.

Gingerbread and chocolate. I'm definitely getting gingerbread. The hot cocoa reads more as chocolate, make a sweet chocolate bar or chocolate chips. And I don't get a marshmallow note, more a cookie, baked sweets note. Overall, it reminds me more of gingerbread cookies with chocolate chips, or chocolate chip cookies with gingerbread cookies where the latter is fresher out of the oven.

It's nice, my decant has a gingerbread note that goes fruity, like red fruit. A little bit of cocoa, but if someone held this to my nose and said "Hey! Wiff this!" I'd say spicy mulled wine. Glad I tried it, glad I didn' spring for a bottle, but I'm enjoying it all the same.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak