Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This one surprised me the most - it is pure coconut-rum-candy sweetness on me! Almost piña colada. I’m going to revisit it in another week or so to see if that’s still what I am getting, but I wore it for a full day and that’s what it smells like – and I’m not mad about it. No leather that I can detect. 

Fruitier and sweeter than its non-batty predecessor, Batty Perversion smells more playful/whimsical than the very naughty original. The leather and tobacco are less forward, to my nose, and the mix of rum, tonka, and fruity chardonnay make me think of delicious, spiced apricot jam.  Or maybe the extra gooey innards of a fig newton, downed with a shot of good, dark rum. Either way, I like it very much, and it's different enough from the original to make both worth hoarding. :yum:

P.S. I think it will also make a very fun holiday scent. 

This is nice, I really like it!  I got a decant on a whim but I actually like this more than the original Perversion.  It's a sheer scent on me, light, sweet, and airy.  I really don't get much leather at all.  I think mostly I smell the caramelized tonka and black musk.  A really nice surprise, and yet another one I'm considering upgrading to a bottle.. And I haven't even received my bigger batch of decants yet!!  *cries*

1000% percent this is Pina Colada. maybe with a tonka grounding note. No leather to speak of

*edit. I let it sit for a few days then tried it again. Definitely still pina colada, but a nice one without too much alcohol, there's a real nice tonka "spice" to it for sure and almost a touch of candy sweetness and occasional caramel. And yet, it's not "foodie"

I really love this! (and I didn't care for the GC Perversion)

Edited by Roogna

it's been a long time since i've tried regular perversion, but if memory serves, this is sweeter and less leathery. i get the rum, chardonnay and carmelized tonka mostly. it's mildly almost fruity. later on i get a hint of spice. later on i get more musk/tobacco, and it becomes more 'perfumey.' i get no leather at all here. it's nice, but i think i prefer the regular perversion more, because i like the leather.

I'll be up front and say that I don't care for regular Perversion.  I've come to realize recently that tonka doesn't work well on me, and I think I remember getting a very forward tonka note in the original when I'd last tried it years ago. 

However Batty Perversion is REALLY good and I barely notice the tonka in it.  Everything else just comes together amazingly.  I slathered this for work yesterday and I could still detect it wafting into the evening.  I smelled sexy.  Even my best friend's Frenchie loved it - he kept smooshing his muzzle into my cleavage to huff it and tried to dry hump me several times.   

Upgraded to a bottle!

Edited by rawgirl75

I tried an imp of the original Perversion earlier this year a promptly added it to my wishlist, and then when Batty Perversion came out I blind bought a bottle. I honestly don’t remember what the OG smelled like, only that I liked it enough to want to upgrade, and I absolutely adore BP. I mainly get the Chardonnay (which in wine I’m not really a fan) and an overall sweetness. I loved it enough to pick it as the scent I wore when I saw Hozier so now it has all of those good association woven in with it. I do get a hint of leather, but nowhere near as strong as in Snooty Bat (my other bat comparison), and combined with the tonka and tobacco it just blends into a sweet amazingness.  

I enjoy regular Perversion, but it is pretty sweet. I was hoping for Perversion plus leather to reign in the sweetness, but this isn't really like that on me. Wet, I get a big blast of floral perfume, like a sweet gardenia. As this dries down, it settles into a boozy perfume with a sharp floral edge. The tobacco is present under all the other loud notes, rich and chewy like the note in Perversion. The floral note is still there, loud and proud. I'm not sure where it's coming from, maybe the musk?

If I had to list the notes according to how this wears on me, I'd say they were gardenia, wine, and sugared tobacco. I think that this would be a great perfume for someone who wants something that smells expensive and like a floral mainstream perfume, but that's not really for me.

This has nothing on the original Perversion.

I deathmatched it with the original (this on my left hand, the original on my right). Of course, the original was aged, but this isn't even as glorious as it when it was fresh. The wine is a main player, but it is quieter than it is in the original scent, but the tobacco is not as loud or as rich, and the leather note is also rather quiet; this is mostly wine with tobacco and musk on me, and the musk makes it smell somewhat soapy, whereas the original Perversion features this amazing, chewy tobacco that throws for hours, splashed with lots of wine, and some sweetness from the tonka. The original is much stronger and much sweeter on me. Curiously, I didn't get much rum, and I was missing the tonka in this one.

While it was nice to be able to try this variant, I'm sticking with the original (and the pumpkin spice version, which is mostly just the original with a breath of pumpkin spice).

This is so pretty. I tried the original perversion a long time ago and remembered not loving it because it was just too much on me. This is perfect, somehow a bit tamer and more refined on my skin, easier to wear somehow. It starts with a chewy tobacco and and the sweet rum. I don't get a ton of leather, just enough to make this kind of soft and cozy. The Black musk is there lending a bit of clean softness. It's all blended gorgeously. I'm not getting coconut or pina colada like others with this but there might be a hint of fruitiness that's not in the original. Unfortunately it doesn't last super long on my skin, but I'm happy to reapply. I'll be picking up a full bottle for sure.