Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vintage Frankenstein Blow Mold

A shell of milky plastic surrounding a puff of mint chocolate chip-scented air, illuminated from within by 40 watts of glowing amber.

Vintage Frankenstein Blow Mold: this one is strong in the bottle but settled down quickly on the skin. I do wish it stayed strong. It’s definitely sweet mint with light chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips. I didn’t get much amber at all. It’s a nice one. Nothing unusual just Franky hanging out eating a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone instead of trick or treating lol 😋

Fresh on, it's a blast of those individually wrapped chocolate peppermints you find in bowls at receptionist desks. My skin usually just instantly eats mint but it's surprisingly readable here, and the chocolate doesn't go shea butter on me at all, but remains, much to my delight, chocolate the whole time (what is this sorcery?! I love it!). With full dry down and a bit of wear, the mint does fade and the amber comes out and oh what an amber it is, glowing is a very good way to describe it. The end result for me was much as I've seen others describe it: a gorgeous chocolate amber. I highly recommend this one. This has so far been the standout for me. 

Edited by Beary Strange

Another standout blend. Wet: Mint chocolate chip ice cream blanketed in a heavy drift of unsweetened dutched cocoa - very minty, very chocolatey. It's like a gourmet version of the generic brand mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches you got at kids' parties. That's the smell right there, the gummy chocolate wafer and the mint chocolate chip filling.

After a while I realize the amber is buried in there, cradling the chocolate like a ring setting. It has a similar cocoa-and-amber base as Gelt, but the mint and cream make this distinctly different. It's gourmand but not overly foody, especially in the drydown. It swaps back and forth between the chocolate and the mint several times - this is honestly the longest a mint note has persisted on my skin - and ends in a surprise poof of dry, ambery cocoa powder. Just reward yourself with frequent reapplication to keep the show going, because it fades fast, but it's worth it.

This one was perhaps the biggest surprise out of my Halloweenie order!

I didn’t have any other oils with mint as a main ingredient so this was an automatic add for me, although as I waited for delivery I started to worry that it might end up being toothpaste-y to other people.

However, that’s not the case at all - this is absolutely lovely and perfectly blended. The chocolate is a beautiful dark cocoa powder, and the mint is present but not overwhelming (it reminds me a bit of Lush’s Intergalactic if I had to compare?). I don’t get much of a plastic scent but there is a definite warmth holding the whole thing together, which I guess must be the amber.

Overall, a really unique and cozy blend! I can see myself wearing this all through the winter.

Edited by neonwooper

In the bottle I get rich cocoa, a light mint, and a bit of the 'plastic' note; musky and hard for me to describe. It's sort of in the zone of the chalky rubble situation in Ice Age Baton, but much softer. 

On my skin it's more minty, and I get the amber underneath. The musky-amber situation keeps this at a medium foodiness compared to like Dragon Slide which is full on mint-chip foody. 

A surprise favorite for me, of the weenies this year. I don't get mint chocolate chip so much as icy, minty dessert. I also don't get the plastic note, but I do get the amber, just noticeable, in the background. I would describe this as elevated mint ice cream musk, still foodie, but the amber brings down some of the sweetness. It reminds me of Arcana's Glittering line of scents.

Vintage Frankenstein Blow Mold goes on as mint chocolate chip on me, stronger on the mint than the chocolate. The mint is creamy, like the mint component of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and unlike other reviewers, I don't think this chocolate is a dark variety. Over time, the chocolate gains strength, and the plastic joins in, so that it kind of smells like a cheap milk chocolate, with the mint fading over time. But maybe it's the milky plastic giving it a cheap milk chocolate vibe to my nose. If you've tried Moonalisa's Snuggler, which is supposed to smell like dark hot chocolate infused with peppermint schnapps, but smells like peppermint schnapps splashed onto a Hershey's bar, just know that I dislike that scent, but think that the chocolate in this one, even though it doesn't smell like quality chocolate, is still better than the chocolate in that. :P For some reason, I didn't get much amber from this on my skin either time I tested it.

I enjoy the creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream from the wet phase of this scent and think that this blow mold scent is pretty enjoyable overall, but I'm waiting to deathmatch it with Grasshopper Pie from the Yules to see which mint chocolate appeals to me more. 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Vintage Ghost Blow Mold was one of my 2023 Weenie favorites, so I had high hopes for Frankenstein, too. I get almost no mint from this, sadly. All milk chocolate and amber (heavier on the former), all the time. It also lacks the staying power and nostalgia factor of Vintage Ghost.

Milk chocolate is not a note that I enjoy, so I'll be letting it go. If you liked Gelt, give this one a whirl.