• Members
  • 6,112 posts
  • Mood:get em
  • SotD:Dragon Smooched Snake Oil!
  • Nothing Selected
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

White sandalwood, honey, and champaca.

Straight out of the bottle, the champaca's fresh, incensey floral is most forward, almost citrusy, but soft, with a hint of green stem. Honey adds a slightly sweet, ambery, roundness. The sandalwood in the drydown is young and fresh, slightly powdery. The overall feel is a very springlike floriental, that dries down to a fresh skin scent, which I'll enjoy wearing in hot weather. It has light sillage and average wearlength.

#2 Lucchesa

Lucchesa

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • Mood:Happy!
  • SotD:Sugar Skull
  • Ram
  • Gemini
  • United States

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

If I were designing this scent, I would have gone all literal.  Murky seawater, hemp rope, stone.  But there are lots of excellent reasons that I am not heading up a perfumery, like, who would want to wear that?  Beth goes instead for the sunny meadow we imagine Jesus sitting in as he suffers the little children to not get horrifically ripped away from their parents.  

I love the Lab's honey scents, but I tend to amp champaca and it can go strange on me.  Here, though, it behaves beautifully.  This is mainly a honey and champaca scent on me, with the warm sandalwood grounding it.  I rarely get throw, but this is champaca, so it actually has pretty good sillage on me, though the wear length is just average. 

Energetically, this blend is the color of sunshine.  Recommended for lovers of the Apiary, Against Idleness and Mischief, Venus Verticordia, honey-based Shungas and the like.  

#3 LiberAmoris

LiberAmoris

Goonies Never Say Die

• Administrator
  • 9,636 posts
  • Mood:redolent
  • SotD:Inez
  • Rabbit
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Matthew 18:6 is another lovely vehicle for champaca (I'm so excited that this note is popping up in so many places!). Champaca is a glowing, incensey floral on me, and the sandalwood and honey give this a slightly sweet and powdery edge. Simple in the best way—pure. Feels perfect for summertime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deliver Them, From the Hands of the Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users