Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

White sandalwood, honey, and champaca.

Straight out of the bottle, the champaca's fresh, incensey floral is most forward, almost citrusy, but soft, with a hint of green stem. Honey adds a slightly sweet, ambery, roundness. The sandalwood in the drydown is young and fresh, slightly powdery. The overall feel is a very springlike floriental, that dries down to a fresh skin scent, which I'll enjoy wearing in hot weather. It has light sillage and average wearlength.

If I were designing this scent, I would have gone all literal. Murky seawater, hemp rope, stone. But there are lots of excellent reasons that I am not heading up a perfumery, like, who would want to wear that? Beth goes instead for the sunny meadow we imagine Jesus sitting in as he suffers the little children to not get horrifically ripped away from their parents.

I love the Lab's honey scents, but I tend to amp champaca and it can go strange on me. Here, though, it behaves beautifully. This is mainly a honey and champaca scent on me, with the warm sandalwood grounding it. I rarely get throw, but this is champaca, so it actually has pretty good sillage on me, though the wear length is just average.

Energetically, this blend is the color of sunshine. Recommended for lovers of the Apiary, Against Idleness and Mischief, Venus Verticordia, honey-based Shungas and the like.

Matthew 18:6 is another lovely vehicle for champaca (I'm so excited that this note is popping up in so many places!). Champaca is a glowing, incensey floral on me, and the sandalwood and honey give this a slightly sweet and powdery edge. Simple in the best way—pure. Feels perfect for summertime.

I can smell the sweetness of the honey, and the sandalwood adds a bit of complexity to this blend, but over all, this is a gorgeous champaca incense on me. It' has a very nice throw as well, and is light weight enough to not feel oppressive in the summer heat. If you're a champaca fan, check this one out.

Definitely a very champaca forward blend. It is incense like but steers more towards the actual flower than just pure incense. There’s hints of greenery in here and a general floral undertone.

The honey is sweet and lovely, golden and warm. It overlays this blend and gives it some oomph.

The sandalwood is surprisingly nice here. I like sandalwood but it’s mostly just something I find nice and complimentary. Here it’s actually especially good in combination with these other notes. It hangs close to the skin but it’s a very warm sandalwood, woodsy and almost spicy. The honey in particular really suits it nicely.

This one does have a pretty mild throw and becomes more of just a nice skin scent as it dries. However I don’t think a stronger throw would necessarily make it better. This one is well suited to just being a mild and close scent.

In the imp: whoa, a little sweet, a little floral, a little incensey. I usually associate champaca with overpowering cheap incense and don't think I've smelled it like this. It smells good.

Wet on the skin: White floral with a hint of sandalwood incense. I'm sniffing for the honey, but it isn't overt.

Dry: Soapy sandalwood (like the sandalwood soap you find in crunchy college stores that sell a lot of hemp stuff and cheap champaca incense), cream spicy floral with a little sharp green here and there- it's wanting to go powdery soap but isn't

Final: a little spicy, a little zingy, very creamy, full, soft, white floral with a little powdery wood. I think I like it. It's a pretty floral, almost like a muted gardenia or funkier, muskier magnolia.

Honeyed champaca incense.

The champaca was strongest on me, followed by the honey, with incense hints. But this was well-blended overall, and only became more so the longer it sat on my skin, until the three became one.

This was sultry and calm. I loved testing it and am only able to resist a bottle because of having many champaca blends.

In the bottle: Floral, incensey champaca and honey. 

On my skin:

Wet, the honey actually comes out first, with the champaca regaining dominance by the time it dries. Given some time to warm and develop, the champaca becomes both bright -- "almost citrusy" is about right -- and incensey. The honey adds a rich sweetness. Together, the two do not become cloying -- though this may also be in part due to the sandalwood, which I cannot yet detect as a stand-alone note. 

After about half an hour, the sandalwood shows up, giving the scent a nice, grounded element. 

I agree with folks describing this as a scent that would be the color of sunshine. 

The throw is pretty good. Will update later about wear length. Now is bedtime. 

In the imp, it's all champacha. When I put it on, it initially went all powdery, but after an hour or so it's a sweet floral honey. This is nice, sunshiney, and for spring/summer.

Unf, I think I've found my champaca flower holy grail scent (well, this and Defututa! But this one focuses more on the champaca, and it's glorious). This isn't an incensy champaca (although of course there's some similarity with nag champa notes); it's less sharp and smoky, and more of a dewy floral that opens slightly green and then melds into a nectared sweetness with the honey. I like champaca with other florals too, but it doesn't have to compete here, so it's definitely a good one to try if you just want a gorgeous champaca flower scent. The sandalwood and honey are very gentle. This is an underrated hidden gem in my opinion, and I'd definitely recommend it to folks who liked the Vanilla/Champaca/Gardenia trio or Honeyed Champaca Blossom & Basmati Rice (which are also awesome, but harder to find).

I’m attempting to consider and review perfumes without pouring over other reviews and even looking at notes after the initial time sink. 

Matthew 18:6 digs up an old elementary school scent memory for me. A little girl roll-on or spray from the drugstore that I received as a stocking stuffer, or a scent drawer sachet that my grandmother gave me. Either way, it reminds me of childhood in my room after school, curled up on my bed, reading a book, cozy as hell.

Its perfumey, incense-like, with sweetness like honey or dark sugar