• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Mood:Curious Cat
  • SotD:Flickering Lantern
  • Monkey
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, pink columbine, delphinium, pink carnation, peony, and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey, bourbon vanilla and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

My bottle just landed a couple hours ago, but I have been pretty excited about this one because of peony and vanilla this time around. The notes are the same as the '12 version without the white chocolate which would have been a hard pass for me. I will make updates as this pretty-in-pink ages, but wanted to share first impressions:

Just after application, I'm getting a wonderful mix of mostly peony and spicy carnation. This is a gorgeous blend of some of my favorite girly florals with a tiny bit of strawberry which I would call more of a tart berry blossom. It's sweet, but not in a candy sweet way which makes this pinky more mature than some of the earlier, candy sweet versions.

Imagine sinking your face into a big bouquet made of perfect spring with just the right amount of spice to make it sexy. The honey is barely there, and seems to be mixing with the daffodil to warm things up. I'm also getting the silvery moon lunar note when I smell up close. It's really nice and makes it all crystalline and illuminated.

The dry-down plumps up and takes on a bit more of the pink sugar, but it's balanced by the spiciness of the carnation and remains like the sweetness of a nectar filled flower, rather than cloying cottoncandy. I'm looking at the moon through heart-shaped, rose-tinted glasses and it smells like happiness. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users