Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Gertrude Dix's

White magnolias, vanilla orchid, and a cascade of champagne.

This is a surprise hit for me! I usually don't like champagne scents, but I mostly get vanilla orchid from Gertrude Dix, with a light effervescence that must be the champagne note - it usually turns to a bitter, dusty smell on my skin, but sprayed around my bedroom it is *perfect*. The overall effect is a light, creamy floral that has a clean feel to it. It's unlike any of the other atmosphere sprays, and I'm go glad I got it!

My nose is still on the mend from a terrible head cold this week, but I am gradually getting my sense of smell back and wanted to dig into trying all my new Trading Post loot from my recent order.

At first spritz, the champagne note is strongest with a slight citrus feel to it. Almost a lime citrus champagne to my nose.

After a minute or two I begin to pick up the vanilla and floral notes, but champagne is still the heaviest note my nose is picking up.

Very light, airy, fresh scent. I agree it has a very clean feel to it. I'm very happy I took a chance on this spray.

I was worried that this would smell like the Champagne perfume oils (will call LE versions), because the champagne in those often smells sour and off to me (kinda pukey). Thankfully, this is more of a clean, bright, citrus fizz smell with hints of smooth, sweet, vanilla-y goodness.

My husband says this smells like "limes and flowers" (which is a step up, considering he usually just says that everything smells like flowers, even if the blend has no floral notes at all, lol).

This is a really strong spray. One spritz scents an entire large room and lasts for days. I'll use this when I want a nice, clean smell for my house. :smilenod:

This is a hit! I get fizzy floral notes, with the vanilla orchid smoothing it out.

Plus, if I spray it before bed, I find I sleep better!

This is the PERFECT room spray for late spring...the champagne is sparkling and sweet and the orchid and magnolia are fresh and flowery. It's got great throw--two squirts scented my whole apartment! I'll be using this a lot in warm weather.

Oh, wow.

Just got my sample of this today, and it is AMAZING. Champagne and vanilla orchid and magnolia and just wonderful. BRB, gonna roll around in this a bit. :D~

There are not enough words in the English language to describe how gorgeous this atmo spray is. It's mostly vanilla orchid with a spritz of sweet, bubbly, pink champagne. There's a hint of heady magnolia swirling through the scent, but it's mostly that champagny vanilla orchid. It's lightly tropical, very fresh, and just soooo pretty. I have sprayed every linen in my bathroom and on my bed with it. I just can't get enough.

I get a lot of vanilla orchid here, with just a hint of champagne and magnolia. It's a light and creamy scent. Very pretty. My living room smells like awesome.

Lovely scent! Clean, sweet, pretty! Light enough to not irritate. I like this almost as much as my beloved Anti-Zoog spray! Will certainly get more!

A light, fizzy, breezy floral. I am still using this as it's over 80 here today, in defiance of everything the calendar says, and it's enough to make me pretend it really IS still summer.

As others have noted this is a very pretty, airy spray. I get a lot of vanilla mixed with a breezy orchid scent with a little kick of champagne. I don't love it, but I do really like it. :) This has really grown on me and it has a very nostalgic smell to it.

This one was a big risk for me as I'm not a big floral fan at all, and champagne notes in BPAL blends go icky and sour with my skin chemistry. But I decided to go for it anyway.

When I first spritzed it onto a pillow I was massively disappointed. It was just white powder-- thanks, magnolias.

And then I noticed a little note on the bottle reminding me to shake it gently before spritzing. I did so, and WOAH did that make a difference.

It's fantastic. Exactly what I wanted from this atmo spray... it's light, gentle, and floral without being icky or cloying. The champagne note is just glorious and so unusual. I'm just crossing my fingers that vanilla will make a stronger appearance at some point.

I also got a sample of Fae Forest and initially liked it so much better that I figured I'd have to order yet another bottle to fulfill my 'light' atmo needs, but now I think Gertrude Dix's will do the trick.

I can't stress enough what a difference a gentle shake made.

EDIT: Hmmm, just tried spraying this in the air (previous test was on a pillow) and it's quite powdery again. May have to just use this for linens.

3.5/5 in the air

4/5 on a pillow

Edited by arrow

Vanilla orchid, huge waft of champagne and a hint of magnolia. Lovely, crisp, creamy floral. Very feminine.

LOVE IT.

I love champagne scents so much, and after trying Tammany recently, had to test them sniff to sniff to really see how different or alike they are.

And the verdict was that this smelled very fizzy and light to me, like a fruity, floral champagne. Very light, very sweet and feminine, and not nearly as "champagne-y" as I had remembered it being. Tammany is more of a true "alcohol" scent to me, and the masculine counterpart to Miss Gertrude.

Ultimately, I think I liked Tammany a bit better (LE, sigh), but Gertrude Dix is a winner in her own right. Sweet and bubbly and a definite mood-lifter.

The champagne note is the most noticeable for me. It's light, fizzy, and a little fruity. I do get some light, clean floral as well. Overall a very fresh scent and it's great for brightening up common spaces like the bathroom or the laundry room, but I prefer warmer scents for my bedroom.

Do you want your house to smell like happiness and fun? Of course you do. Gertrude Dix is here to make your dreams come true.

This was a blind purchase and a big risk for me, but I love love love vanilla orchid, I am very fond of magnolia and I love champagne but it doesn't work on my skin. But here? It is perfection. Mostly orchid and lovely bubbly happy champagne with a hint of magnolia in the background.

Spray it on your pillows for New Orleans dreams.

Edited by joopjoop

Bottle from the Trading Post, aged 4 - 6 years.  For some reason I didn't write a review when I got it.

I get a lot of magnolia from this mingled with something light, bright, sparkly, non-floral, and a little perfumey.  That must be the champagne.  The champagne note evokes the real thing, but doesn't smell exactly like it.  (And who would want their bed to smell like they spilled a glass of champagne all over it anyway?).  There's no foody vanilla scent at all, but there might be some orchid mixed in with the magnolia.  A bouquet of topical white flowers with a glass of cool champagne sitting next to it, on a dark and sweltering Southern night. How lovely is that?

Miss Dix is gorgeous, and so fitting for the theme!  It doesn't last as long as some of the Atmospheric sprays, but long enough - about a day and a half when sprayed on fabrics.

Predominant Notes:  Magnolia

Character:  Mixed floral

5 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose