Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

The NIGHTMARE TERROR of TEENAGE love gone GRISLY!
She's HELL-BENT on romance, THRILL-CRAZED, and HUNGRY!
There's NO ESCAPE from her clutches!

A deranged darling, sweet and sociopathic! Clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!

Wet, in the bottle, this scent bears a lot of resemblance other classic BPAL foody blends with just a little added sweetness. It's pretty, but it's not what I expected given the listed notes, and while it's a good scent and definitely wearable, I can't say it's really exceptional or even makes my top five of the Lab's 'foody' type of scents. It's generally slightly sweet, though well balanced with a hint of the candyfloss and pear. It's got a short wearlength on me, and a couple of hours in, I can barely pick up a whiff of it on my wrist.

ETA: Although the ingredients are different, there's something here reminiscent of Treat 2 about 30 minutes in. Hm. I think it's the combination of pear and grapefruit giving off a vaguely dusty feel thanks to my weirdo body chemistry. Blarg.

In the bottle the first thing i think of when i smell it is Monserbait biggercritters. It's a very foody sweet, and unfortunatly, Im not big on sweet foodys. I like sweet candy scents, but not foody. its like a peice of vanilla creme cake. I'd rather eat it than wear it

On me its not as foody as biggercritters, but it's gone juicy. That must be the pears? Its like a foody juicy vanilla pear. Very sweet, but the food type of sweet.

Still not quite something I'd wear daily. Even though I LOVE the art, it's still off to swappers!!!

In the bottle I get a creamy, buttery, slightly minty scent with maybe a hint of fruit. Odd since my memory of this scent was mostly ginger, pepper, and grapefruit. I'm guessing what I smell in the bottle is the clotted vanilla cream.

Wet, the grapefruit comes creeping out of the cream. Hi there, grapefruit!

Dry down, the grapefruit seems to be getting sweeter, but it's still the prevailing scent for me. Something reminds me of tea, I'm guessing the ginger is coming out to play. The ginger is eventually overtaking grapefruit as the predominant scent. There's definitely a cloying sweetness to this scent which I'm betting is the lily. I don't detect the pear, pepper, or lemon-scented candy floss, but the latter two could easily be part of the spice and citrus I attribute to ginger and grapefruit.

For all of the "food" components, it doesn't strike me as a foody scent.

Dry, it's not the strongest scent in the world, but it's a nice subtle citrusy ginger. I like it a lot, and I'm not feeling any desire to gnaw on human flesh, so, bonus!

ETA: Put on Teenage Cannibal for a full wear and not just a test and I'm getting a little burning/redness. Not enough to wash it off. Just thought I'd make a note of it as an FYI for folks with sensitive skin (which I don't consider myself to be).

Edited by BlueStarGirl

Yummy! :P

Cake and cream are the main components I smell, with a small helping of fruit and a dash of peppery ginger to give it a spark.

It's the first time a cake scent has gotten to me. (I love Midway but it's not cake, and Closet didn't push my buttons.) I can see myself wearing this a lot.

mmmm. this smells good. there's some familiarity here...it's cake-y a la "eat me", and it reminds me at first of carrot cake, the same carrot cake feeling i got from pumpkin queen, from the citrus. ...teenage cannibal is like a yummy, citrussy cake, with whipped cream, crystalized ginger, and candied grapefruit peel. it's a light foody scent, with none of the heavy butteriness that comes with some foodies.

the grapefruit and ginger come out later, adding a tang and a zing that is a little "perkier" than what i usually wear (after all this is a teenage cannibal, not a middle-aged one), but i think this'll be good for me as a work scent, and a summer scent. fun! (awesome label too, of course.)

bottle: this smells like caramel covered fruit of some sort. very creamy/fruity to my nose.

wet: okay, i am officially resisting the urge to nibble my wrist. the fruits are light and sweet, the cream is creamy and the pink pepper and ginger are spicy. if this was a dessert, i'd be on my third helping by now.

dry: creamy citrus fruits with a nice spike of spices. i'm off to buy a few more bottles i think...

Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal is gorgeous and unique, the perfect grapefruit scent. Very complex for such a sweetie. It's like a giant candy grapefruit rolled in vanilla sugar, studded with lemon drops, pink peppercorns, and bits of candied pear and stem ginger.

The grapefruit explodes and then lingers in a pool of pulpy sweetness. The vanilla is more grounding in this scent rather than a power player. The long dry down reveals a sweet candied pear-ginger perfume with the lemon drops and pink pepper fighting for the last word.

I love candy scents and Cannibal fits the bill to perfection. I'm not getting any cream-cake-butter and for that I am ever so thankful.

I'm so relieved to be able to write a glowing review for this one! I was terrified of that clotted cream. Cream is one of my absolute worst notes, and anything that contains it tends to just smell like a pan full of burning butter, so I assumed I'd just test this and want to swap it.

This is one of the very few scents that could be classified as foody that I like. Think Beaver Moon '05, but awash in sparkling grapefruit and pear with a sprinkling of spice. A slice of snowy white cake with citrus rind curled on top and some fresh sliced fruit on the side. I can't specifically smell the ginger or lily but they must be adding the extra bits of non-foody sweetness that I catch in this, and along with the pink pepper, a dash of spice. The pink pepper creeps forward, not as strong as it is in something like Trick #2 or Hermia, but a beautiful glowing sweet peppery spice that lingers as it dries down.

At first I did get a slight impression of a movie theatre lobby, where every type of candy is on offer, including cotton candy, and the slightest distant whiff of popcorn, but that turns much more into this powdered sugar, white spice cake and light fruit scent. Beaver Moon '05 and Eat Me are the only other two scents that achieve that balance of being cakey without being buttery or cloyingly, densely sweet, in my experience, and I'd put this alongside them for wearability for me.

Not sure how long it lasts because I've only had it on for a half hour, but so far it's great. I don't think this would work in a locket for me because the heavier sweet layers in the beginning might linger there -- I like how the more fruity/spicy notes come forward on my skin. As it dries I think I get more of the pepper and ginger and less of the fruit. I think it will dry down more to a spice-cake scent and again I'll throw in a comparison to the first Beaver Moon. Very happy with my cannibal!

I can't keep sniffing my wrist. I'm starting to like more "interesting" scents and this one is the best foodie so far for me. I'm not a big fan of Eat me and Beaver Moon and Midway are somewhere in the middle for me.

Wet? It's creamy with the barest hint of lemon chiffon undertone...the cream is so creamy it read as caramel to me. I thought of the midway and a carnival...the funnel cake scent that never works on me because it gets cakey and greasy...this scent is not extreme in that way. I get the red ginger and a bit of pepper to keep it light.

There is definitely a lot of carmely cake and lemon cream wet. Dry it's cream with pears, a bit of pepper and the ginger makes it super prominent yet very airy and wearable. Further dry down is fruit, pepper and cream with the ginger reading as even more pepper to me. I could wear this to the office, around crowds of people...it's a pleasant scent that would love to share its uniqueness with others.....without knocking them down.

2 hours later: fresh cut ginger from the grocery store, dolloped with cream or evaporated milk to keep it from being harsh, with the slightest tinge of fruit coming up underneath it. I think this will work on a lot of people!!!!!

This is a great food/fruit/cream scent...very pure!! :P

In the bottle, this smelled like a foodie dream, and the first thing that hit me was the buttery cake note from Crumpet Rebellion, of all things, followed by something fruity and rich that reminded me of, well, all the other popular foodie blends at once!

On my wrist, it did a little dance between the notes, a decadent, sticky sweet confection with the slight dustiness of Sweet Tarts (I think this might be pear). The pink pepper crops up, reminding me of Hermia, followed by bright, sparkling citrus and - there! The ginger!

To me, this starts out a babbling, sticky-fingered teenager and grows up over the course of 15 minutes into something gingery and spicy and red and warm, but still with a creamy-fruity undertone. It's simply fantastic.

Edited by bookandbroom

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

*lick* This is absolutely tantalizing, and for the record I am not a "foody" scent lover.

Wet: I get a kick of creamy grapefruit. Smells a bit foody in the bottle, but not once it dries!

Dry: This is so well-blended, yet if I concentrate I can detect a rotating medley of notes: the lemon candyfloss just barely peeks above the spicy ginger and pink pepper, which sits right on top of the grapefruit and pear, which is smoothed out by the vanilla cream, and which is touched by a hint of floral. This really is quite remarkable, uplifting, innocent yet sinister. This is another keeper. =)

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal - Oooh, this is good. I mean, this is GOOD! It reminds me a lot of MB: Bigger Critters in its sweet, vanilla-grapefruit yumminess, only better because there's no jasmine in it! This is one of those rare foody blends that I am absolutely crazy about and which actually works on my skin and smells amazing for a long time. It's got the tart tanginess of grapefruit blended with the sweetness of vanilla and what I'm guessing is the "candyfloss" note. After it's been on my skin for a bit, a slightly dry, spicy note peeks through - I'm guessing it's the ginger - and blends gorgeously with the vanilla and grapefruit, providing a sense of depth and decadence to this scent. The throw is really, really strong and lasts a long, long time. Must order another bottle now!

"Teenage Cannibal" reminds me of Monsterbait: Bloody Mary a lot, and it's very similar in the wet stages at least on my skin. As it dries, though, it becomes dustier and more reminiscent of cotton candy, lemondrops, and ginger Altoids.

All in all, it's kind of like crack in a bottle. YAY CRACK! (No cannibal should smell this good. I'm just sayin'.)

Bottle: Grapefruit candy

Wet: Sweet grapefruit, some lemon and vanilla! Little bit of ginger!

Drydown: Ooh, the pepper came out making this much more complex!

I love it!

4.0 outta 5

ETA: Although the ingredients are different, there's something here reminiscent of Treat 2 about 30 minutes in.

I totally agree with that!! When I sniff this in the bottle it smells a lot like MB: Bloody Mary ( a favorite of mine) but that changes very quickly. When it goes on, it's a lot less foody - predominantly gingery lemon and grapefruit. It's a rather stark contrast to the buttery sweet vanilla you get in the bottle. It's nice though, I like the sharp citrusy feel to this, though it was definitely not what I was expecting! Will be nice for the Spring/Summer :P

In the bottle it smells like gingered cake batter. (YUM)

On the skin, I smell bubble gum, then the spiced ginger scent comes into play.

Then I get a candy necklace smell. :P:D

Just want I wanted!

VERY cakey in the bottle, like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Completely different once applied--the ginger is prominent at first but as it dries I get more of lemony, candy scent that others have commented on, with the grapefruit keeping it on the sharp side. It's much lighter and airier than a bottle-sniff would have you believe, and I think with a little aging this'll smell GREAT, once all the notes blend together a bit more. Which is fine because this is more of a springtime scent--I can't wait to sniff it again in a couple of months!

And the label is adorable--nicely done!

These blends are so complex I just about don't know where to start in reviewing them. I barely knew what to expect on my skin.

Wet, this is strong on the spun sugar, with a good dose of red ginger. There are probably some other things going on here, but I can't pick them out. I don't have a good history with red ginger, so that's what gave me some slight reservations about this blend. Luckily, with so many other components and so many sugary notes, the red ginger is well balanced here. No funky mustiness.

Dry, a real tartness emerges. At this stage, grapefruit seems to be most apparent, with cream, spun sugar, a hint of red ginger and pepper. I'm unable to pick out the other notes specifically, but I'm sure they're there. The longer it dries, the more the grapefruit evaporates, and the stronger the red ginger gets. After maybe another half hour, I think the lily has become a lot more noticeable, lightening the whole blend up.

I've seen some people compare this scent to Bloody Mary, and I can definitely see a similarity. As tart, cream based fruit scents, they're in the same family, but they definitely don't smell the same. The red ginger is the real distinguishing point here. It gives a grounding, rich spice quality that makes this really unique -- it's part sweet, part sour, part savory.

So for me, it's tart citrus with red, spicy cream. I loved Bloody Mary, so I love this too. The only downside is that the throw and wear life both are below average. (All the better to slather with!)

Try this if you like: Bloody Mary, Night Gaunt, Croquet, Midway...

Edited by naeelah

Oh, how utterly divine!! I LOVE the label on this one!

This smells wonderfully foody; vanilla cream with a citrusey, pear/ lemon and a kick of cinnamon. Smells good enough to eat, and it has quite a bit of throw too! I love that about the spicy ones. This lasts quite awhile on me, and that scores big points in my book. It dries down to a light ginger cream scent with a hint of fruit in the background.

I love this, this will become one of my favorites. :P

This is a foody, yummy blend. Wet, applied fresh from the bottle, it smells a bit like Fruit Loops or a white sponge cake with fruit-flavored toppings. I can smell the grapefruit, ginger, cream and lemon sugar. It reminds me of the Monsterbait cake scents. It’s not a super-sweet scent and it has a bite that also reminds me of Trick 2 (the pepper I think). As it wears the pink pepper and grapefruit duke it out for dominance.

After it’s been on a few hours, I’m left with a sweet, fruity scent close to the skin. I love the pepper in the blend but I’m not so sure about the opening.

I am absolutely in love with this blend :P

Grapefruit is the strongest note to me, with the pepper being second. I never imagined they would compliment each other so well, but it's perfect! Something to give a naughty edge to the sweet grapefruit and lemon candy floss. I love the hints of ginger in there too. Heavenly!

The only downside of this one to me is that it doesn't last very long. It's so yummy that my skin just eats it up and I have to keep reapplying. I will cry when this bottle runs out! :D

At first sniff it is a light sweet creamy scent. Once applied the pepper emerges to mingle with the other scents. Sweet creamy ginger with pepper and a pear edge.

I can see how this would be wonderful on someone who really enjoys foody scents. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, I'll try it again but I don't think I'll be keeping the bottle. I also don't have a great history with pink pepper, Mi-Go didn't work on me either.

Edited by Summerpixy

When I first applied this to my skin, I thought it was going to be a straight-up cake scent. It smelled very, very foody and richly sweet. I do like foody scents, but not ones that smell like cake. For some reason my chemistry can tend to turn cake into a musty butter scent that I just can't stand. So I wasn't thrilled with this one to start. But within ten minutes it started to develop into a lovely creamy vanilla and anything cake-esque disappeared.

The pepper is the perfect touch--it gives it a nice little kick. And the grapefruit has won me over of course. It's sweet and juicy and innocent. And everything remains wrapped inside that pretty vanilla coating. It's all sweet, but not cloying or sickly sweet. The lemon adds a brightness that keeps this from slipping into overly foody again. Combined with the sugary notes the lemon reminds me of those little hard candy lemon drops I used to like when I was little.

This has average throw and it seems to last for a long time. It smells better and better as I wear it. I'm so glad that my chemistry didn't ruin this one for me. I really like it.

In bottle: sweet musk

On skin: blast of strawberry-like fruit juice, then more mellow with darker musks

Half-hour later: an interesting combination of sugar-sweet with a dark murky base. Every so often I get a tang of grapefruit, which comes and goes like a pealing bell

In conclusion: this reminded me of Trick #2, which is strange as there aren't any similar (listed) ingredients other than pink pepper. But it was an uncanny resemblance, one I couldn't get out of my head. Yes, Trick #2 with extra red fruit juice and grapefruit. :P Very cool.