Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Suspiro

A Latin word that means to sigh or draw a deep breath, that also suggests longing, desire, yearning, and a passionate wish. Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.

In the imp: jasmine and a host of other white flowers.

Wet on skin: jasmine, with a hint of fruit, lots of white flowers.

Dry on skin: very pretty! This reminds me of another jasmine/night flowers themed scent-either Pannychis or Morgause. I get a little bit of plum adding a sweet juiciness to the scent. The jasmine and lilies are quite dry, almost sharp, in this scent, but they aren't too sharp, this scent is very pleasant. I get a little bit of ylang that gives the scent a heady feel.

After a while: this scent has become fruitier, all of a sudden. There's also a greenish scent that has popped up within the floral notes. The fruity note at times smells like banana or wine, and then it smells like plum, it's an odd note, but not too bad. The ylang is a little bit more noticeable now-I think that may be what's enhancing the plum note.

This fruity stage doesn't really last though, and the scent then becomes a greenish floral which is rather faint. It's also a bit sharp and bitter now.

After a few hours I'm left with a faint but sharp greenish scent which I'm not keen on.

Verdict: this was quite pretty for the first few minutes it was on-plum and white, nocturnal flowers-it was very nice but this stage didn't last. It went through some odd, banana-wine stages before fading and leaving a not-so-nice greenish scent on my skin. it had the potential to be lovely but my skin doesn't like it much. Up for swap.

Emoticon rating: :P

This scent embodies the feeling when you are cuddled up to your lover, gently stroking and teasing eachother, the slow building passion and desire. I really like this blend, it is sultry florals, yet without the heaviness that some of them bring. It is very pretty and warm.

In the bottle it smells really clean, but a little strong on the floral side. When I put it on it calmed down a bit and developed a slight spice of some kind. It reminded me a lot of the perfume Anais Anais. I'm very happy with this one and if you are a floral person you will love it too.

This was a lab frimp that I never would have chosen for myself. I didn't remember seeing a description on the site, but I was so eager to try all my shiny new oils that I decided not to wait and opened it. I was then knocked over the head by the man-eating flowers from hell! After physically assaulting me they gave me a massive migraine. :P

Unfortunately I couldn't even bear to try it on skin. I gave Suspiro to my mother and it smells absolutely beautiful on her. :D

In bottle: floral with a spicy edge. I really need to learn how to discern different floral notes, just describing it as "ooh, flowers, pretty!" isn't enough. It's not overpowering and doesn't have that dirt edge to it, so I like it so far.

Initial application: the spiciness quickly dies away and becomes just floral. Still pretty.

Drydown: the spiciness is still gone, the floral is still pretty. I wish there was something more specific I could say. It's not my favorite amongst the florals I've tried so far (I still like House of Night and Black Hellebore better), but it is very nice. It has the quality of a high-end perfume, sophisticated and unintrusive. On the downside, it's fading quickly and doesn't have a significant throw.

In the bottle: it smells weird. Flowery but I can't really identify any note.

On my skin: very floral. Nearly too floral. It's even a little headachish... the only thing I recognize is jasmine and God knows jasmine doesn't agree with me.

After a couple of hours: the headache's still there and it smells like soap... cheap soap even.

Verdict: not for me, the end.

While it was still wet my first impression was that this smelled somewhere between white and a light purpley scent. It gently switches between floral scents from an almost soapily sharp jasmine and ylang ylang at first to a mellower, sweeter blend of the jasmine and lilies after a while.

It's got a very sentimental feel to it. It really smells as wistful as I would have expected from the description. I don't love this scent for me, but it is everything it's advertised to be.

Definitely a white floral scent but surpringly the floral isn't overwhelming me! I agree with an earlier comment that this is a very wistful scent. Very pretty but not outstanding on me.

For the first few seconds, Suspiro smelled great, fruity like Budding Moon did on me. Then it all went wrong. Ylang ylang really doesn't like me, she came on strong, chokingly powdery. It hasn't worked in a few other blends I've tried either, but I wanted to give it one more try. The other notes were scared away, never to return. Now I know better and will not go near ylang ylang again. :P

Suspiro-

In Bottle: Floral and sweet.

Wet: Very brightly floral and perfume-y. Makes me suspect it'll be one of those hot ozone-y florals, but I'll see.

Dry: Oh, my skin is just sucking this one up. Very little of anything left and it's not been, what, fifteen minutes.

Overall: Unremarkable, a fast fader.

Oh, how lovely! The dominant note for me is jasmine, but it's more of a tea-like jasmine than a floral jasmine -- dryer, deeper, richer. Not quite as sharp. I can smell the ylang ylang, but it's so well-blended with the jasmine that I can't really tell them apart, and the plum is adding a crystalline sweetness that adds to the whole experience. Very nice! This might just be a big bottle for me.

Suspiro-

In Bottle: Prominent florals--I think that's the ylang-ylang, though I'm not sure.

Wet: Woo, hot ozone-y floral. I do think that's how I identify ylang-ylang. Sweet, though.

Dry: A pleasant floral--not too hot and ozone-y once the dry-down comes, but sweet and aggressive.

Overall: Nice, but not too interesting for me, being a floral.

This one reacted a lot like Twilight did on me. All the scents ran together, but not in a complimentary way. I'm sure it will make someone a lovely scent, that someone just isn't me.

SUSPIRO

In Bottle: Lily and jasmine

On Skin: Wow, a lot of the blends I’ve been reviewing have had jasmine in them. I don’t love or hate jasmine, but it is a note that generally seems to take over. In this scent it is quite heavy and gives a purple tone. The lilies are the second in command, they lend a more elegant tone. The orchid plays along with the other florals beautifully as does the ylang ylang… this scent is very white and purple in feel. The white plum is sweet but not overly fruity, this is still what I would call a floral blend but very delicate in nature… not overwhelming at all. A very feminine scent, very light and soft. It has a light to medium throw and a short wearlength.

This is a gorgeous, soft, slightly fruity white floral. The jasmine behaves itself nicely and allows the freshness of the lily of the valley to shine through. The plum gives just the barest hint of sweetness. Subtle and very pretty. :P

In the bottle - lily, lily and more lily

Wet on me - Predominantly lily softened by the orchid and a touch of plum

Dry on me - As it dries the sweet/tart berry of the plum becomes more defined, just touched by flurries of orchid

Overall - I liked this more than I thought I would, lilies, jasmine and ylang-ylang are all bad notes for me, but with the plum taking the spot light this was really pretty

This one was a frimp from the Lab. Wet this is lush gardenia, heavy and sweet. When first on it's gardenia and lily of the valley- fresh springtime flowers. After a couple of minutes soft jasmine develops and the musk comes out too. This is a very feminine and pretty white floral. It has a romantic feel to it. This is really pretty and I'll use up the imp for sure.

Suspiro is a pretty floral. Sweet and slightly fruity from the white plum, with lovely lily notes. It's a very white scent in my opinion, lovely and kind of breathy. When it's dry it seems to be mainly a lily scent, which is just fine for me because although I like lilies a lot I don't care for jasmine.

Anyone who likes lily scents should give this a try.

It starts out floral-fruity, quite nice.

Then the fruit takes over. Actually, the fruit stages a ferocious coup d'etat, overthrowing the pleasant lily and ylang-ylang and letting the plum rule over all as a tyrannical despot.

In short, I smell like a grape Sweet Tart. Not what I'm looking for, really.

SuspiroSS.jpg

Imp: White florals, but there's a hint of fruit underneath...just a hint, but it's there.

Wet: No fruit at all on me, it's all floral. I can pick out the Ylang-ylang, and I think the lily, but I don't know enough about the other floral notes to tell which is which. The whole is very nice, though... I like white florals because they're light and airy, at least on me.

Dry: Oh, this is really lovely. The lily has amped up a bit, and now there's a teeny little note of fruit peeking out, but it's just barely there. But that's ok, because this is all about the florals to me.

Verdict: This is one of the hidden gems of BPAL, and I'm thinking seriously of adding it to my "Want a Bottle" list.

Edited by stellans

This was a frimp from the Lab, and once again, not one I'd ever order for myself due to the lily and the ylang ylang. And sometimes jasmine can go wild on me, too. I approached this imp with trepidation, but remained determined to keep my mind open, because I think if I'm to find a floral I totally and completely love, it'll be made by the Lab, and it'll be something I'm totally not expecting.

Wet: well, hello Jasmine! There you are bossing your way to the fore, as you usually do! Are you going to let any of the other treats come out to play? No? Oh, maybe your friend lily. Is it Calla, or the Valley-girl? It seems they're both fighting for attention under the jasmine. Ylang ylang and plum are nowhere to be found. Let's wait out the drydown...

Enh. Right now I'm not really liking this. Too Grandma-smelling and obnoxious. I think this will likely end up in swaps.

ETA: a bit later, this isn't quite as obnoxious as it initially was, and is turning into something quite pretty. It's still not really me, but the plum is starting to come through now. I'll have to wait and see if more blossoms as it settles.

Edited by ariosa

I received this as a frimp from the Lab as I probably would never have ordered it on my own (I do admit I rarely choose scents based on notes alone; I go by "OOH I WANT TO BE THAT LITERARY/MYTHOLOGICAL CHARACTER"). Florals and I usually get along so I decided to give it a whirl.

In the imp: OMG. The flowers sort of overpower everything. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, ylang-ylang is actually rather acrid and sharp in large doses. The resultant scent from the imp is sharp and sort of reminds me of going to the floral shop by the cemetery to pick out a bouquet of flowers to lay on my grandfather's grave. Something about too many flowers is somehow funereal to me.

Wet: The florals mellow out a bit and the ylang-ylang isn't so sharp anymore. However there isn't much sweetness to this blend, which is why I prefer fruit-florals. A nice scent, but not "me."

Dry-down: All the notes have blended together nicely to so I can't pick out any single note above the other now. Nice, but I still can't get over how funereal this smells.

Not an oil I would wear, but it certainly has its uses! Last night I took a bath with a few drops of Suspiro in the water. Diffused in warm water it's just a very pleasant white floral. I was reading my Sailor Moon manga too. I felt so girly...

This was a Lab freebie. I would never have ordered this for myself -- the description is much too floral, and this proved also to be the case with the scent. While it's not overpowering or obnoxious, it's just too floral for my taste. It's a nice mix; I can't identify anything specific except maybe the jasmine. But I'm not a floral kind of gal, so this one's a swap.