Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

O

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

I just got my box full of imps (you are so generous Elizabeth!) I was so looking forward to getting them and the first one I tried was O. (I can totally relate to her! :P )

In the bottle: It smelled a bit tart...almost florally...was a bit worried

On: It's been about 20 minutes. It is mellowing into a warm decadent scent. I can smell mostly vanilla with a touch of honey. The amber is in the background making it not so innocent or foody. I'm loving this scent.

After a couple of hours: It mellowed into this combination. I couldn't pick out any one scent but it almost smelled musky...okay, maybe tmi, but you know that smell of sex, the next morning after a really good all-nighter? It is kind of like that with a sweet note to keep it from being too overpowering. I still love it, but it isn't a perfume I'll wear when I'm going to end up going to bed alone. Of course, this could have been a subliminal reaction because of the name ~grin~

ADDED Feb. 22:

Tried this for the second time today and I'm in love. This is my new stay at home and never get of bed scent. If I were a guy, I'd be all over me...lol...definitely on the list for a large bottle. I can't wait for the guy I'm seeing to smell me with it...lol...it might encourage him to take few days off work to come see me just a bit more often!

There is something about the way the honey and amber meld together that produces an almost musky scent...sighhh

Lisa in Austin

ADDED March 2:

I've nailed it down...this reminds me of the Kama Sutra honey powder...which I totally adore!

It has that sweet musky scent that just wraps around you. Innocence utterly defiled is a perfect description!

Lisa in Austin

Edited by Shollin

LOVE this scent. When you first open the bottle and sniff, there is a languid, strong scent of sweetest clover-blossom honey. On the skin, it is light and delicate, with the vanilla and amber adding a warmth to the honey that makes it like treacle-y syrup. It is a scent that could best be appreciated wrapped around somebody in bed, yes...

In the bottle: Vanilla, but much darker and drier. Almost innocent. Night-vanilla. Not so very sweet.

On: The same, but duskier. I almost want to say oatmeal cookie, without the oatmeal. It's a thick, slow scent. Viscous. It feels like it's got weight behind it, and if you get in its way, it'll ooze around you and carry you along.

Drying: Less sticky. More of the scent of a closed-up room where something secret has happened. The amber and honey seem to be keeping the vanilla from doing it's usual headache-sweet-scream thing on me.

Dry: The scent has settled down a little more. It's almost all amber now. Very dry scent. Almost alcoholic smelling.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Elizabeth has outdone herself.

I had been wanting to try O for the longest time and had been waiting for the right oppertunity to do so..which did not present itself until tonight. First off O lasts. It smells a lot like what a room smells like post-coitus which is both interesting and a bit odd. It's sensual and languid and a bit sweet as well...definitely a scent made for getting close to someone.

Just make sure you make your intentions KNOWN. I wore this tonight to have dinner with a "friend" and while he was totally into how I smelled and mentioned it...the timing was very off :P

Big bottle of this must be ordered

I have been blown away by BPAL...

THIS is the "skin" scent I have been searching for. Chai Girl was right on in saying, "...Innocence utterly defiled..." Sweet, slightly earthy, warm, a precisely perfect amount of intoxicatingly sensual fragrance.

First sniff: I’ve never read the Story, but O strikes me as being wistful almost to the point of sadness, and I can’t figure out why. The scent itself is very smooth and golden, and I suspect it’s the amber that restrains it from being too foody or too sweet.

Wearing: Very warm, quiet and gently smoky. After an hour or so it developed an odd overtone… almost a mustiness, which didn’t suit me at all (betting that's the amber again, I can't wear Aureus either). It was quite nice in the early stages.

I swapped for another imp of this scent after deciding I didn't give it a fair chance the first time:

Trying again: Goes on golden and glorious, definite honey. It’s quite a bit sweeter than I remember. Actually, the wet stage reminds me of Lush’s B Never honey shower gel. This stayed wonderful on me all night – I must have been having wonky chemistry when I tried it on before. Another scent to test my guy's reaction. :P

Testing my guy's reaction: Oh my. I'll leave it at that. :D Well, no, not quite. O is only the second scent he's ever requested I wear - the original Siren is still his first love, but he's very VERY fond of O.

Edited by Shollin

Oh O, O O O.....where have you been my entire life? This is so beautiful and soft and warm. I dont even know how to explain it, its like being wrapped in a warm blanket...Miss E you have outdone yourself this time. I am in heaven

on me, O smells like honey.......and nothing else.

the amber gives a colour, rather than a smell, making it a perfectly golden scent. i love it. it's comforting, sexy and unlike snake oil which screams for attention, O is understated in the sense that it doesn't travel away from my body, but stays very close to it. like a very thin, golden shroud.

the layering potential of this scent is high. i can totally see myself layering it with bitter scents to make them sweeter, thus more suited for my skin. it would make an excellent body lotion as well. it reminds me of the under-scent in lush's butterball bath bomb.

"O" my god.

When I first smelt this I thought it was Jezebel repackaged to be honest.

I take that initial thought back- "O" is a huskier sexier honey scent on me than Jezebel and outlasts it by a touch.

On the down side, I get strange looks from keep sniffing myself :D

This is definately a keeper :P

Initial Impression:

Oh. My. God. All 3 of my fave notes in one blend and it's so beautiful! I'm having to quell the urge to empty the vial onto my chest and rubbing it in. It's sweet, sexy and husky (yes husky, not musky). It's f**king hot!

After Wearing It:

First on, this scent was so warm it was almost sweaty. While the honey was definitely apparent, it was the amber that dominated the scent. Rich, heady, sweet, and slightly powdery, but so warm that it seems to imitate elevated body heat. Wonderful, but overwhelming. Something that'd bring you to cross your legs and blush on a subway train, even if you were the only one around.

Thankfully though, this mellowed out a bit after an hour or so. As much as I loved the initial fragrance, it was a bit too much to wear out and about (and I rarely feel that way about anything I like). The amber cooled down a bit, blending more evenly with the honey and further sweetened and smoothed over by just a touch of vanilla. The end result feels like warmed velvet, and is very sexy but not as ravaged as the initial effect. Feels like a very nice buzz/afterglow.

Final Thoughts:

This is a must for honey lovers like me. It's not a straight honey note, but it's a real treat all the same. I will definitely be getting more of this.

I bought a 5ml of this, unsniffed, because I love all three of those notes seperately - and together, they're incredible! Warm, rich, sexy...I shouldn't have worn this to work when my boyfriend is not here to calm me down!

This is such a gorgeous scent! Definately very honey, and very amber on me i was so happy when i put this on!!! I got a few compliments from a few rambunctious college guys today :P (giggle) nothing makes a girl better when someone tells them how yummy you smell (omg thnx Elizabeth your really helping the self-esteem here!!!) ... Unfortunately my chemistry sometimes doesnt like vanillas :D and turned a lil bit sour on me after a few hours, i thought i was gonna have to part with this one until later on in the day it morphed again back to the warm honey/amber... think i will keep it for now hehe... i so love the mix of honey/amber very sunny... a nice warm spring/summer scent when i think of it, very sexual with a slight slap of innocence... O lasts very long... it changes but is still going very strong on me after an 8 hour day...

O I love this.

O has the perfect je ne sais quoi that I've been searching for as a signature scent. It doesn't smell like perfume. It smells like ... maybe the scent left by the footsteps of Aphrodite Pandemos, goddess of physical attraction, famous for her power to make gods fall in love with mortals. I second Oceandessa in that this would be great as a base scent, for layering. I can imagine just the merest whisper of a flower on the wind over this - honeysuckle, jasmine, rose, maybe, just for an occasional change, but I can imagine wearing this for years without wanting anything different.

The honey hits first, but I also get a top note that reminds me of Burt's Bees Apricot Baby oil. It's sweet, but I can't imagine it giving anyone a headache. I can inhale it deep into my lungs and it enhances my feeling of well being and even gives a nice taste in my mouth.

FWIW, I get a picture of a beautiful woman with especially beautiful legs, sheer black stockings and heels, long-ish dark hair, sitting on a bar stool with her legs crossed and maybe one shoe dangling, having a quietly flirtatious conversation while sizing up an admirer/potential lover. So far, he's lookin' good, too. :P Or Kathleen Turner in Body Heat. Or a cat with fur like mink that wants to be petted, and keeps rubbing itself up against you, purring. This purrrrs.

This is Secret Weapon perfume, the kind you put in your hair along the nape of your neck, and a little in your cleavage, and maybe you speak a little more softly so people have to lean in close to hear you, and you watch their pupils dilate when they breathe you in. You might get a horrible case of amnesia when other women ask you what you're wearing (Hm! I can't remember what the name of this is!) - this one you only share with your very best girlfriend. If she's married and lives in another state.

Update: I got the 10 ml bottle and I will be ordering another one soon, just to make sure I always have it. It's too incredibly good. Curiosity propels me to keep testing imps, but I have found my holy grail in O, and I've been looking ALL MY LIFE! Amazing. :D

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

First Impression: O-mazing. This is warm and delish.

Second Impression: The balance of the scents in this one is quite perfect. They all harmonize with each other, none of them taking the lead or fading into the background.

Final Analysis: Another gorgeous, sexy creation. This smelled lovely on me. It's warm, sexy and sweet, but not foody.

Edited by andrabell

Wow, No kidding this is beautiful, the smell of skin, edible but not in a cannabalistic way. Very sexy, watch out for this one! Very pleasing to my nose. I love it !! I got a sample in a swap and I am so glad I bought a bigger bottle, I could see myself wearing this every day.

When I first read the description of this... honey, amber, and vanilla, probably my three favorite scents right now... I ordered a 5 ml without even trying an Imp's Ear because I knew I'd love it.

What I didn't know is how MUCH I'd love it.

This is mysterious sexuality. This is garter belts and finally sleeping with somebody you've wanted for a long time. This is absolute temptation.

When I first applied it, the amber was the most prevalent note on me... after about two hours now, it's... mellowed is definitely not the right word... it's SMOOTHED out to an absolutely decadent luscious honey/amber richness. The honey and vanilla give it a touch of deceptive sweetness, but this is rich, rich, rich, not sweet. This is a secret affair, this is the smell of being ravaged in all the right ways.

H~O~ly shit.

This is s~O~ great.

I love it s~O~ much.

Wet, it smells like honey and clover and toasted pecans and something running underneath it all with a rough texture and on top of it all is a tiny, slight fruity note. As it dries the honey-pecan aspect screams out of me and the fruit goes away, and the rough texture smooths out to a totally soft, sweet amazingness. A few hours later I have a non-foody honey, trace of vanilla, and I guess it must be the amber that holds it all down to earth to make it like a darkish, mellow honey that's been sitting in a wooden jar for a long time. Amber makes a kind of sweet, spicy, baby powder smell on me, which I usually don't care for, but in this it blends with the honey and vanilla to make it mesh with me instead of clash with me.

I feel very glamourous and beautiful and outgoing in this, even when I'm dressed casually. This is unusual for me, since I'm normally somewhat reserved. But I was Chatty McTalkypants to fullon strangers when I was wearing this, and feeling like I was glowing and golden all the while.

I have to revamp my top 3 (again). This is one of them. Maybe #1.

I have to add some further remarks about this one -

The first time I wore it (when I wrote this review), I was feeling somewhat celibate and businesslike. However, I do want to add (warning! TMI heading your way!): this perfectly captures the scent of bodily fluids (female, not male), with a sweet topnote and in a beautiful, wonderful way. This reacts to my hormones, too. For some reason it smells like a peanut butter and honey sandwich at certain times of month - not really what I want to smell like. But the rest of the month it's amazing and great.

PS - when I said above that I didn't like amber, I wasn't experienced enough with it to know what I was talking about. I love amber and it works wonders with me.

Edited by ladylatemar

ladylatemar, that is wonderful that O has such a wildly confident effect on you. I love it too, but it makes me totally self-conscious. Probably because I think it smells way too sexed-up on me to be sitting around with my friends. It smells kind of like fresh, happy, sex and when I wear it I'm distracted with myself. :P I mean, it's very real but not gross at all.

I think this is a good couple-type scent rather than a seductress scent as it applies to my chemistry.

This is warm honey being dripped on a naked body by someone you love or at least lust after. It reminds me of that scene in 9 and 1/2 weeks where that guy blindfolds Kim Basinger's character and feeds her food and drips honey on her mouth and tongue. Its sexy, its intimate. Can you tell that I like it?

This smells of amber touched with vanilla in the vial, and that's how it smells on--no honey, disappointingly. It's very smooth, primarily amber, but with the vanilla I smell in Snake Oil--not true vanilla on me, but smoother. But not even the slightest whiff of honey, the reason I had wanted to try it in the first place. It stays very close to my skin, but lingers for several hours, even on my wrist, where fragrances are always somehow rubbed off. It does smell something like a room post-coitus--the underlying sweetness with a sharper note stabbing out every once in a while. While I don't mind amber as a base for other notes to play off of, this is primarily amber, so I don't think it's my thing. I am currently at the tail end of my special time of month, so I will try it again in a few days to see if matters improve.

I received this as an "extra" with my imp's ears. I'm really glad that Beth sent it since it was honestly something that I never would've ordered on my own. It's quite delicious! I've had it on now for about six hours and it's dried to a mellow vanilla on me with a bit of a musk-like overtone. The honey is in the background. It is definitely a stronger scent than I'm used to but it's wonderful!

ETA: I wore this again over the weekend. When I initially put it on and my husband nuzzled my neck, he said, "Mmmm. Baby powder." When it, again, dried to a more vanilla on me, he really liked that one! This is one I'd definitely consider getting in a 5ml bottle.

Edited by Dispatcherbert

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, sexy, gorgeous gorgeous. This scent is PURE SEX on its own or layered with virtually any floral or fruity fragrance -- it's just an undertone of pure sex. I almost expect the oil itself to be sticky like honey, it has a sticky smell -- someone else was right, it's almost the exact smell of sweaty sticky bodies entwined after the sweetest sex imaginable. It smells like I WISH my skin smelled. It is a non-foody, musky honey that is just, just... SEX. I would not let little girls wear this or they might get ideas. This makes me want to be bad, bad, bad. I can freshen it up by layering it with apricot single note, Carnal, honeysuckle perfume, and I can't wait to layer it with a pear single note. On its own it is less fresh, more warm and sultry. It has great staying power, and I MUST have a huge-ass bottle of this because I will never stop wanting to dump tons on me. :P

edited after wearing it a couple of times to add: the _only_ drawback I find with this scent is that it is not nearly as strong on me as many of the others, it really kind of just blends in to the smell of my skin. And as a result, for some reason the particular very subtle notes in it are making the baby powder scent of my deoderant, which most perfumes totally cover up, super, super-noticeable on me. I think it's cause O is slightly sweet and powdery itself -- I have NEVER smelled my deoderant on me this strongly before, even without wearing any scent at all. Instead of covering it up, it really brings it out, unfortunately. I think maybe O needs just a touch of something with it to make it a bit stronger or sweeter, maybe a dab of vanilla single note, or a fruity or floral single note, or just a smear of Lush's Soft Coeur on my wrists or some MMU vanilla lotion on my hands, just so I won't smell my deoderant so much!

Edited by Ms. MSGirl

Last night when I recieved my imp ears, the first things I noticed were O and Old Morrocco sitting on top of the pile. I was puzzled and delighted, because they were not part of my order, but I'd been wanting to try Old Morrocco anyhow. O, sadly, fell to the bottom of the pile for the next 20 minutes while I squealed about all of the wonderful scents and how sweet it was that Beth had included extras. But then, my boyfriend found it.

O

When he opened it up and passed it under my nose, I immediately perked. "Amber! And...musk? Oh, that's nice. Smells more like a male scent. Which one is that?"

"Says 'O.'"

"Huh...I don't remember which one that is..."

Since I couldn't place the name right away, I told him to give it a try (he'd just finished having an allergic reaction to Mad Hatter, and we'd been hoping to find something alluring for him to wear around me). After giving it a brief sniff and mentioning that that was definitely one of the nicer scents, I got distracted with other shiny, pretty imp ears.

When It Dried

A few minutes later, he passed his upper arm under my nose, and I suddenly couldn't remember which scent I was currently inspecting.

"That's yummy. That's sexy. Oooo....bring that arm back here....I need to smell it some more."

The next hour, I spent smelling imp ears and playing cards, every few seconds pausing to sniff at his arm. And when we were trying to go to bed....well, sleeping was definitely not the first thing that got done.

I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised that it was under the "Love Potion" sections when I was trying to find it today. But sure enough, there it was, and finally I was able to place those other scents. The honey is definitely the strongest of the two, and the vanilla is almost not there. But the hint of them really goes a long way.

When I first read the description of O, back when I was ordering, I never would have gotten it -- it just looked too sweet. But really, what it is is pure hormones in a bottle. My boyfriend, who wasn't even the one shopping for scents, is determined to get more, and I don't see any reason to stop him.

Today:

"O" -

In the bottle - kind of a fruity musk.

On me - went on very vague and never punched up. It was a lot lighter than I expected. It's still on me though, hasn't faded. I don't know what to make of O. Well..it smells like...er...welll...yah. Orgasmic? Not in that oh my god this smells sooooo good sorta way. More like it, in its current mild state, is reminding me very much of a post-sex sorta smell. Lightly musky with an undertone of something fruity that my nose is not identifying.

In a good way. I cannot possibly imagine wearing this on a regular basis. Its a cuddle, kissing, canoodling sorta scent that I think I'll keep stocked in Imp Sample form but otherwise meh. I like it, don't get me wrong. I just now have a serious desire to find my boyfriend. Now. Thankyouverymuch.

Edit:

The more I try this one (I kept the imp) The more I love it. It lasted longer on later applications and mellows into this lovely, musky chocolatey scent that is very much dark spanish chocolate smell mixed with that smokey after glow of sex. I love it. I cannot stop smelling my wrists when I wear this, but I have to be careful WHEN I wear this as it eventually drives me nuts! As my beloved currently lives 1200 miles away, insanity is not always a good thing.

Edited by Northernminx

Oh my God! I adore this perfume. It’s all honey and amber, and is really lovely and sweet. I’m literally sitting here salivating over how good I smell ( :P ). I don’t really know how this compares to the “smell of sex”, but it makes me feel as sexy as all get out. Maybe not the best choice when I have to go back to my high school and visit one of my old English teachers I am definitely getting a big bottle of this in my next order!