Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

An Introduction to Illustrious Kabuki Actors

I was too curious about fig froth to pass this up, and it didnt disappoint. Fig froth is the fruity star! The other notes wrap it in a sweet, mellow blanket. The fig is very fresh as opposed to dried, and the other notes stop it from being "juicy". 

it's the And Though They Are With You GOAT sandalwood or something very like it going on smoothly and instantly blending with the vanilla bean and buttercream! MMMM, round and sweet and the ooo... so the fig froth! and the sandalwood! This is a sassy combo! The fig rides right in, HELLO, and it's a perfect choice with the sandalwood lending it that firm bottom note (heh 'firm bottom') if you like And Though They Are With You but would like its jazzy, richer, slightly flamboyant bro... Verdict: absolute keep this ROCKS. 

Foodie sandalwood. The soft, warm sandalwood is front and center here. I don't get the other individual notes so much as fig cream. It's not quite that baked goods scent, but still foodie, made warm and comforting by the sandalwood. Overall, a slightly understated warm, fuzzy foodie scent.

The fig here is like a shdaow or an afterthought. The sandalwood and buttercream took the center stage on my skin. The overall drydown is a faint fig, pastel-like, and creamy sandalwood.

Juicy ripe fig! Its fruity sweetness is accented by the vanilla and buttercream notes. Good throw, powerful. I’m not really noticing the sandalwood. This is totally fruity and foodie on me. It’s a really beautiful fig perfume whether you love fig or, like me, you never really thought about how gorgeous fig can smell!

I love the creamy fig of Atsui-Mono and I thought this would be in the same zone. This is more gourmand, a bit sweeter but definitely in the same family. The fig is a bit fruitier and the buttercream lends a playful sweetness. The sandalwood comes in more as it dries down, keeping it from going full-on gourmand. Gorgeous! 

Whoa!! This is REALLY strong and almost sickeningly sweet from the bottle. Not bad at all  there's some interesting and pretty notes in there, but enough to be hestitant to put it on. However, that screaming aspect of it directly morphs on my skin to something more soft, velvety. 

Then at this point i am able to pick out the notes listed. I am getting the same chalky buttercream as in clown footstool, but there's something here that keeps it from going too dry.

The fig here is not as purple as other figgy 'fumes i've tried before, this is almost peachy and more squishy - but the overall sense of this is more fuzzy than wet. This sandalwood is just delicious, and plays off SO well of that froth and cream. 

I don't know if it's quite for me, but this is very different, and very beautiful!!

I'm strangely getting cherry here, it must be the way everything's blending together in a tart, mouthwatering pink way. It's super yummy, creamy and dries down to a sweetened wood scent. I love this one! it's the winner from the shungas this year on my skin to nose. 

Edited by Jenjin

This one was far too sweet for me to wear when I got it last year, so I bundled it up and put it in the closet.

After aging for about a year, it's still syrupy sweet when it's wet, but I can smell more of the components after the drydown. It's very much a sandalwood buttercream on me, with a splash of fig. I've been wearing it for the last 8 hours and it's still going strong. I am glad that I held onto it but I am going to have to make a note to myself not to slather. I am really curious to see where it's at next year -- ideally, it'd tone down just a notch or two. I might just amp sweet notes.