Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bobbing for Ball Gags

There is a lot more than a bite of apple here. Wet, I get a bushel of fresh apples, all picked from the vine. The lab's black leather note comes out more and more as the perfume dries. It's slightly smoky, complex and dark. Definitely a nice grounding note for the bright and sweet apple. I don't get a lot of honeyed amber, but maybe that will become more prominent with aging.

Before I smelled this, I was a little afraid this would end up being a barbecue kinda smell, but it doesn't go that way at all on me. I think it captures the apple ball gag image well. Glad I picked this one up, it's going to be a fun fall perfume.

First, this perfume name was my favorite.

For the rest: Throughout its wet phase and well into dry, Ball Gags is a bushel of sweet apples further sweetened with honey. These aren't necessarily Honeycrisp, but with the addition of honey, they're in the neighborhood. The effect is essentially very sweet, almost syrupy apples.

The black leather takes its time to appear --- at first, I thought I might be smelling black amber -- and even after a long time, remains subdued on me. On my skin, this plays out as much bobbing, few ball gags. 🙂

I had to get this one based on the description.  In the bottle:  LOTS of apples with a bit of honey and an undertone of leather.  On, wet:  Apples.  Lots and lots of apples, with a thin layer of amber and honey floating on top.  Drydown:  The leather FINALLY shows up, but it's a very light, dry black leather and not my favorite pervy new black leather jacket leather, and of course, it's also blended with....apples.  This starts out a very "wet juicy" scent but dries down to a powdery veil on the skin.  May need to layer this one with BRD or similar.

I really wanted this for the name, and was so happy to see the scent description is right in my wheelhouse too! Like others have found, this is definitely an apple-first scent. Sweet apples. I don't know that I get "honeyed amber" specifically, but I guess that would be contributing to the sweetness. I really do have to hunt for the leather, and it kind of wafts in and out, but like a lot of BPALs with leather (BRD for example), I suspect that will come forward more with age. Really glad I got this!

This is interesting.  When I first got this, it was all apple in the bottle.  After sitting for a couple weeks, I swear I get a lot of water as the top note.  Not an aquatic scent, but good clean spring water in the bottle, and as soon as it hit my skin.  Within a few minutes of application that is gone, and it’s pretty evenly split between a sweet crisp apple, and black leather.  This might be a lot better than I was expecting!  30 minutes in - I smell like a sexy apple.  I’m not picking up any specific amber or honey, but there’s a richness to it in the background I think is coming directly from that honeyed amber note, with the leather and apple in the foreground.  Who knew apples could be sexy?  This started with a heavy, strong throw, but a few hours in, it’s gotten a lot lighter.  The scent is fantastic though.

Tart, juicy apple sweetened with a small drizzle of realistic, freshly squeezed from a plastic bottle type of honey.  I actually don't smell any of the leather.  The Bobbing scents this year tended to be way too apple-y for my tastes, even Bobbing for Blood Kisses (which I full bottled because I love Blood Kiss so much) didn't have much more going on other than the apple.

Edited by Little Bird

Leather, leather, and a touch of honey. Did I mention leather? This was like a Leather SN. Medium throw and wear length. 

This was mostly about the black leather on me, accompanied by a dry apple. I didn't get much honey or amber on my skin, but that's probably due to the prominence of the leather.

While this was fun to get to try, I think it would have had to contain a different leather note in order for me to love it.