Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Butternut Squash, Patchouli, and Green Fig

This is a super spicy unlisted green cardamom, green fig, and a fairly light patchouli. I was hoping for something closer to Tweedledum, and in it's washed off state it's remarkably similar. But the spice bomb green cardamom turns into isn't for me- I really wish it had been listed, rather than the non-existent butternut squash note. Off to the settling box, to see if it can find some chill as some of my cinnamon bomb blends have.

If you like and/or don't amp green cardamom though, and are a fan of the fig + patchouli combo, I'm sure you'd love this.

Not sure quite how to describe this one...maybe "Festive Gourd Lite" for people who don't like the clove in Pumpkin Spice Whatever?  In the bottle:  Something sharp and green, and a blast of LOTS of cinnamon.  As in Olde Timey Candle Shoppe Cinnamon.  On, wet:  The fig note starts to open up, and the whole thing reminds me of some Very Expensive Hand Soap, Hand Cream, and Dish Detergent scent that someone got me from Williams-Sonoma a zillion years ago...think spicy fig.  Drydown....Will Patchouli please come to the courtesy phone in the lobby or find a Scent Lobby Employee because you're not in the system.  Not getting ANY patch on either drydown or all day outside wear.  Ditto for any butternut squash, although as noted I am getting an overall sorta PS vibe on this, but nothing Festive Gourdy really standing out.  I can sort of see the green cardamom thing, but I'm not getting a lot of it. Overall, this is a very almost mainstream "holiday spice" thing on me, minus the clove blast.  OTOH if you amp cinnamon you may want to shy away from this one.  May re-try after giving it a little nap in the crates.  EDIT -- a DAY later, I wake up and finally smell the patchouli.  The cinnamon blast has calmed down a lot and it's more of a fig and very light patch blend.

Edited by Threemoons

definitely a sweet and spicy cardamom note hiding in here, which comes on strongish initially.  it reminds me of the sugared cardamom from wild nights, wild nights!  there's just a drop of patchouli, enough for a good grounded base.  butternut squash, where are you?  if i squint, there's maybe something a little pumpkin-lite to it.  a bit of a creamy vegetal something-or-other that i can tease out because i know it's there. 

as it wears, the patchouli peeps out just a bit more.  the spice backs off, and a little of that chewy fig sweetness develops. 

i'm enjoying this as a weenie teaser trailer, it's SO autumny. ultimately i don't know if i'd reach for it much as a perfume, but i bet it'd make a killer atmo. 

There is something nose tickling happening here, and it was much more pronounced when I first received it, but I've been resting and rolling this lil pupper because I believe in her. Is it possible the rooty tooty patchouli had a tiff with the impertinent twiggy green fig, and squash is staying out of the drama? Or is our butternut heroine a prepared squash? It does seem like there's a touch of spice along the lines of cardamom here, but I wonder if it's not actually a bit of bitter green fig leaf. 

Edited by LavenderCoffee

This smells like the cinnamon broom from Trader Joe's I have in my car. It's got that sweet earthy smell that twigs have with a dominant but mellow spice. This smells like autumn to me. 

This patchouli is IN YOUR FACE as soon as I open the decant. Just the way I like it! The green unripeness of the fig is also present. If there’s butternut, it’s heavily cinnamon-and-cardamom-spiced. Not plain raw gourd, but a more “pumpkin spice squash” if you will. The cinnamon blast is really on par with the patchouli. They are fighting for dominance, man. With the “green growing thing” of the fig just shyly popping up from time to time. I wouldn’t wear something regularly with this much cinnamon so off to swaps.