Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Why and What Art Thou Dreaming Here

Thorny blackberry, blackened lavender, datura, and bulbous magnolia blossoms.

On initial application I get sweet, syrupy blackberry with a hint of the blackened lavender. After a couple of minutes I can smell the Magnolia and Datura. They make a smooth and creamy addition too the blackberry. 

On me, the blackberry is the dominant note and the florals are more in the background. I can still smell the floral notes but I do get more blackberry and on me this is more of a sweet, fruity scent with soft floral notes. The lavender isn't taking over or being high pitched here. 

I'm a big fan of the magnolia and Datura notes and here they are so pretty but they are definitely more subtle and soft and they mix really beautifully with the blackberry. 

This is a very pretty scent, I've been wearing it quite alot. I only wish that the magnolia and datura showed up more on my skin.

This is what I wanted Blackberry Moon to be! ♥️ 

Sniffing from the decant, I was worried about the lavender: At that stage it is ALL herbal lavender, and very overwhelming. But when the oil hits my skin, the lavender is suddenly gone and I get ripe juicy blackberry. Truly, it’s almost like a single note on me. And it lasts forever. Not what I was expecting (because I do love magnolia and wish I got more of that), but I love this blackberry so much I won’t complain.

oooooo okay i really like this one! in the decant this smelled really sweet like candy, along with the herbal lavender. 

i really don’t smell anything other than the lavender and blackberry on me, and the blackberry is stronger than the lavender. 

At first, I get blackberry and lavender, but the lavender quickly gives way to a sweet floral note (I am thinking the magnolia?). I'm not that familiar with datura, though, so it could be that, too. This ends up being mostly blackberry on me, and it is somewhat candy-like, but I like this more than this year's Blackberry Moon. The floral notes take a back seat to the blackberry by the end of the day.

I like this enough to keep the decant, but I don't think I need more of this. I was really hoping for more lavender from this one.

At first the blackberry is very juicy and sweet, almost syrupy. As it sits on my skin it gets lower, more rumbly. The lavender is sort of a haze over the top. The magnolia and datura are difficult to pick out for me, but I think are definitely adding to the vibe. Lightly sweet, but dark and sort of wispy. Like a strange dream fading. 

Whew, I love this. Echoing Leopard403, I think I wanted Blackberry Moon to skew a bit more in this direction, and by comparison that one is fresh and wild, like a blackberry shrub in the forest.

However, if Snow White's evil queen had offered her a blackberry instead of an apple, I think this would be it: gorgeous, ripe, and enticing, but as poisonous as the day is long. Plus the Snow White story fits because of the presence of the lavender, which makes the blend perfectly soporific as it dries.

Ooooh, a delicious earthy blackberry. Maybe laying in a bit of dirt on a dreary day under leafy bushes. That's what i'm getting. That, though I can admit those magnolia blossoms are a little more present than what my envisionment may divolge… But still a well-blended perfume. SO PRETTY!!

Without reading the notes, I would have guessed this was blueberry rather than blackberry. I'm not finding much in the way of earthiness just sweet berries after the fresh opening of citrusy lavender notes. No noticeable florals for me. It is very pretty!