Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Hazelnut, Red Amber, and Toasted Sandalwood

I tested this straight out of the mailbox, so I might have to update this review later. I think it's everything I was hoping for. I adore the interplay between the nuttiness of the hazelnut and the crackling, warm sandalwood. It gives the impression of rich, caramelized roasted nuts. The red amber seems to be more of a supporting player, adding sweetness to the blend.

I really like gourmand perfumes that have a non-gourmand twist and I think this falls into that category. It's very rich and yummy, but the sandalwood keeps it from being too overindulgent. It's less sweet than The Empress and Their Heckhound, but they are very similar. If you want a perfume that's more focused on the hazelnut and sandalwood, it's probably still worth a bottle.

Not sure if it's just one of the notes or the combination of them, but my skin chemistry seems to be adding a dirt note. I think that has happened previously with certain sandalwoods. It's a warm, lovely blend, but I will have to locket it if I want to wear it.

This is very nutty in the bottle and wet, with a slight burnt note. Dries down to a sweet balance of all three, really beautiful.

buttery round hazelnut and a dry warm sandalwood, with amber singing in the chorus but not popping out recognizably for me. as it settles is, everything just meshes nicely into a rich, warm, sweet, autumnal-feeling blend.  there's something resin-spicy happening down in the depths that i can't pinpoint.  it's very cozy, and i've been favoring it for evenings curled into the couch binging netflix.  a bottle may just low-key sneak into my next order. 

The label on the bottle reads Amber, not Red Amber.

This is a toasted nutty blend, warm and comforting. Would fit very well in the seasonal Halloween collection. The toasted element is so soothing and enveloping.

I love all of these notes, and the combination does not disappoint.  Toasty, nutty, warm and glowy, this is perfect for late summer/early autumn.  Very satisfying, and the throw and wear length are good on me. 

I'm also getting a dirt note! But I don't hate it. It somehow reminds me of childhood. A vague feeling of having played in the dirt and getting back to the classroom in autumn, waaayyy back in the first years primary school. I vaguely remember they used to decorate the room with old leaves, hazelnuts and chestnuts, so maybe it has something to do with that. It's got this lovely, warm, red feel which may be the thing that ties together this nostalgia-feeling this gives me. 

Super autumny, strong throw, super cozy!