Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Penis Penetrating a Vagina in a Pickle Barrel

Lemon peel, lemon leaf, white musk, white tea, cardamom, petitgrain, star anise, and raw ginger. 

In the bottle this smells like what I can only describe as "Easter basket". Like, jellybeans and easter grass. There's a sort of sweet citrusy note that I can't pin down as anything specific, over a sort of generalized spice smell. Maybe a little bit of tea? I am not great at picking out tea on its own.

Wet on, sharp sweetness turns into LEMON. Very loud lemon. Much brighter than Lemon Scented Sticky Bat (though that may just be because my bottle is so old--it might have been brighter fresh). It passes through a very clean lemon soap thing (so many scents turn to soap on me lately that I really should have expected this). Right before it's fully dry I got a burst of ginger that didn't stay nearly long enough. 

Once dry it's still brightly lemony, but with a warm spiciness underneath that's quite nice. A little of this goes a very long way--I kind of hope it mellows a bit as it ages, since I'd love more tea and spice out of this. Overall I like it! I'm trying to expand my summery scent collection, and I think this will work nicely. 

ETA: I've had a chance to do a longer test now, and I just wanted to note that this vanishes really fast--two hours in I could smell basically nothing. Even in my hair it fades very quickly. 

Edited by LdyKnight
additional information

Over the past few seasons, I have become all about the Lab's citrus variations, and I love all of the lemon permutations especially, so getting this blind was a no-brainer.  In the bottle:  A mini-mosaic of All Things Lemon - sharp lemon zest, lemon leaf, lemon juice, and sweet lemon drop candy.  On, wet:  The sharpest edges of the lemon notes smooth down a bit once on the skin, and some of the other notes start to peek out, especially the white tea note which is tinged with a bit of the fresh ginger note.  It takes a while to dry down and develop, but when it does, a delicate veil of sheer white musk settles on top of everything else and holds it all into place very nicely.  Getting a tiny hit of spice in the background also, like the bass note of a distant radio playing a few blocks down -- it's there but part of the overall blend.  Super duper nice.  No regrets over spending a moronic amount of money on Shungas this year; they are always so complex and well-thought out!

I am so glad this doesn’t smell like pickles 😆.  It’s all about the lemon, and other things, but I can’t distinguish what, it is so well blended.  I love citrus blends, and this one smells like a high end spa.💕💕

Wet: Lemon and white tea. It's bright and crisp, but there's a bit of depth adding some warmth and sweetness too.

Drydown: I'm picturing a yellow-white flower unraveling one petal at a time, revealing more as each petal drops. Lemony with an almost funky white musk, over earthy golden herbs. It smells like sunshine-infused dirt.

Dry: It dries into a warm, grounded, lemony-herbal tea musk. Soft and lovely.

7.5 out of 10 bones

This is very short lived on my skin. It's a blast of everything lemon in a refreshing way. The opening reminds me a lot of Kumiho. If you have Kumiho, you won't need this blend.

Crisp lemon and a fiery ginger on application. As it dries it softens to a soft lemony herbal tea. I can't really pick out the spices (except for a more subdued ginger) specifically.