Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Strawberries, Red Musk, and May Rose

I am in love with this. At first it is very much WHOA STRAWBERRIES, not in a candy way but like warm, fresh berries from the field. I get a hint of floral and green, I think? Which in my mind comes from strawberry vine and bloom but in reality could be the rose. Usually I amp rose (and I love it) but this does NOT smell like “a rose blend” to me at all. And of course there in the back is that awesome red musk. I’ve just recently discovered how much I love it, and in this ménage I can say with confidence it is the same type of red musk as in Eldritch Dark. While this does not smell “like” ED (sorry to break hearts) they are clearly kissing cousins with similar components, almost like the Lab took the “red” elements out of ED and put them here. Glad I blind-bottles this one. ♥️

This is all candy-sweet strawberries on me. The red musk is present but stays in a support role, giving a syrupy depth to the strawberries.  I don't get much rose until the dry down, when I start to get just a hint of floral.  This smells very sweet and very red. Oddly, the oil has an olive color to it.  

Strawberry scents aren't really my thing, but this does seem to be a nice one.  It threatened to go a bit plasticy at first, but now it's behaving itself and has settled into a "smooshy-strawberries-at-the-bottom-of-my-fruit-slushie-cup" sort of strawberry, versus a candy or fresh strawberry. 🍓

This is a candy-sweet strawberry red musk blend with a hint of dewy rose. Kind of like a sugared strawberry incense next to some rose petals. Very pretty!

Not a heavenly match for me, this one.

This unusually dark, olive-ish oil opens on me with plasticky strawberries and the type of red musk that tends to shortly disagree with my skin... turning to spicy body odor. There is the flower, here, too... though I find it hard to separate from the rest. The rest is bombastic.

Musky floral fruit. 

Whew I love this blend, it's so joyful. Much more strawberry than the 2020 Dried Strawberries, Red Musk, and Bourbon Vanilla ménage, imo, and more like what I expected that one to smell like. This one lasts and lasts for me, where the other disappears. 

This is the scent that broke my "no more backup bottles" rule. Because this is my favorite strawberry scent ever.

The strawberry is fresh, ripe, but like a real strawberry, more like the platonic idea of the perfect strawberry. The rose is a background note, mixing with the red musk to create a jammy-ness to the entire scent. It's so BEAUTIFUL. It lasts forever, too. Definitely worth having two bottles, it's the perfect pick-me-up scent.

Lighter than I expected. The red musk is the prominent note, but it’s not as bold as it usually is on my skin.  It plays well with the strawberry which is still ripening on the vine, a little green. And I’m not finding the rose at all. Anyway, if you want a berry blend that’s more “ladies perfume” than fruity/foodie novelty, try this out!