Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Lavender & Lichen

A lovely herbal lavender mingles with lichen, which adds a dry, greenish woodsiness and even seems to amp the herbal tones of the whole. 

Lavender is certainly the queen here, with lichen her supporting retinue. This court, though, lives not in the halls of civilization, but in the gentle, mossy wooded spaces, attended by the fey of wild herbs and wildflowers.

This is more lichen than lavender on me, and very herbal/green. The lichen is like if you mixed some moss with one of the Lab's leaf accords. It doesn't smell like dried dead leaves, but maybe a freshly fallen one that hasn't dried yet, mixed with moss. And maybe a bit of oak bark. So it's mossy and cologne-y and sharp. I may be getting more of the lichen because I tend to amp moss and don't have a good track record with the Lab's leaf notes (no bell peppers here, at least). And it has a ton of throw.

I'm glad I did not blind bottle this one, as the lichen is too much for me. Even though I didn't upgrade White Oakmoss and Lavender, that one was more up my alley.

This is mostly lavender on me, and it is a more herbal lavender. The lichen note is also very much like a leaf accord combined with moss notes to me. It's fresh and green, a bit soft and spongy. Moss is usually way too sharp for me, but I don't mind that as much when it's blended with lavender.

This would be an excellent camping perfume. I like it but I'm not sure I want to commit to a bottle just yet.

This starts off a balance of herbaceous lavender and green notes. As it dries down, the lichen note amps up and becomes dominant -- it's clean, fresh, green, and kind of soapy in combination with the lavender, but not in an unpleasant way.

A really airy, herbal lavender with what comes off to me as a rainy, green almost petrichor note. Mossy and fresh and the lavender compliments it beautifully. 

This is reminding me strongly of my grandma's bathroom when I was little.  Creamy, cool, powdery, lavender soap.  Clean and crisp and lightly sweet.  The lichen has the sour tones of Spanish moss, but it's also dry and perfumey like an older perfume with a good dose of oakmoss.  Very comforting to me because it smells like my grandma ❤️