Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I love it. Reminds me of the fuzzy pink flowers growing on trees where I lived as a kid. Smells the same too. Sweet, floral, & simple. It smells like I imagined. Honey bells smelling like a toned down honeysuckle, while the osmanthus has a fuzzy pink warm but sweet play going on. I had to look up what these flowers look like, & I was wrong. I pictured pink puffballs for osmanthus, but no it's clusters of white flowers. Honey bells look like cigars.

Edited by Rane.

I am loving these Louisiana Duets. This one is a very real, natural honeysuckle smell. Like sticking your nose into flowers on the vine. Light, sweet, and fresh. Really beautiful. Another one I am loving for late summer bedtime with the windows open wide, like honeysuckle wafting in the breeze. Lovely. 

This is such a soft, delicate floral, floating and gentle. An ethereal beauty. There's a really nostalgic quality to it for me; I didn't grow up in the south, but it reminds me of being outside in the summer as a child and enjoying the scent of flowers and trees on a cooling breeze.

Sweet soft white floral. Medium throw and wear length. I always amp up osmanthus, and its always a white floral smell on me. Great throw, medium wear length.

It smells the way honeysuckle nectar taste, a hit of sugar, a bit of pollen, and a hint of green. All with a beautiful pale pink scent floating around you.

Parosmia review again just fair warning, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this while it is still in stock because when my nose is working properly this scent is quite beautiful. It starts out honeylike, sweet and green, almost herbal, like if a flower had an herbal edge. Realistically stemmy, it brings to mind a weed hedge along a field. Very atmospheric in that sense. 

The final drydown though, whooo boy, is this beautiful floral remniscent of lilies, like the lily note in Sun, Moon, and Stars by Karl Lagerfeld which includes water lily and lily of the valley among other florals. The scent always reminds me of preschool in the early 90s, I think one of the teachers wore it. This has more of a natural edge to it. This has a depth and non-commercial edge to it that I like more I think, although I'd have to do a side by side comparison of course. 

I haven't been to Louisiana but growing up and travelling in the south this does have a southern feel. I could picture wafts of this blend in the summer breeze now and then and not being out of place. Although it doesn't need anything, it would layer beautifully with a dirt note for a more southern graveyard feel.

One of my favorite duets. I just checked and it is still in stock, so I highly recommend grabbing it if you like realistic florals!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I swapped for a decant of this one to see if it would help me be able to isolate osmanthus better. And it did! I do get this creamy, white floral with a slight apricot-like touch to it, along with what must be the honeybells, which I'm not familiar with, but the note doesn't smell like what I associate with honeysuckle, although I do get New Orleans (GC scent -- I haven't actually been to the city, sadly!) vibes from this.

It's pretty, but not something I could see myself wearing.