Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Estamets

Fur notes: snuggly, nuzzly, floofy

Have recently discovered that I love a good fur note, as evidenced by emerging obsessions with such scents as Small Brown Cat and Buck Moon 2021, as well as Brown Jenkin and The Butterfly which do not have a fur note listed but are, indeed, quite nuzzly and fuzzy, respectively. 

What are your other fave fur scents? Any other snuggly, nuzzly suggestions?

(I have The Cat, Kimi Ga Dai Wa, and Bugbear Doula on order, yay!) 

The Bear Prince, which comes around in the Yule collection some years. And this year’s Rabbit Moon is extra cuddly IMO!

Are You Digging on My Grave is snuggly in a sweet puppy musk way 💗

I really loved the cozy combo of musk with forestry & amber of Kommt Mit Zacken Und Mit Gabeln.
Canis Major is a really classy/starry warm musk & vanilla. 
I imagine Wulric, the Wolfman gives a cozy vibe, though I haven’t tried it yet. 

@hhelix I’ll keep an eye out for The Bear Prince! The cardamom in Rabbit Moon did some funky stuff with the other notes on me, unfortunately 😭

@artisjok *takes notes* thanks for the all the cozy recs! I would add Judgmental Longhorn, as well, as a super cozy scent with no fur listed ❤️❤️

I really like Coyote for a fuzzy, cozy scent! (The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk). And since it's general catalog, it's easy to sample.

Not sure how easy this will be to find, but Unicorn and Ram (Wooly musk, soft leather, cashmere, cardamom, and leather oudh) is so snuggly!

8 minutes ago, katharina said:

Not sure how easy this will be to find, but Unicorn and Ram (Wooly musk, soft leather, cashmere, cardamom, and leather oudh) is so snuggly!

Mmmm yes this is a good one. The woolly scents are great comfort. 

I’ve been turning to White Sandalwood, Sage & Bourbon Vanilla for my comfort recently. Another probably hard to find. 

Edited by artisjok

I think Druid has wool. It’s a forestry kind of comfort scent. Also, scents with feathers like Fledgling Raptor Moon are pretty snuggly, or It Was Just a Cat for that ambery fur. 

Seconding Unicorn & Ram. If you really want to go a-hunting, there's always Ivanuskha, an LE from the distant past, and Whoso List to Hunt, a discontinued GC. 

It’s more of a tea scent, but I’m going to go around raving about Bugbear Doula everywhere I can because I just love it. Beth has really been nailing these scents that feel like beautiful smoke. The Grey Columns, Ti Leaf & Champaca Petals, Hierophantes all have a feel of smoke to me.. and this one is very much Ti Leaf & Champaca Petals PLUS. 

23 minutes ago, Seajewel said:

It’s more of a tea scent, but I’m going to go around raving about Bugbear Doula everywhere I can because I just love it. 

YEESSSSS!!! I’m testing it right now- I dabbed it on, took a nap, and woke up to the sweetest, most lovely cozy scent. It gets nugglier as time goes on, too. A great addition to this list ❤️❤️

seconding bear prince! I especially like applying it after a shower/before bed for max snugs.

I'm not a huge fan of rose, but BB'd the 2020 version since snow and fur are two of my favorite notes. the rose isn't heavy or old fashioned, it's dewy and fresh💧

i also loved the small brown cat and would die for a fur SN to layer with 😍

Edited by murqmaid

Bugbear Doula (A nurturing blend of motherwort, angelica root, and warm russet fur splashed with chamomile tea) from the new RPG series has a similar snuggly fur note as Bear Prince to my nose. Almost enters baby powder territory. Comforting and fitting for the character.

9 minutes ago, hhelix said:

Bugbear Doula (A nurturing blend of motherwort, angelica root, and warm russet fur splashed with chamomile tea) from the new RPG series has a similar snuggly fur note as Bear Prince to my nose. Almost enters baby powder territory. Comforting and fitting for the character.

I agree! I don’t get much fur, but it is very comforting. 

I don’t do rose, so Bear Prince is out for me, sadly. 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, feyofthefellwood said:

I really like Coyote for a fuzzy, cozy scent! (The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk). And since it's general catalog, it's easy to sample.

I just got Coyote (SQUEE!) and have to agree. It's been out of stock for quite sometime (I got it through a swap), but I'd be willing to decant some for you the next time we swap!

On 8/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, neptuneanblues said:

Seconding Unicorn & Ram. If you really want to go a-hunting, there's always Ivanuskha, an LE from the distant past, and Whoso List to Hunt, a discontinued GC. 

FYI, I believe Ivanushka is for sale by batsy, if you want to try.

Edited by katharina

Oops, I had no idea Coyote was out of stock; my apologies for saying it would be easy to sample! Thank goodness for generous decanters; hope OP gets to try it. ❤️ (And hope it comes back in stock soon! It's a good one).

3 hours ago, feyofthefellwood said:

Oops, I had no idea Coyote was out of stock; my apologies for saying it would be easy to sample! Thank goodness for generous decanters; hope OP gets to try it. ❤️ (And hope it comes back in stock soon! It's a good one).

You didn't notice because unlike me, you haven't been stalking it on the website for ages! :rofl:

Coyote went really powdery on me 😭 I’m hoping that was from over-aging of my imp, and I will 100% try a freshy when it comes back in stock. 

Updates: 

Unicorn & Ram IS MY LIFE. It starts so snuggly, and dries into a beautiful woody perfume. My mom said it took her straight to the 1960s. 

The Kangaroo is also SO SNUGGLY. I need to give it a full test, but I liked the nighttime wrist swipe I did.

I’m really digging these cozy scents for bed time!

I really want to try Ivanushka but it’s a bit out of my price range, especially since I now have several bottles of other great furry, snuggly smells.

Edited by Estamets

@katharina I'm a little confused, I was recommending perfumes with fur notes I'd tried to other people, not asking for leads on perfumes with fur notes I hadn't tried?

I have two bottles of Ivanushka from when it was easier to find (so I'm probably not the target market for "batsy"), but I've been buying BPAL since 2009 and on the forum since 2011, so I thought maybe someone newer who was reading this thread might not know about it and might be interested in finding out about a nice perfume that fit these specifications that was released back in the day. 

37 minutes ago, neptuneanblues said:

@katharina I'm a little confused, I was recommending perfumes with fur notes I'd tried to other people, not asking for leads on perfumes with fur notes I hadn't tried?

I have two bottles of Ivanushka from when it was easier to find (so I'm probably not the target market for "batsy"), but I've been buying BPAL since 2009 and on the forum since 2011, so I thought maybe someone newer who was reading this thread might not know about it and might be interested in finding out about a nice perfume that fit these specifications that was released back in the day. 

Yea, that wasn't directed at you, at all. I was just quoting your recommendations.