Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Wild Cherry Chypre and Smoky Patchouli Hair Gloss

Cherry is a least favorite note for me (except in Solstice Scents' blends where I seem to adore all of their cherry fragrances), but I absolutely adored bpal's recent "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," which is the best, most realistic, juicy, dark, tart cherry and deep, dark patchouli incense with a slight smokiness.  Wild Cherry Chypre & Smoky Patchouli hg is basically that blend's hair gloss counterpart for me.  Sexy, black patchouli with a non-sharp, non-acrid, sweet incense smokiness and a hint of tart, dark cherry sweetness.  It reminds me quite a bit of the Raven Black hg as well (one of my other favorites), like a goths at Hot Topic sort of scent.  Deep, dark, sensual patchouli incense sweetened lightly with a dark cherry.  I love this so much.

Edited by Little Bird

This is a dark and brooding fruity scent. Really lovely. The cherry is dark and lush, made elegant by the chypre, and the patchouli lends some nice, rooty  earthiness without overpowering the blend.

Dark sexy cherry and patchouli, whiff of chypre. Sophisticated, dark, but my hair seems to just eat this.

This is the only cherry scent I've tried, but my impression is that it's pretty and mellow.  I didn't feel slapped with cherry candy or pie.  "Wild cherry chypre" may be influencing how I experienced the initial cherry fragrance--something like the smell of crushed fallen cherries on a stone path.  This faded or I became blind to it in about an hour.  Then the smoky patchouli, also beautiful and soft, came through.  It clings to my hair rather than projects.  It's dark and sexy.  If you're close enough to smell it, we're married!   

ETA The scent doesn't project far but it lasts for at least four days in my hair.  

Edited by tsentsitivenose

First impression: whoa, this is smoky!

Juicy red cherry dancing just barely at the edge of perception, chypre in the background, and lots and lots of smoky patchouli. Although I was able to notice a cherry note while aerosolized in the air, it all but vanished on my hair. The patchouli is fantastic, but not very strong or long lasting as far as patchoulis go. I like to use hair gloss as a detangler on damp hair prior to sleeping at night, and the scent was completely gone after a night's rest. That being said, I will enjoy the rest of my bottle.🖤

I ended up being a big fan of "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," in spite of not being a cherry lover at all (I usually hate it, because of the dreaded almond effect), but that Lilith was a beautiful smoky-resinous patch with a drop of blood-dark fruit. Wild Cherry Chypre and Smoky Patchouli looked like it would be the HG to match Bloody Mary, so I took a nice juicy bite of it.

Alas, for me it's the exact reverse of Bloody Mary: a full-fledged almondish bright cherry with a drop of the lightest, most baby patchouli that ever patched. This barely even smells smoky to me at all. The brightness of the cherry took me by surprise. But nevermind that! What does it smell like in the hair?

A poof of almond-cherry. A breathy whisper of patch. And then poof, gone. Like, shove my face into my hair and sniff, and nothing. I am all astonishment. Cherry bomb, keeping me on my toes.

This hair gloss is one that is sure to age into something beautiful and more robust. It's not the one for me, but I think somebody will enjoy this a ton a year from now when it is rich and gloriously cherry with the smoky patch.

Wow! I am so pleasantly surprised with this one.

I'm not sure what I was expecting. This cherry chypre in here is a tiny bit tart. The patchouli is that incense sort of scent that isn't too "green" or "dirty".
After a few hours, I get that smoky hint from the patchouli. The scent is a bit overpowering at first, but settles down nicely.

I would recommend this one if you liked Pomegranate Smoke from the Halloween collection.

Wow, my nose says expensive handmade black licorice and cherry licorice had a baby. Nice depth, rich. I'm not usually a big fan of cherry but I love patchouli. Glad I went ahead and ordered.

This is deep, luscious cherries at first, over a dark background of woody patchouli.  I'm not getting any almond or maraschino vibes from this one.  I'm getting ripe fruit.  This is pretty much what I wanted The Red Queen to be on me.

Unfortunately, the cherry doesn't stick around long, and this quickly becomes all about the woody patchouli.  It's a nice version of the note, with a little hint of the cherry chypre underneath it, but I was really digging those cherries.  Alas.  If cherry notes stick around on you though, this is a winner.

This smells like summer up north in fruit-growing country, where they make wine and grow tart cherries for pie. This smells like sitting around a campfire on vacation, taking swigs of the sweet, dark cherry, red wine that they sell to tourists straight from the bottle.

Surprise favorite. I did not expect this to evoke such a deep scent memory. The cherry is a dark red fruit note, no almond here. The other notes are hard for me to tease out, they just lend sort of rich depth and a bit of an earthy balance to the inherent sweetness of the fruit.

Dark, ripe cherries with a kind of hot topic goth vibe as the patchouli is not the aged, chewy kind I’m used to going for. BUT, I love this. It’s giving me flashbacks to my days of working there (HT) a lonnnnng time who and it makes me happy! 

The husband can’t stand it. I have worn it 3x and each time, went down from 4 spritzes to only two, and he was still yelling from the other room how strong it was and “what is that!?” ... Not in a good way. I know this sounds negative at this point but I really like it and it is now my “self love” or house to myself HG. It’s a ceremonial HG, if you will. It is reminiscent of the pomegranate smoke HG, but less smoke. Happy I got a full bottle for myself, even if it will take me a decade to use it all 🤪