Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Moroccan rose absolute, East Indian patchouli, rose chypre, vintage musk accord, cassis bud, jasmine sambac, tonka bean, and rose sandalwood.

This one has great throw, & smells like a spicy rose, yet it also has that light baby powder smell too. Floating up to my nose it smells like an exotic incense, I smell the rose sandalwood most. Reminds me a lot of Japanese incenses made/blended with sandalwood.

A genteel rose over moss and woody patchouli. It dries down to a spicy chypre after a few hours. Stately, plush,  and more gender neutral than I would typically expect for a rose blend. 

The florals are present here, but the chypre is what's most prominent to me. 

This reminds me of a brighter Lorraine Cross from the Bloodmilk collab. It's missing the frankincense, but still has some kind of incense to it. It's a very pretty rose and wood blend, and I could see this being a rose person's go to! Glad I tried it, but a decant is enough for me.

Roses, incense, wood, and nostalgia. This smells like roses and memories. Luxe, but no longer at its first blush. Time is the cruelest mistress. Good throw and wear length.

at first i get a lot of sandalwood and rose chypre. it smells SO classic, like scents my mother and grandmother's wore. a very woody rose. i think this smells like YSL opium or something similar if memory serves. it's very dry, like dried roses, not fresh, dewy ones. after awhile i get a bit of tonka but i never get any cassis or jasmine. it's primarily rose and sandalwood with a little bit of a powderiness. 

Smooth chewy patch when it's wet. The good patchouli, not the stanky, unwashed patchouli. The rose starts to come out with the dry down and then I also get some musk. During the day, this becomes a more rose-sandalwood scent and it's stunning. The rose-sandalwood combo dominates but I still get that musk as well. The patchouli seems to have receeded into the background. I never get the jamine or tonka in this. This seems more like a cool weather rose to me and it's absolutely full bottle worthy.

A spicy, exotic rose that is hard to pin down. Occasionally I get a whiff of jasmine or patchouli or moss. "Roses and memories" as zankoku zen said. Old, mysterious, dried roses from a decades-lost admirer stored away in a box.

The Madam is not in my wheelhouse, but was kindly given to me.  I imagined the jasmine would ruin it, but no, it's the rose, going all sour on me.  I'm not actually getting jasmine at all, but the rose/sandalwood combination is going wrong on me, and no amount of patchouli, tonka or musk can save it.  Oh well, I didn't have high hopes for this one, and I'm delighted I got to test it!

Hope it's okay to comment again on this. The Madam is aging beautifully. Smelling more powdery & a hint of Earthy roses, nice & mellow. Wasn't worn much before, but I love it now!

GAAAAHHHHHH sometimes a scent comes along that I just burn through half a bottle of in months, out of nowhere. That should really be my whole review of this thing.

I thought I had all the rose-patchouli blends from the Lab but somehow this one is just luminous. It is just the right balance between sweet and spicy and woody, and could probably even go masculine if you asked it to. This Madam knows every trick in the book, runs the show, and is VERY expensive.