Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Michiyuki Koi No Futusao

Ugh, this is a sexy green tea. Its sort of aquatic musky, but the star anise adds some spice, and you end up with a very gender neutral sexy green tea musk. Good throw and wear length.

This is, in fact, a sexy green tea musk. The star anise lends it a woodsy quality. The oakmoss tackles the green tea and wrestles it to the forest floor, then fades to the background.  I don't get much throw and it stays close to my skin. Star anise can sometimes overwhelm, but this blend isn't sharp at all. I'm getting almost a pipe tobacco vibe from the anise/oakmoss combo as it dries down. The green tea floats on top. 

Gender neutral, foody only if you consider tea food, equally good for daytime or nighttime wear. 

Edited by bheansidhe

This one is a good bit of fun at first. The star anise immediately amps into Supreme Ruler on my skin; but in the first moment, at least, I can still smell the green tea. This seems to be the pretty green tea note from Cooling Breeze.

And then the tea is mostly gone, leaving scarcely a green whisp. The oakmoss is a faint woody hint.

The sweet, black licorice-like anise simply stomps everything else out.

Green tea and oakmoss can be iffy on me, but I love anise, and at first I got a lot of it in Michiyuki Koi No Futusao.  This started out a wonderful spring/summer anise blend, with the bright green tea dirtied up by the oakmoss.  Definitely a shunga!  If the anise note had lasted longer on me, this would have been bottle-worthy, but it faded away within a couple hours, leaving the still very pleasant green tea and oakmoss combo. Not much throw (which is typical for me). Tea notes tend to be fugitive on me, so I enjoyed how long this one lasts.  I wonder if age will improve the anise longevity. 

Really glad I finally got to try this one!  :P  This is a very nice example of herbal anise, if you like the note -- which I do!  The anise is a touch powdery and is the most prominent note on me, while the green tea, though present, is the least prominent.  Overall, I get a cool, dry scent that's a touch spicy and very reminiscent of a bed of soft green forest moss.  Michiyuki and Cacao & Black Moss both have that soothing, fairy-forest vibe, though both fragrances are quite different and worth having.  I'm pretty sure Queen Titania had some of this stashed in her bower.