Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Raccoon Moon 2020

Bring out the amorous trash panda in you: a winter’s backdrop of slush, snow-covered evergreens, juniper, and winter gardenia with sweet brown musk, rooty patchouli, spicy birch, hay absolute, osmanthus, and a pile of uprooted pansies.

Bottle: Backdrop of conifer and patchouli, with lots of spicy birch and a bit of soil. Florals are present, but quite faint to my nose. 

Wet: Snow and florals are coming forward while the birch and patchouli take a step back. The hay and brown musk are adding a touch of sweetness. For once, I'm getting a fair hit of osmanthus!

Dry: Subtly earthy florals tumbled up with hay, evergreens, and birch.

Overall: This was quite the morpher on me! It's just about as perfect a winter-spring crux scent as there could possibly be - it skillfully toes the line between evergreens and fresh florals. In a surprise to me, I don't get much of the gardenia at all/patchouli once it's dried, but I do get a hefty dash of osmanthus. In a way, it smells like the earth waking up after a long winter.

Starts off very slushy, and dirty, and atmospheric.  Kind of like day old dirty snow, but not in a bad way.  I smell a little bit of that wintergreeny top note of birch.  It passes through a bit of a phase where it smells like Yggdrasil before aging morphed it super minty, and then... yes, florals.  This is quite unique!  I would say there are raccoons now rutting above me, but it's just my neighbors.

Oh... wait...