Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rage and bloody exultation dissolving into divine stillness: white sandalwood, palo santo, rosewood, and lavender.

Very lavender-forward in the bottle; on the skin the rosewood is immediately front and center with the lovely incensey sandalwood + palo santo combo making it appropriately churchy and morgue-like for the concept. The lavender is there but very much in the back seat. 

Rose and lavender incense and wood.

This is almost exclusively rosewood (not rose, a soft, not amping, so far not migrainey rose-ish note) backed by a very tame and not super dry sandalwood. I don't know what palo santo smells like, and I can barely detect the lavender at all. I loved this scent at will call and tbh I am still pretty keen on it. It is definitely a ~mood~ scent and not for daily wear I think, but "divine stillness" is a pretty good encapsulator. It is very calm, very peaceful. No riotous notes shoving each other around. 

If you want to like rose but cannot normally make it work for you, give this a whirl.

edit I looked it up, palo santo can be incencesy and that is somewhere around the same level as the lavender far in the backdrop. There is a slight touch of incense. 

At first this smells like pale serenity. Lavender, palo santo, white sandalwood, and a little rosewood.

As it dries on me, though, it turns pale, powdery, and perfumey. This smells white musk does on my skin. Pass.

It's trying to have the sharpness of rage but is thwarted by the roundness of wood, and so it's balanced. Still.

Jury's still out on this one for me. I don't dislike it, but I don't know if I'll wear it often, if at all. Maybe my husband will like it - seems unisex enough to work on him.

Lavender, palo santo, and sandalwood. This is delicate lavender and palo santo. Just lovely. Low throw, average wear length.