Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is the air; that is the glorious sun;
This pearl she gave me, I do feel’t and see’t;
And though ’tis wonder that enwraps me thus,
Yet ’tis not madness.

— Sebastian

A vibrant swirl of orange blossom, sweet patchouli, vetiver, and sandalwood.

This is exactly everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. Orange blossom is one of my favorite scents in the world, and it's been hard to find any blends where it doesn't get overwhelmed by other top notes. This blend was made for orange blossom lovers of the world. It is queen, ruling over its woodland subjects. The patch is indeed sweet and well-behaved, the vetiver an earthy but not acrid smokiness, and the sandalwood is quiet as always but I keep getting whiffs that remind me very much of the sandalwood from They Shut Me In Prose, that sweet-ghostly pale wood that wafts and wafts.

Is it possible? Have I found my orange blossom holy grail? Fresh, this one is a quiet one, with a close throw but in that small inner cloud near the skin, it has wonderful presence. I am curious to see how this ages. I hope the orange blossom doesn't age out quickly. I might get a backup bottle of this one anyways!

Sweet, rich, deep, and bright. So lovely and as I am a fan of each element separately, so perfect.

Orange blossom woven with patchouli and sandalwood. It's earthier, grittier, than say some of the Shunga scents. Not as delicate. But its that same sort of yuxtaposition. Full of contraditions. Medium throw and wear length.