Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VetchVesper

Closing the Bamboo Curtain

Green bamboo reeds, polished labdanum, oakmoss, and white patchouli.

Slightly sweet and incredibly fresh and green at first.  I almost get a sense of lime and fresh cut grass - that sort of zesty freshness.   Then the heavier notes start to come in, grounding the fragrance like a soft bed of moss.  It's still very green, like the color the landscape gets after a heavy downpour.  After the bamboo, the labdanum is most recognizable, adding its sweetness.  The fragrance goes mossier as it dries down, but it stays light and springy.  There's a touch of aquatic going on, and Bamboo Curtain begins to go a little soapy on me, but I'm still finding it pleasant.

All soapiness is gone after 1/2 an hour.  The white patch has made a demure entrance, and now the moss smells gently spiced.  Gender neutral, subtle, and beautifully green.

Hopefully this one gets some love, b/c it's very nice; think bamboo forest in a rain storm and you've got the gist.  Lovely for rainy spring days and the summer.

Fresh, green, almost effervescent/citrus. Very zingy. Not very strong, nor much throw, but it lingers for quite a while. It gets a little darker and more resiny with time, but still retains that green freshness. 

Unisex cologne vibe here, sharp and cold, with a citrus feel to it.  Soapy, strong, and lasts far too long on me.  I do smell clean, though, but not for me.

Ooh pretty things. Pretty shiny things with nice smelling stuff inside! They promise to make me feel less gross and human and they work!

So, this smells like super nice british soap or like williams & sonoma fancy hand soap. I like it. Summers at the lake with unnecessary and puzzling cooking utensils and the best white wine ever and chopped herbs on every damn dish. Fancy, clean, green, refreshing.

I got mostly chilly labdanum and green bamboo - the oakmoss and patchouli add a little grounding darkness.  This smells sweet, green, shiny, hard, and a little cool and shady.

Fresh green bamboo, aquatic moss, and a grounding of patchouli. This is a very fresh cologne on me, very gender neutral. Ugh, I really am digging this. Medium throw and wear length.

No labdanum, patchouli or oakmoss to my nose, but I do like the lab's bamboo note.  It's wet, pulpy, intense green, a little soapy and spa-like, with something like an edge of sharp lemon verbena.