Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The largest artery in the body. Red rose for the intima, the innermost layer of the aorta, and wild plum and apricot pulp for media, with vetiver – this perfume’s adventitia – providing structure to the scent.

Plum, apricot, and red rose. This is a plummy fruity red rose blend. As if Peacock Queen went and gorged herself on plums and apricots. Great throw and wear length.

Whenever I order decants, I always get one that's outside my comfort zone, because I am regularly surprised by things I shouldn't like. This was my experiment, but unfortunately it didn't work out on my skin.

When it's fresh, it's a really juicy and sweet floral, and not even all that much rose. It has almost more of a ... hibiscus tang to it. But once it dries down, it goes through a slightly ammonia phase (like jasmine but not nearly so strong) and then turns to powdery apricot. 

I would describe this as a plum scent more than anything else. Very juicy, fruity plum with apricot and rose in the background. I cannot pick them out individually, but apricot and rose bring a sweet and floral quality to the scent, respectively. While I was hoping for more of a rose scent, I think plum lovers would really enjoy this.

I love apricot so much, and I haven't found a new one I loved in ages, so I wanted to give a decant of this a go.

Wet: Out of the bottle this is all glorious tart fruit, but the second it hits my skin, it's sour vegetal vetiver. Then it wavers back to fruit, then dirty sour vetiver. It can't decide!!

Dry: The vetiver fades and it's all about the fruit. It's nice, but I don't adore it - I am not a fan of most fruit scents, and somehow the combo of apricot and plum, two of the fruits I do sometimes like, comes out as very "generic" fruit. Not for me!

I got a decant of Aorta, I love plums and apricots, like vetiver and roses are ok.

In the vial and wet on my skin all I get is plum and fruity apricots. Hardly any rose and no vetiver. It's a nice soft scent

Dry the roses emerge more, but I still get the fruits. No vetiver.

I'll be sticking to my decant, it's nice but not bottle worthy for me.

This is really lovely when it first goes on...strong notes of Apricot and Roses. No vetiver (and I love vetiver). As it dries down the plum shows up, and ultimately it fades to an airy plum note. I enjoyed it tons but wish the wet notes lasted longer, so it would be more of a scent locket one for me. 

Edited by frizzlechicken

I adored this and am sad I missed out on a bottle.

Flowers.... for the fresh floral collectors this is a must. I can't wear too many florals and this gorgeous, bright yet soft blend was so dreamy.

A really beautiful rose note with a hint of dusty fade on the edges with the plum and apricot to brighten it up. I think there's another flower hidden in here.... jasmine? Whispers of ...something else lovely and gentle.

I got no vetiver either. It must miss my nose as a grounding element? 

Wet it's gorgeous and the dry down turn is so lovely, I Just kept huffing my arm.

Nice addition to the rose category! Fruity, nuanced, gentle, loving.

Sweet orange-tinted juicy apricot and slightly tart reddish plum. Gentle deep lush red red red roses merrily alongside the fruit. No bashing here. Like I said...gentle. The vetiver is just an incognito depth supporter and barely there...not an "lets have a vetiver experience now, mmkaayy?" upfront thing. I love when vetiver is used in this manner!

My skin eats it and it becomes part of me...synonymous... but I consider that a compliment to my overall energy and aura. Wouldn't you? Not a bad thing at all.

In the decant: Plummy apricot, with just a hint of vetiver -- the grassy kind, not the smoky kind -- running through the scent. 

On my skin: 

Wet, it's bawdy Bordello plum. As it dries, the apricot starts to assert itself, and I can also make out just a hint of rose -- but it is buried quite deep in the scent, at least at this point. Given time to settle and develop, however, the fruit notes fade to an undercurrent behind now-dominant rose. Vetiver is barely detectable, just enough, as the description says, to provide a bit of grounding and structure to the scent. 

It's the kind of rich, deep rose that I like when I wear rose, but it's not my favorite blend of this type. Probably this one will find a new home. 

Wet: Luscious plum with a tinge of tartness.

Drydown: Rose majestically sweeps in, and is sweetened by the plum. My skin really tends to amp red roses,  so the rose quickly takes center stage for me.

Dry: Bare whispers of rose with a hint of fruit. It was lovely while it lasted, though it was brief.