Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VioletChaos

Honey and Sweet Labdanum

[No additional description provided.]

In The Bottle: That's a whoooooole lotta labdanum!

Wet On Skin: This is reading like a sweet labdanum single note. If it stays this way, I won't object- I wouldn't mind being in possession of such a thing. I can always layer it with "O" if this continues! ;) 

Dry Down: The honey comes out a teeeeeny bit. But really, this is the Labdanum Show, with your host, Sweet Labdanum. :D This note, being the rich little minx that it is, ages quite well, and my long term experience of the Lab's various honey notes is the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the honey doesn't really shine in this until, like, six months from now. But even if it just lurks in the background, I'm satisfied with having a really good labdanum "single note" ☺️

Yep, this is a total blast of rich, sweet labdanum. It's slightly fizzy, almost like a honey cream soda. It's very strong on the skin, but it doesn't have a lot of throw. 

And yes, this will age like a monster. 

Wet: I have to agree with marared; "fizzy honey cream soda" is basically the perfect description of what I'm smelling. This isn't very strong on me, though; I had to slather this a bit to get a good whiff.

Dry: Somehow the same as the wet stage, only with a tad more throw.

Don't love it, don't hate it, will definitely hold on to the decant. ;) 

two of my favorite notes, so you know. starts with labdanum and a hint of honey.  there is an effervescence here, it's kind of like cola with honey, strangely enough, when these 2 notes mingle. also the labdanum turns a bit weird with my skin chemistry so i think i will have to swap this one. so promising, but i think my skin does better with labdanum in more complex blends.

In the decant: Honey and sparkly, effervescent labdanum. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's honey straight out of the gate. As it dries, it's quite a lot of labdanum close to my skin, but the throw is all honey with just a hint of effervescence. And it is everything I love about honey -- slow, thick, rich, sweet. Given some time to make friends with my skin chemistry, the labdanum does emerge a bit more, adding a beautiful, deep, resinous sweetness to the honey. 

Um. I had not expected to like this blend as much as I do. Once the labdanum becomes as prominent as the honey, the throw brings itself a little closer to my skin. But basically, this is amazing. I'm definitely using up this decant, and I miiiiiiiight need a bottle.  

Labdanum and honey smell like root beer on me.  It's mostly labdanum with very little honey on my skin.  

I am just loving labdanum lately, and it really shines here.  It's that sweet, syrupy, cola-like labdanum with a little honey, and it's lovely.  I don't get a lot of throw, but I rarely do with my skin chemistry, and as is true for many of the Lab's honey blends, this last a long time.  Sweet but not gourmand, sunny, and work-appropriate.