Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

One of Lilith’s and my favorite pastimes is climbing up tall buildings and scaring Beth. This photo was taken at the Cathedral in Berlin and the whole time, Beth was yelling “Be careful!” and “I can’t look!”

Frosted gingerbread and frosted patchouli.

One of two blind bottles I bought from the Yuletide with Lilith release, and sure glad I did. This is heavenly. It is an incredible mix of Gingerbread, Patchouli, and what to my nose is the “Frostbitten” note from this year’s Yules. That’s pretty much all I get from it, but that’s great!! It’s delicious and comforting and not too strong or overpowering. I wore it both in my locket and on my wrists. The wrists have settled to a soft frozen patchouli spice after many hours. If you like any of those notes you definitely have to try this. 

This is the only Yuletide with Lilith release I took a chance on, because I went CRAZZZAY with Yules. It’s not what I expected, but it is delicious.

Wet: Ginger, ginger, ginger. And...cinnamon? No patch.

Drydown: Still mostly ginger and something akin to cinnamon (which I amp, so if there’s a tiny drop in there that would do it). A little bit of patchouli is poking out, but it’s very subtle. Also there’s a cool wintry streak that may be that snow note frizzlechicken mentioned. 

2 hour later: Yummy Gingerbread and a little more earthy patch keeping it from being foodie. 

I like this, but I was hoping for more patch than ginger, and to me it’s the other way around.

Edited by DianesTulpa

In The Bottle: The very-beloved gingerbread note that the Lab used in their Gingerbread Snake. Which is to say- delicious!

Wet On Skin: Mostly still the spicy, sugary gingerbread I know and adore.

Dry Down: This is more or less a Gingerbread Single Note on me. I really, really love that note (as I've already stated!) so while I'm a bit sad that the patchouli never showed up for me, I know this is going to age fabulously. And if it stays a true SN, I'll simply use some of my own well-aged patch to layer with it! ;) 

Soft gingerbread, and I get a whiff of anise, and snow and sugar. It's actually a very comforting sort of holiday blend. Medium throw, medium wear length.

If the gingerbread scents in this year's Yule update weren't as gingerbready as you had hoped, you may want to give Berliner Dom Antics a try. I agree that it is a soft, fluffy gingerbread, the type found in Gingerbread Snake, paired with a brown patchouli note (not a gnarly patchouli variety at all) and Snow White's sweet snow note. It starts off strong on the gingerbread, but the patchouli and snow become more prominent with time, and it ends up being a patchouli and sweet snow scent with a base of gingerbread on me after several hours of wear.

I like it and intend to keep my decant, but I don't feel like I need to upgrade to a bottle.

Berliner Dom Antics is gorgeous on me, and I seem to have gotten more patch than many of you.  On me, this smells like light, spicy gingerbread, Snow White snow, and sweet patchouli.  And it lasts and lasts -- I could still smell it distinctly, albeit faintly, 24 hours after application, which is almost unheard of on my skin.  (OK, there's a small possibility I reapplied during the day.  Still, overnight persistence for sure.)  It's sweet but the spice and patchouli keep it well away from cloying.  I'd say it's on the lighter side of cozy.  This is one of the rare scents that I think would be appropriate for a young girl but that I also truly enjoy wearing.  

This perfume is like a loser boyfriend who just happens to have a hidden talent as a baker. You first fell for him and he seemed a little scruffy, but cute and so sweet.

Soon however you are like

"Ugh, get a job! I am so tired of having to pay for the tow when your POS flower-painted van breaks down! Yeah, I know you think your dog is going to be the next youtube sensation - I still think you should get a job. I don't care if he jumps into your arms sounds like he's trying to talk and say 'ruh-roh'. Just try not to sleep through your next interview. Why do you have go driving around all night with your weird friends checking out abandoned amusement parks, anyway? And are you smoking again? Whatever you are wearing is so strong that every time we make out, I end up smelling like a dirtiest hippiest patchouliest of patchouli for the rest of the day and my coworkers think I'm trying to cover up weed. What are you trying to cover up?"

But then he's like

"I made you homemade ginger cupcakes with little sugar hearts on them"

and he seduces you all over again. Once you taste those cupcakes, you don't really care if your boss or your friends judge you. And you care even less that this is only the few remaining cupcakes - the dog likely ate most of them. You know that all those stoned hours he spent watching Food Network paid off. And maybe - just maybe - you are even starting to like patchouli (a little bit).

Edited by crimescenecleanup

This is soft, sweet and powdery-delicate. I'm always hesitant over frost/snow scents, but here it's pitch-perfect, adding a watery coolth to the warm base. It clings close to the skin, and weirdly reminds me of Kindly Moon though I don't think it shares any notes. Lovely.

I don't know how I overlooked this blend originally, but I recently purchased a bottle on ebay and I really enjoy how rich it is.  It starts off reminding me a bit of Shub Niggurath with the addition of earthy, deep, patchouli that blends into the spices in a seamless, sophisiticated way.  I feel like I can smell the sweet molasses and spices in this moist gingerbread.  It's 90% spiced baked goods and only 10% earthiness, though both parts are discernable.  In the drydown, it's much the same, but the gourmand aspect starts to remind me of those hard, spiced oatmeal cookies with the hardened frosting glaze on them.  I used to love dipped "iced oatmeal cookies" in milk because the cookie part would soften and the hardened icing would stay kind of crunchy.

I have a lot of gingerbread scents from bpal, but this one might be my favorite.  Yummy gingerbread with hints of icing and the spices make the hippie patchouli into a spicy-earthy, slightly incensey perfume undertone to the gourmand part.  Very good!