Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Salzburg

20 degrees

We are waiting for the krampuslauf to begin.

Lilith wanted a photo of the three of us.

I love them them with all my heart and soul.

Lavender musk, a bit of Dorian, a smidge of Snake Oil, birchwood, leather, and snow.

Oh, Salzburg. You smell like snow, lavender, bits of Dorian and a whiff of birch and incense. Overall, I imagine this is what snowed on Barrial family members smells like. It's cheery, familiar, and definitely wintery. It's a very happy smell, and you can tell that this is a blend that was made with a heart full of joy based on memories full of joy. Medium throw, good wear length.

If you ever wanted to borrow someone's happy memories of a Christmas vacation, use this. It will put a smile on your face.

Salzburg Krampuslauf is beautiful, but you may need to be patient and give it a few hours before it really shines. It starts off heavy on the lavender musk and bright snow, but the bright snow (which may also contain white tea) and Dorian's white tea end up being really strong on me and don't let the other notes through for over an hour of wear. I know my skin is really bringing out the white tea, because it reminds me strongly of Paper Phoenix minus Antique Lace 2017's vanilla during that phase of the scent. Then the Snake Oil joins in and becomes stronger over time, so that after several hours, it's a mix of snowy Snake Oil, Dorian, and lavender musk with just a touch of birch and leather. The birch and leather are not main players on me, and I probably would not notice them at all if I didn't know to go looking for them. It is absolutely the scent of the Barrial family on winter vacation, and it feels even more Barrial-y to me with its lavender musk than No DNA Test Required with its Slime Queen.

I am glad that I leapt for a bottle, and I suspect that this one will only get better with age.

clean perfume with something kinda woody/fruity and lavender underneath that. Mostly clean. low throw

maaaaaaaaaaaybe kinda reminds me of snow in the woody/fruity part

Salzburg Krampuslauf was gorgeous on initial application -- bright and cheerful, like sunshine on snow, with more Dorian than Snake Oil on me, and a little wood and leather rounding it out.  I got a little throw from it too, more than I usually get.  Unfortunately, this is one of the non-Snow-White snow notes that doesn't work on my skin, and it goes soapy after about 45 minutes.  My sister really liked it though, so I may need to get her a bottle.