Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black rose, Baltic amber, leather, white sandalwood, black pepper, and vetiver.

Rose, sandalwood, amber and a whiff of peppery leather. I am really getting a ton of black rose from this. It's the most prominent note here. So yeah, rose with hints of everything else. Great throw and wear length. Because, yanno, rose.

Only since falling down the BPAL rabbit hole, I'm beginning to like rose heavy blends. Actually quatre started it. 😅

Well Fourth Lash is very rose heavy, very true to nature just like sniffing a rose blossom. But even for me it's not that bad. Can't smell any leather or amber, not even vertiver. Just a slight sandelwood in the background. It's nice, but won't need a bottle.

at the start i smell black rose as the strongest note, along with some vetiver and maybe a hint of white sandalwood. after a few minutes, the scent warms up a bit with some amber, however rose is still the strongest note by far. after the drydown it's mostly rose, amber and sandalwood and it's very pretty! i was hoping for a lot more leather in this but i didn't get any at all. still, it's a pretty ambery-rose and i will keep my decant.

I am smitten with my decant. The black rose reminds me of Peacock Queen, in that rose is definitely center stage.  Like Mandragora369, I'm finding the rest of the notes to be pretty subtle on me, although the leather is noticeable.  I hope somebody who loves Whip gets in & reviews this blend, because Fourth Lash is what I was hoping Whip would be (I blame my skin.) 

More testing is needed, but it's a strong bottle contender.  

The last 12 months of BPAL roses have been SO FINE 🌹.

In the decant: Rose and something that reads as sharp and soapy. The sharpness might be the pepper. The soap might be powder which might be the amber. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's rose soap. As it dries, the soap aspect dies down, but the rose remains the dominant note. I think I can get whiffs of leather, with possibly amber or sandalwood, in the background. 

Um. But. Yes. Remains almost entirely rose. 

Fourth Lash is very rose on me.  Amber, leather, sandalwood and vetiver are all good on me, but rose is iffy (and this was gifted to me by a supremely generous forumite who is more of a rose lover than I am).  If you love rose and hate vetiver, this should be no problem for you -- I couldn't find the vetiver at all, and could hardly make out the leather.  And I almost never can make out BPAL's pepper note.  Heady rose with sandalwood and amber, like a very grown-up, sultry version of the GC Little Wooden Doll.