Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I want my rooftop filled with Pallid Bats. Not only are they cute as hell, but their favored meal is the Arizona bark scorpion, whose sting is the most venomous to be found in North America.

Bats > Scorpions
(Sorry, Scorpios!)

Tea leaf, bourbon, a sting of white ginger, and Italian bergamot swirled in amber incense smoke.

I was hoping that the tea note would be similar to the tea in Theodosius the Legerdemain, and I was not disappointed. It's that lovely tea, with a very bright and zingy HELLO I'M GINGER. This might be my favourite of all the Weenies I bought this year.

White ginger, tea, a whiff of incense and a whiff of bourbon. This one has a very strong white ginger on wet and drydown for me. It's bright, zingy, and HELLO ginger. Great throw and wear length.

This is Baobhan Sith's sweeter, more rounded sister due to the bourbon.  I compared them side to side and I think the bourbon helps it have a longer throw. Beautiful, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting a bottle for me because of the closeness to BS.

Wet: Ginger, tea leaf, and mandarin. It smells like a bright citrus tea with ginger. 

Dry: The same notes I noticed in the wet stage are present, but the bourbon has showed up now as well. Everything blends together so well! It's a very interesting and refreshing tea scent, with a slight kick from the bourbon.

I almost passed on grabbing a decant of this, and I'm so happy I didn't. This might be upgraded to a big bottle! 

Pallid Bat is reminiscent of Kumiho, because it's also strong on the white tea and ginger, but it has an extra zing thanks to the bergamot and the bourbon. Sometimes bourbon can be too much for me (like in Juke Joint), but it's really nice here. This is very citrusy and refreshing, with the ginger becoming more prominent over time. I never got any of the incense smoke.

I would recommend this for fans of Kumiho, Baobhan Sith, and Green Wig Spray. I already have a few imps of Kumiho, Baobhan Sith in perfume oil and bath oil form, and a few bottles of Green Wig Spray, so I am not sure that I need to upgrade to a bottle, but I am a fan of this scorpion-eating hero and will definitely be hanging on to my decant.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the imp this reminded me a great deal of Kumiho. On the skin is becomes bit less zingy, the green tea a bit warmer and the ginger a bit lighter. The bourbon and incense are hard to pick out specifically but make a very sleek and polished base. This makes me think of a Jo Malone fragrance 

Surprise hit for me.  It should have hit me over the head as this has quite a few notes of win so I'm wondering now why I hesitated...but perhaps it was the "tea leaf" note, which I hoped was literally tea and the black or green variety.  Ti leaf is more of an evergreen note and that's not what's contained.   But I digress...

This started out a lovely Earl Grey tea with it's bergamot and I'm guessing green tea as white is often too high pitched for my enjoyment. There's a lovely ginger inclusion which gives a gentle nip,  not full on bite. No smoke note which is fine with me. 

The drydown is a gorgeous incense, amber, and maybe bourbon but the last note wasn't very present although may be lending a mellow,  rounded character to the heart and base.  This is unquestionably my favorite bat!

Edited by sprout

A beautiful aromatic swet ginger-centered blend with nuances of white tea and amber. Reminds of a perfume that Cartier would release :)) 

Zingy ginger with a clean refreshing tea. The bergamot lends a kiss of something extra. Not very incense smelling to my nose, and really only the tiniest hint of any bourbon.

Bright gingery white tea with vanilla-amber, bergamot, and ... something of a more full-bodied orange than just bergamot. Mandarin?

In drydown, I begin to find a light smoky incense in it, and then a bourbon hint that's subtle enough to be interesting instead of whoa corn booze.

I didn't pick up a decant of this when it was out; I'd had trouble wearing Lab ginger. One of the only alcohol-based perfumes I've loved was heavily gingered, so that was sad. But lately I'm finding some Lab ginger blends I can wear, and this is another like that. It's quite good on me, actually, though not long lived. 

Pallid Bat reminds me of both Season of Ghosts (with its orange/bergamot, ginger, and frankincense) and Kumiho. 

Sugared, crisp, clean smelling white tea (that smells more like green tea in the drydown) with tart, lemony bergamot, a sharp and peppery bite from the ginger, and a little bit of golden, warm powdery amber.  It's sweeter than I thought it would be, like a few spoonfuls of sugar have been added to the tea, but I'm not complaining.  Similar to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea scent because it has a perfumey muskiness to it as well.