Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Gene Simmons of the Phyllostomidae family, this little buddy has a tongue built for harvesting nectar, extending up to a third of its body length and covered in hairy and horny papillae.

Smoked chili peppers, caramelized saffron, and clove bud.

Something about this is a little pumpkiny. Not like the Lab's usual pumpkin note that goes kind of buttery on my skin, but closer to the one in Jack. I assume it's mostly the caramelized saffron, with the help of clove bud. The smoked chili peppers are reminiscent of Raven Moon 2012, but milder, and they come out more when applied to my throat and higher up my arm.

Mexican Long-Tongued Bat is comforting, subtle, and perfectly autumnal. As good as it is now, I believe it's going to get even better and could be worthy of a backup bottle.

I get a ton of caramel from this, with clove (which makes this sort of pumpkin spicy), and touch of the other spices. The chili comes out more on the drydown. However, its like an amped up caramel Jack. Good throw and wear length.

Honestly, this reminds me to buttery pumpkin pancakes.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I fehking looooove this! Caramelized saffron would be the best single note ever, just saying.

The chili peppers and clove give this a subtle kick to the caramel and the saffron just adds this extra oomph that I was raving about online in the Parlour FB group. This is going age into the perfect syrupy perfume and I cannot wait.

This scent was bullying all the other scents in my scent box and Good lord, the CARAMEL. And it's not a thick caramel, but a soft runny caramel like the kind you make those popcorn balls with. There's also a toasty nut note sort of like roast soy nuts. I can't smell the clove at all. After it drys down, there's a small floating cloud of chili hovering a few millimeters above the caramel.

This is sweet potato musks XTREME younger sibling. 

Edited by Biocarbons

At first, all I get is smoke. It's almost coffee/tobacco. About an hour later, it has the same smoky caramel note as Dark Chocolate & Pepper-Smoked Caramel (a luper from many years back that I love but rarely wear because it's super intense) -- and the caramel is amped way up, with a little spice, which might be either chili or clove related, it's too faint so I'm not certain. I'm not sure if I can find the saffron at all. Interesting, and I like it, but a little too intense for me.

In the decant, the caramelized saffron is the strongest note (emphasis on the caramelized part), with the smoked chili pepper and clove behind it.

On my skin, I feel like it smells like toffee that's been infused with smoked chili pepper and clove. The chili pepper and clove are mild here, so I wouldn't describe it as a spicy scent. I can also see it being likened to a nice caramel-covered or toffee-covered popcorn (minus the popcorn, of course) or brittle.

This smells delicious. :yum: I would definitely eat something like this if it were put in front of me, but I am not sure if I want to smell like this. I appreciate gourmands, but I tend to avoid caramel in scents, and this is a very caramel-y scent. I just can't help smelling it and thinking of toffee and wanting to lick my arm. It's making me hungry! :lol: If you're a fan of foodie scents, definitely give this one a try!

I loooooooooove this! At first (when I first unwrapped it) the sweetness of the caramel was completely overpowering. But now that it has settled I get the hints of spice in the background. I really love it on me, it's lovely sweet caramel with a bit of chili mixed in, and if I wear it while having a stressful day at work, I find it quite calming. 

At first this is all caramel and clove on me, making me think of my mother's molasses cookies (which have a good dose of clove). As it wears I get a bit of saffron and smoke and the blend lightens up on it's heavy sweetness but I can't pick out the peppers specifically. 

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this! This fragrance is fantastic an quickly making its way up amongst my favorite BPALs. In terms of throw and longevity, it's excellent on my perfume eating skin. I was surprised how strong it is and how long it lasted! If you are someone (like me) whose skin tends to eat perfumes and is looking for something with a little more oomph, try this.

Like everyone says, the caramel is strong in this one. BPAL's caramel note is one of my top favorites, so this was a no brainer buy for me. The chili peppers add a bit of spiciness which is such a nice contrast from typical sweet, caramel heavy scents. Of course I enjoy those too, but this is what you wear when you want a little spiciness in your blend. A little kick to set you apart from the caramel crowd.

This is absolutely delicious. It definitely dries down to a buttery pancake note which almost reminds me of Pancake Breakfast, but it takes quite a while to get there. Enjoy the ride. It's a spicy-sweet good time.

This was in a recent etsy drop and I snagged one of a very small hand full of bottles.  I am always interested in gourmands that are not traditional. Cookies or cakes with roses or lavender,  chocolate with dirt, you get the idea. A gourmand sounding perfume with Smoked Chili Peppers was a *need*. 

This is, at just this moment, one of the yummiest BPal Giurmands I have had the pleasure of trying! I agree with @doomsday_disco, I can not keep my nose out of the crook of my elbow. Its decadent and rich but manages to evade the syrupy buttery scent of Western Bonneted Bat. I mean, it doesnt say caramel or butterscotch in the notes, but this is so sweet and the closest I could come to a description is the sweetness is brown sugar coated chili peppers. Not a fruity sugar, but a warm sugar, like something fresh made in the kitchen for an autumn evening after supper desert,  I am not able to isolate the clove and saffron, but I am sure that clove is keeping the chili note forward as it doesnt dissipate on skin the way the pepper note did in Caramel, Smoked Chilis & Black Vanilla, and the saffron contributing to the overall sweetness that I think is so perfect.

This is an amazing blend for autumn and I am so excited that the Lab is releasing scents on etsy with their relocation to Philly and giving us an opportunity to get to try older blendswe missed out on,