Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith loves RuPaul’s Drag Race, and she thought it would be fun to dress up for Drag Con 2018 as Lil Poundcake. I made a promise to her when she was tiny that I would carry her on my shoulders for as long as she wanted me to, and I am pretty positive that I will carry her down the aisle for her wedding. As I carried her around Drag Con, and I would hear people whisper, “oh my god, it’s Lil poundcake.” Some people would yell “Lil Poundcake!” and she would happily flip them off in character. When people would stop us and ask to take a photo, I would set Lilith down, give her the boa, and she would pose for the photo. Then she’d hop back on my shoulders and we’d continue on our way. Ah, the life of a dad. I wouldn’t give it up for anything.

Dorian smushed into a cherry lollipop.

In the bottle - It reminds me a little of cherry cough drops. Uh oh.

Wet - Turns more into a sticky cherry lollipop scent, thank goodness. A hint of mintiness behind the cherry, which is unexpected but not unpleasant.

Drydown - The cherry has mostly disappeared, and now it smells like Frostbitten Dorian with some sugar on top. Very curious. Getting harder to detect as it wears.

Verdict - Dorian makes everything better. Some people are really into the Snake Oil variants (and deservedly so; they're awesome) ... but me? I'm all about the Dorians. This one didn't topple Dorian in the Pumpkin Patch from my top spot -- but then again it's 80 degrees outside and I snatched it straight out of the mailbox. I'm going to let it settle and try again.

Wet: Cherry hard candy and a hint of Dorian. Fairly musky.

Dry: Equal parts cherry candy and Dorian! I have great luck with the lab's cherry notes, and they usually don't turn into cough syrup, so YMMV.

This is really good, and I'm glad I went for a bottle straight away!

In the bottle: It’s exactly as described! A cherry lollipop with a base of Dorian! The cherry in this is a deep cherry that doesn’t make me think of cough medicine at all, and the Dorian is more prominent after a few days of settling than it was when it first arrived.

Wet: Lots of deep cherry (I’m reminded of those cherry tootsie pops or cherry Starburst -- but mostly, a cherry tootsie pop)! If you’re a fan of the cherry in Dragon Bouffant HG, you’ll be a fan of this cherry as well. The Dorian lingers in the background, allowing the cherry to be the star of the show. But as the scent begins to dry, the Dorian comes out more and mingles with the cherry lollipop. This is even better than I imagined this would be!

Dry: The cherry is not as strong as it was initially, but the cherry lollipop continues to dominate, even though the Dorian mingling with the lollipop is stronger now.

Verdict: I almost didn’t order a blind bottle of this, because I wasn’t sure how the cherry would behave on me, but I was at Drag Con this year and got to see Lilith dressed up as Lil Poundcake, so how could I not?! I really enjoy this and will love pairing it Dragon Bouffant HG!

The cherry is not the almond cherry, but a lollipop cherry. It smells rather fake to me, and the Dorian is not saving the day. Not a fan.

Ahh yes, very strong cherry though I don't find that as harsh as I've smelled before in BPAL's cherry blends. Must be dorian that's keeping this grounded. It almost goes to a creamy strawberry as it dries. It's actually quite lovely!

Gothy cherry? I don't know how else to describe it. I wouldn't say musky. It's not dry. I guess it's got that tea note. What's interesting is that the cherry feels like it's sitting on top of Dorian, so the image on the bottle is very apt.

I don't know why I was thinking that this was lime and poundcake for the longest time, and failed to review this. Must have been another Lilith I got it mixed up with. This has been sitting in my swap box for ages. Who wants an "aged" Dorian variant? 😄

Strong cherry lollipop with just a touch of Dorian. The cherry note almost completely overshadows Dorian. It fades pretty quickly and goes powdery which is a shame. Definitely a great Dorian variant, one of my favorites that I have tried. I just wish it lasted longer on me, and that I got a little bit more Dorian than the cherry lollipop.

I took a break from buying perfume when this was originally released and I'm so happy that I was finally able to track down a bottle.  I love the story behind this, love RuPaul's Drag Race (and Lil' Poundcake is hilarious), and love Dorian.  I get the blast of hard candy cherry for all of 5 minutes and then this dries down to an impression of Dorian (cream, tea, a lil lemon) scented dusting powder.  The powder isn't baby powder, but distinctly reminds me of some of the fancy dusting powders that I own, sort of sultry and warm and reminiscent of cosmetics powders, which is very appropriate for a face full of stage makeup ^_^.

I absolutely love this and I'll cherish my bottle <3.

My initial impression is of bright candy cherry (almost jolly ranchers). however it it is kind  of one-note cherry, I’m not getting any Dorian. 

It’s nice tho! As it dries there is a little herby moment happening but is still 95% all cherry!

to me, this scent is “just okay”. Worth keeping but not what I was hoping when I read the description