Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Cabbage White Caterpillar Hair Gloss

Marshmallow mint and a drop of lemon sugar.

In the bottle and when initially sprayed, Cabbage White Caterpillar HG smells like Trix cereal. :eek:

But that quickly changes. I get a blast of lemon sugar at first, more lemon sugar than I was expecting from the description, that made me think this would be good to pair with scents like Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. But the lemon sugar calms down over time, and the marshmallow ends up being the main feature of this scent. The mint is a soft mint. Whenever I randomly got a whiff of my hair, I always got the lemon sugar or the marshmallow (especially the marshmallow) from this one, not the mint. I had to hold my hair up to my nose and search for the mint, so it is not nearly as minty as I thought it would be. Because of that, I would be more likely to pair this with marshmallow or lemon sugar scents than mint ones. I paired this with Dragon Smooch perfume oil yesterday because they both have mint and marshmallow listed in the notes, and I got a lot more mint from Dragon Smooch than I did from this hair gloss.

After several hours of wear, this becomes all about the marshmallow, and I can still smell it in my hair the next day. :D

I am really happy that I grabbed a bottle of Cabbage White Caterpillar HG. :cheer:

Wet it does smell like trix or fruit loops! Kinda wish it stayed that way. When dry, the mint is a gentle mint similar to alisz but less minty then that if that makes sense. Mint marshmallow is an apt description. The lemon sugar is soft and subdued. It really is quite lovely, I was initially put off when I read mint and almost didn't order. I'm broke as shit or I'd get a backup. depending how long they stay up, I still may.

Oh, my, this is wonderful and just what I hoped it would be! I don’t get any mint, and nary a hint of “lemon pledge cleaner.” I just get a smooth lemon creme, slightly sweet from the marshmallow, slightly tart from the lemon. If you put some graham cracker crust on this I would eat it. I’ve been hoping for such a HG scent for a long time and I’m thrilled to finally find it!

This reminds me alot to to the Juniper Mint, but less herby and with the creamy marshmallow base instead. Minty marshmallows.

mr. zee_zee said it smelled good and sniffed my hair.

Unexpected... but I'd have to agree with previous reviewers; this smells like fruity cereal. I'm getting more of a Fruit Loops kinda vibe. Not getting ANY mint, which is what I was hoping for!

After it's been on the hair for a little while, it's much more marshmallow-y.

So... marshmallows and fruit loops. I'm into it.

Whoa...I smell something edible from my children but it is definitely not Trix or Fruit Loops cereal, as I never smelled those. Now, Hmm. Those lemon cream marshmallow cookies?

Anyways, to my nose, this is a strong lemon marshmallow scent. I am not getting mint, although I suspect it is there, because the sweetness is tempered. If I were the script writer, I would change the description to "!Marshmallow lemon sugar with a drop of mint."

Contemplating a full bottle. Very pretty!

I knew this would be right up my alley, so decided to go straight to bottle. This is a summery version of Stekk. I don't get any mint at this point, but maybe it will come out later. Just a floofy, lemon, with a strong base of fluffy marshmallow. Bad English I know, but this whole scent is just puffy clouds of marshmallow citrus. I'm loving this, and will use the heck out of it in warmer months.

Cabbage White Caterpillar is so delicious! I get marshmallow, lemon, and mint in that order. It smells like lemon meringue candy, and I absolutely love it. So fun, and yes, would be so great to layer with other complementary marshmallow scents!

Firstly, I was ever so pleasantly surprised to see a reference to the genus loci. This deeply resonates with me...🐛🍀🍃 

I absolutely adore Cabbage White Caterpillar hg. I can see the references to trix cereal now that my bottle has aged. When first acquired Cabbage White was sugary lemon and mounds upon mounds  of marshmallow fluff. Oh joyous joys! Marshmallow heaven! The lemon sugar was present upon initial application and dried down into predominantly marshmallow. Given a few months my bottle has aged to include the mint and Cabbage White has become more herbal overall but still heavily marshmallow. I would also like to note that I get a slight cola vibe upon first application.

I love both presentations!

Hm, I think this is different than what I thought after the previous reviews.

The bottle has a lemon whiff.

On my hair, it becomes something absoluuutely heavy and think, waaay too strong to wear this in the office, or anywhere with other people around. I live in a tropical country, so maybe the scents amp like crazy, I don't know. I don't really get marshmallow, but maybe thats the heavy stuff?

For me, it would have been good if I had a bit more lemon and mint, and a bit less of the other notes. 
In fact, I can much better use this on linen than on my hair, because its less heavy there.
It stays a really long time.

I will let it age even more, cause theres something that doesn't fit... yet. It's... different.

Edit
It has aged 2 years now, ... sadly, I can't bear this scent, even not now that I'm not living in a tropical country but in a western country again .... Too bad :)

Edited by zazkea
ageing

This amps on me a bit too much when I spray it on dry hair, but when it's sprayed on damp it dries down into a perfect, marshmallow lemon-mint confectionary sugar kind of scent that I love. It may be up to your own personal scent preferences, but this really went wonderfully with the Goat and the Vine -- I imagine any similarly 'bright,' or 'green' smells would complement it nicely.