Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
yowahoshihime

Recommendations for Floral Based Wedding Perfume

My sister has asked me to help find her a perfume for her wedding in September. She wants to build a scent memory with it.

Her bouquet is going to have Roses, Dahlias, Ranunculus, Astilbe, Snapdragon, and Eucalyptus.

She's fond of Rose and White Floral scents plus her current perfume contains Lychee, Amber and Cedarwood.

She does not like Red Musk and strong bold scents.

I'd prefer to find something out of the general collection but I'll look at LEs as well as long as it's something I could easily find for her to test before the wedding.

Love Me would be my top pick. I didn't wear it on my wedding day but I wore it almost every day of my honeymoon. It's a gorgeous floral, a little spicy, without being cloying.

GC

London (Wanderlust) is pure rose on me

Grief (Märchen): gorgeous hyacinth

Sea of Glass (Sin & Salvation): the most magnificent hyacinth ever. One of my all-time favorites.

Lilium Inter Spinas (Ars Amatoria): Lily of the valley and sandalwood, with a little apple blossom

LE

Humanite (Luper 2017): floral, hyacinth, peach

Vanilla Orchid Single Note

Swans on the River (Luper 2018): spectacular white floral, gardenia, honeysuckle

GC:

Jezebel (honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood): I was originally planning to wear this if and when I got married. Orange blossom is even a traditional bridal thing!)

Zorya Polunochnaya (Pale amber and ambergris, gossamer vanilla, moonflower, and white tobacco petals)

Brisingamen (five ambers, soft myrtle and apple blossom, myrtle, and carnation)

Juliet (Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear)

LE:

Between Your Heart and Mine, if you can find it (Heartwood bois de rose and vanilla-touched rose)

Ava (sheer vanilla musk with tuberose, red mandarin, and the sweet poison of white almond)

And yes, Swans on the River is lovely!

If she wants to go with something very simple (but utterly lovely), The Rose from the Marchen series is beautiful, or I love Hope from the Carnaval Diabolique which is sugared rose but which you can only buy from the lab in a pair with Faith, sugared violet. In addition to all the great suggestions already floated, some other possibilities you could get imps of:

Aelopile (Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud) has some notes she already wears

Alice - a personal fave of mine (Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot) - innocent but not little girl

Delight - Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine

Delirium - apple, rose and lemon

Eos - softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle

Eternal - Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia

Follow Me Boy (I got lilies)

Les Bijoux - Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood

Pride - Moroccan rose and narcissus (huge throw on me)

Queen of Hearts - Lily of the Valley, Calla Lily, stephanotis and a drop of cherry

Seraphim - calla lily, wisteria, white sandalwood, Damascus rose and frankincense

Two, Five and Seven - Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose, and just an itty bitty bit of green grass

Veil - White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang

Viola - Gentle tea rose, lilac, Calla Lily, and Somalian Rose layered over golden Peruvian amber, Spanish moss, red sandalwood, rosewood, and myrrh, with the lightest touch of Mandarin

Unless your sister has a dark sense of humor, I would stay away from anything with an unlucky name, like Grief or even Desdemona. Good luck!

I'm thinking for a wedding you'd want something long-lasting and slightly different so it would evoke scent memories later.

June 23, 1968

Maybe a layering of Hope and Faith?

Another vote for Alice or Mouse's Long Sad Tale

Pepper

Dawn Priestess

Versailles

Belle Epoque

Kaidan

Kubla Khan

If she's not superstitious, maybe Lyonesse

Revising my earlier suggestion upon further reflection. ;) Lady of Shallot is my favorite GC gardenia scent and reminds me of Swans on the River. Titania could also be up her ally, and has sweetpea. Victoria, from the Stardust collection is a beautiful, feminine, classic light rose. The Rose is a little more dewy and green. She might also like Vassalisa. Also, Solanine the Flower girl seems amusingly appropriate and I love it. It's kind of strange and green at first, but it becomes a beautiful, complex, peppery floral quickly. If she's ok with violet and lavender, Veil is also lovely and wedding appropriate. :smile:

Edited by VetchVesper

Ok I've ordered imps of The Lady of Shalott, Juliet, and Pride. I already own imps of Delight, Follow Me Boy, Sea of Glass, Seraphim, and Titania. I had also just earlier this week bought a bottle of Jezebel for myself so I'll decant an imp of that. I'll pass everything onto my sister and see how it goes!

I second the recommendation for Belle Époque! Elf (pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry) is a really lovely blend as well. However, my top recommendation for a soft floral suitable for a wedding would be De Vos' Unicorn. It's a limited edition, but I've seen it listed all over the For Sale part of the forum. It has has a couple notes I'm typically not super fond of, but I still absolutely love this blend. It contains the following: Sugared peony and rose-tinted vanilla with mallow, white musk, lavender buds, and a touch of apricot. It's soft, light, floral, clean, and creamy. Good luck! I wish your sister the best in her marriage. So very kind of you to help :)

I have some June 23, 1968 that was going a little soapy on me, but was otherwise a pretty, vintage floral.

I added some of my Antique Lace to it (maybe around 1/5 of the bottle) and that seems to have removed the soapiness and added the vintage vanilla.

It feels like a wedding blend to me now.

What about Alisz?

It has a lovely vanilla sugared tea rose, redcurrant, spun sugar, and a bit of resiny frankincense. It's not stricky floral, but it's very lovely and feminine.

Titania and Alice are also fantastic choices. Le Serpent Quick Danse is wonderful too!