Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honeyed mint and peach marshmallow.

Thanks to my lovely fairy for picking this one up for me!

In the bottle, I can smell all the notes, and there isn't just a hint of the honeyed mint -- it's like the peppermint from the Lick It scents with peach and marshmallow.

The honeyed mint is very strong at first while the scent is on my wrists. In the crook of my elbows, I get more of the peach marshmallow, though the honeyed mint is still there -- just not as strong. Eventually, it ends up being a marshmallow dominant scent with the honeyed aspect playing a larger role than the mint itself, which has calmed down significantly and is now just a hint. The peach is also confined to a background role by this stage. I would say it's like a cousin to Give Me Thy Breath, My Sister, but there's marshmallow instead of cotton candy, peach instead of greenery, and the honeyed mint is far more prominent at first. In other words, I love it and am very happy to have a bottle. Marshmallow lovers, you will not be disappointed! It's even better than I had imagined it would be. ❤️

Full disclosure: I love the actual mint plant, but I dislike* mint flavor or scent mixed with anything else** (the sole exception being Andes chocolate mint wafers). Further disclosure: 99.99% of any "honey" or "beeswax" or "candle" note goes horrifically bad on me, so this skin test is legit Taking One For the Team.

Sniffed, this is a 50/50 blend of cool vanilla mint and the same juicy, golden-sweet peach note from some of my favorite past Dragoncon blends. I don't get the minty blast I remember from Lick It; this seems like the softer vanilla mint note of Snowblind. It takes about 20 minutes for the marshmallow to develop.

The notes stay pretty true during drydown: candied honey, warm peach, and a touch of after-dinner mint. It has a pretty low throw, and the peach reads almost like a warm skin musk, so this would be a good "up close and personal" kind of scent. It's sweet but not in-your-face foody; you'll smell like hard honey candies, not a walking dessert case.

*Mint in coffee is an abomination.

**I know mint plus fruit is a thing, but it makes as much sense to my nose as mint plus steak.

I also hesitated because of the mint, but went for it anyway because of the marshmallow. The mint is UPFRONT but drifts away like a SMOOCH after a few minutes leaving behind a delectable, creamy, almost buttery peachy marshmallow. The peach is very sugared and thick, swimming around in the background while the most delicious ooey-gooey sticky marshmallow cream sparkles and wears the crown. This dragon gave me a big wet kiss and it all turned to ripe sunshine peaches and nom-nom stay-pufft dreams.

Juicy peaches, a ton of honey, and a whiff of vanilla. This actually turns up the sweetness up to 11 on my skin. There's something sort of lush and overblown like the Flowering Lines scent for Century Guild. It's got that same golden and juicy fruity sweetness going on. Good throw and wear length.

This one had me intrigued at peach and marshmallow, but like others I was a bit wary of mint.

In the bottle: MIIIIIINT. Oh boy, I fear I have made a terrible mistake.

On the skin: Minty marshmallows, heavier on the marshmallow. Ok ok this is much better, I can get behind this.

On dry-down: Suddenly, PEACHES. They came out of nowhere about 10 minutes after application (or the mint just really stepped back to reveal them) but now I get this warm gooey peach marshmallow and everything is heavenly. I can still get whiffs of it 12 hours later, though much fainter.

Final verdict? So glad I took a chance! Sure the mint is intense in the bottle but once applied it's so well behaved and pleasant. :wub3:

The notes of this were too good to pass up and a friend was gracious to go back and buy one for us to share!

In the bottle it was a very sweet, powdery mint. Immediately upon applying this to my skin, said friend asked from across the room what smelled of baby powder. Oh boy...

It went to straight powder on me. Not a light powder, this was REALLY strong.. Like someone threw baby powder into my face.

I was kind of shocked by this, the mint was way in the background and the rest was powder. No peach or marshmallowy goodness.

It stayed like this on me through nearly the entire wear. I almost washed it off. A few hours later it had dissipated and the remaining whiff of scent was a powdery peach.

A second try with a lighter hand and it was still all slightly minty baby powder.

On the friend, it wasn't baby powder. It was all minty peach. There was a bit of vanilla and sweetness to it as well. She said it could have been sweeter but was really refreshing. Lucky her! Needless to say, she got to keep the entire bottle.

Sweet mint tea. As it dries, the mint loosens up, but I stil don't get any peach. The marshmallow may be making it a creamy mint tea, but no fruit. Actually, maybe some cooked fruit, like a peach cobbler, but it's still very faint.

Where I'd wear this: Baking for the 4th of July

first review in a while. Phew.

In the bottle this is all mint and peach. It's a slightly weird combo but it works surprisingly well.

Applied the mint calms down while still making its presence known and the peach warms up. It's gone a bit chewy and sweet and melds really nicely into a whole.

I keep catching whiffs in the air of a light vanillay (probably the marshmellow) minty peach. It's really nice.

Drydown finds the light vanilla (definitely the marshmellow- vanilla isnt the right word for it) and honied peach lingering for a decent length of time. Love it.

This is my favorite of the dragon con perfumes this year. A bit out of balance wet, but so nice dry. Marshmallow often goes weird on me, but this is a nice melty marshmallow, vanillay with a touch of honey over ripe peaches and a whiff of mint.

Unique and delicious without being overwhelmingly foody.

Thanks to my fairy for picking this up for me!! At first, this is honey mint, and not much else. It is airy fresh, and reminds me somewhat of Iulia, from the CD series. I love mint, and like honey, so this is great. After a bit, it becomes more balanced with the peach and marshmallow coming out. A fluffy, slightly fruity marshmallow with a touch of honey mint. Nice! This would be lovely for summer.