Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

More great news.

When I went to the post office today, my new friend there warned me that the USPS and most international postal services are on high terrorist alert since the Madrid bombing and postal inspectors all over the world are running fine-toothed combs through every shipment. We should expect delays.

Love it. LOVE IT!!!

Well that about does it!

If I win the lottery I am now definitly buying a plane & setting up the BPAL express- Stopping in LA twice a week & hand delivering orders to everyone!

No customs, no nothing, I'll be like John Travolta with his plane which Qantas just threw at him if he became a good will ambassador for the company.

So I reckon I'll have a big purple plane (I don';t know why purple- prolly as noone else has used that colout yet) & I'll fly around the world doing this & have the back section for orders & front section a plush area where teh boy & other friends from the corners of the globe can chill out in til next touch down.

I always wanted to be a pilot...a fighter pilot or bomber admittedly, not domestic- RAAF all the way, but that was back in the days where the chance of being in actual real combat was small...changed my mind of late!

All I ask is a cup of tea or coffee & time for a little chit chat when I drop off a package to keep me going til my next stop :P

Hello everyone!! I wonder if it would make any difference if for now on to pay for insured mail when placing an order. :D It just seems to me that whether there is a terrorist alert or not the USPS still seems to have a problem getting our goods from point A to Point B.I put in my order way before the train bombings in spain and I still have yet to get my perfume :P I think that Elisabeth is great for keeping in good spirits when she has been having to pay out of her own pocket for all those orders she keeps having to reship that the mail looses. :D

I insure all the packages that I can out of my pocket, as when I offered insurance in the past, no one wanted to pay for it, so I ended up having to repack and reship at my cost anyway.

The shipping situation domestically seems settled for the most part ever since I started going to a different post office. The delay at this point stems from being backed up from having had to reship over a hundred goddamn orders and still getting notices that I either missed one, or another one slipped through the cracks.

My concern regarding the initial post in this thread is over international orders. In the past customs has slapped me rarely, but it seems I have to be more cautious and leave some leeway room for delays in any case.

Edited because I'm in a really, really bad mood and blurted some stupid shit out.

that might explain the questions about the canadian orders elizabeth! told ya not to worry about us canadians!

:P

But I **LOVE** my Canadians. :D

Did I ever tell you... Don Cherry is my hero? Seriously.

Ok so would it make any difference at all if the customer paid for insurance? I dont mind paying extra postage if it will keep my mail from getting caught up in the system. What do you think? :P

wooohoooo! the wench express! can i have a ride on your purple plane?!?! make sure you get one big enough that we can all party on it!!! GREAT idea, woman!

i, too, am sorry to hear about more usps bullshit. ugh. but, at least you know that from the new office, products are getting to their destinations! things will look up soon...

Perhaps registered mail where one would have to sign for it would be a good idea! I think that is what i will do next time! :P

I insure all the packages that I can out of my pocket, as when I offered insurance in the past, no one wanted to pay for it, so I ended up having to repack and reship at my cost anyway.

That's not at all fair to you, though. I'd be more than happy to pay for insurance. It's only...what, about $1.30 for $50 coverage I think. You shouldn't have to absorb the cost of a postal screw-up. Whenever I sell on eBay, I offer insurance and if the buyer doesn't take it, then I don't replace it if it gets lost or damaged. Buyers have to take some responsibility too. That's just my opinion though.

I second what Ebonykawai said. As an e-tailer you have every right to automatically tack on extra for insurance on every order. Since you're going to have to deal with the fuss if something doesn't get delivered, it's only sane that putting including insurance in the shipping cost be compulsory for everyone's people of mind.

Don't be a martyr dear! We don't mind paying the extra $$, and the people who do are the ones who are overly optimistic about the percentage of packages that get lost in the mail. As soon as theirs is lost for the first time, they come around.

As a small business owner (of sorts) myself, I understand and appreciate your integrity about taking reponsibility for making sure we all get our orders, but it's crazy that you should have to pay out of pocket for this whole USPS mess. With the shipping situation the way it's been lately, I for one would be happy to pay the extra $1.30 or whatever for shipping insurance. Perhaps one way of getting around customers declining to pay for optional shipping insurance is to tack on a MANDATORY shipping insurance fee. I think especially if you explain (both here and on the BPAL website) why you are instituting this policy, most will understand and support your decision.

Good luck! It's really nuts that ALL this bad stuff has been going on for you guys/gals. There's been SO much bad luck that probably it'll be the kind of thing that (way) down the line you'll look back on and laugh at...(er...maybe?). In any case it'll certainly make for a good story.

After chatting up the UPS Store guy today, and dealing with shippings, and coughing up a painful 11$+ for LUSH shipping - i say switch to insured UPS right. now.

that might explain the questions about the canadian orders elizabeth! told ya not to worry about us canadians!

:P

But I **LOVE** my Canadians. :D

Did I ever tell you... Don Cherry is my hero? Seriously.

I'm a new member of the Canadian contingent here, and I just thought I'd add, I don't mind an extra wait, as long as everything arrives eventually!! Gods know we're all used to waiting aaaaaages for Canada Post to deliver things anyway...I think we're used to it by now. :D

I also wouldn't mind paying a little extra for insurance, if it would help you out! If nonboardmember customers (as it appears that everybody here is ok with paying the extra) complain, you should just incorporate the cost into the existing (mandatory) shipping fees.

People love your products, I don't think anybody will cease being a customer over a few dollars. :D

Quick note...

Five orders came back today. Steph, one of them was yours. I'm going to try and get this sorted out on the way home from the doctor's tomorrow.

Wonder if that's why mine hasn't rocked up yet as Aussie customs are so anal they can't sit down for fear of sucking up the seat...

Had one of my imp's swaps opened by customs last week...

buggers! :P

Quick note...

Five orders came back today. Steph, one of them was yours. I'm going to try and get this sorted out on the way home from the doctor's tomorrow.

What a nightmare for you - you so don't need this!! :P

I've replied to your PM, Beth, but I just wanted to reiterate that if you need some more money to upgrade to a more reliable form of shipping, my finger is hovering over Paypal as we speak.

Good luck at the docs!