Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Zombie Green Hair Gloss

Green chypre and clumps of moss with cypress, an oozing, sebaceous musk, and trampled dandelions.

A mingling of greeny-green moss and cypress dominate the Zombie.

The chypre brings an earthy -- not dirt, more figuratively earthy -- solidness. I get the dandelions. I'd hoped the note would bring a lilt of spring to what sounded like maybe a heavy blend, but that's not how it's working in this mix. It's more like a damp, grassy smell over it all, blending into the ponderous cypress-mushy moss tones.

There's no smell of zombie rot, but there is dampness, a sense of greenery trampled down, sticking together. Good for the right mood.

Dandelions! Faintly soapy but not offensive, I smell like I rolled around in springtime. I'm also reminded of Galbanum SN. Is there a resin here?

As this dries down the cypress and moss become more prominent and it begins to smell more like a fall scent.

Damp grass indeed, well blended with the heavier slightly medicinal cypress and moss.

Green, damp, sour moss with lots of dandelion (but a strangely dry dandelion, like they've been pulled up and left to wilt in the sun all day) and a musky, slightly soapy, cold kind of aquatic scent. It's all cold, droopy greenery, but with a sour quality that keeps it from smelling really clean, even though it's soapy. Not for me. I definitely prefer the foodie hair glosses.

Green, indeed. Swampy, amphibian, oozing green. Creepy green. Reminds me alot of the Plagues' scent from awhile back "Smite All Thy Borders with Frogges", which is a favorite of mine. They pair well. Love it.

reading the notes--before I ever smelled this--I did wonder if it was more a "Creature from the black lagoon/swamp monster" scent.

but having it in hand and in hair: nope, it's a freshly risen zombie, haven crawled up through moist earth and crushed grass and sticky, sappy dandelion leaves and stems. there is no such thing as too much moss or cypress for my nose, but both notes are here in extremely subtle amounts (for/to me). moist and fresh and green. with a little hint of darkness. from a fresh corpse (no rotting!) that hasn't yet enjoyed its first meal (no blood, etc!). I do really really love this, even though it isn't the type of scent I've been wearing a lot of. layers well with bpal's elmwood cemetery blend from darkdel.

I think of a zombie hand punching through a grassy, earthy grave when I smell this. The core of this hair gloss smells like the Tomb Moss single note perfume. I get a blast of dandelions in the beginning and the moss drags itself along with the green chypre. It's a smoothly green and damp scent--quite lovely and unusual.

Sprayed on my sleeve, this is a lovely green dandelion note, with maybe a hint of lime that's not listed? And something sinister (but enjoyable) underneath. I like this. So different from anything I have. I love the idea of layering it with floral or fruit scents. A decant of this will be enough for me, but glad to have a bit of it. There's nothing else like it (hair gloss wise) that I've smelled.

Dandelions, moss, and green swampyness. This is not my style at all, but its very otherworldly and I would definitely recommend this for any monster Halloween costume. You don't wanna smell human? Give this a whirl!

I absolutely *adore* this. It's so very intensely green - all moss and dandelion with some musk to anchor it. It also lasts a long time, and plays well with the musk- and patch-heavy oils I like to wear (and is dead-on matched with "Road House"). I had to get a full bottle of this, because I never want to be without it again.

This is such an unusual beauty. I don't get zombies or swamps at all, but a cooling, seductive freshness from the chypre  and lots of one of my favorite BPAL notes- dandelion! Can't remove my nose from my braid!!