Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

I admit that I love Harajuku perfumes, too. I have a set of all the solids, and with the exception of Baby, I love them all, and have been wondering if there's a bpal that resembles Love (the website says that it's a sensual floral). They're really just so freaking adorable I can't resist them.

I'm also on the look-out for something that resembles Hermes's Eau d'Orange Verte, which is a musky, citrusy, masculine scent that would burn a hole right through my pocket if I ever wanted to actually buy it.

I'm still looking for anyone that has ever heard of English Waterlilies -- I cant find the notes from this one anywhere, and havent smelled a BPAL that is similar. Now of course, my bottle has disappeared, and my memory of the scent is waning....

I just tried Sachs, and to me it smells very much like L'Artisan's Vanilia on the drydown. It's got the slightly floral and smokey vanilla going on. A happy find for me since Vanilia is one of my faves. :D

I admit maybe I like these perfumes because they are just freaking adorable, but anyone have any suggestions for similar scents to Gwen Stefani's Harajuku line of perfumes?

I'm particularly interested in Music:

(It's called a delicate floral on the site.)

Top notes: sparkling pear, clementine

Mid notes: sweetpea, jasmine sambac, honeysuckle

Base notes: sleek woods, vanilla, skin musk

At first glance, it seems like Juliet would be a good copy, but the pear is not as strong in Music as it is in Juliet. Anybody have any other recs? Thanks!

Titania has a similar bouquet but lacks the woody element.

Spirit Of The Komachi Cherry Tree seems like it may be similar but is probably a more spartan scent.

Les Bijoux sounds like its a similar styled scent although it has different floral and fruit notes. Peach & apple vs Pear, and rose versus jasmine et al..

Edited by HamletsKeeper

I admit maybe I like these perfumes because they are just freaking adorable, but anyone have any suggestions for similar scents to Gwen Stefani's Harajuku line of perfumes?

At first glance, it seems like Juliet would be a good copy, but the pear is not as strong in Music as it is in Juliet. Anybody have any other recs? Thanks!

Spirit Of The Komachi Cherry Tree seems like it may be similar but is probably a more spartan scent.

Les Bijoux sounds like its a similar styled scent although it has different floral and fruit notes. Peach & apple vs Pear, and rose versus jasmine et al..

Thanks for the recs! Maybe if I take Titania and layer it with something...

I admit that I love Harajuku perfumes, too. I have a set of all the solids, and with the exception of Baby, I love them all, and have been wondering if there's a bpal that resembles Love (the website says that it's a sensual floral). They're really just so freaking adorable I can't resist them.

I'm also on the look-out for something that resembles Hermes's Eau d'Orange Verte, which is a musky, citrusy, masculine scent that would burn a hole right through my pocket if I ever wanted to actually buy it.

I must confess I love Love too :) It's really feminine but not too girly. It's a warm pretty smell on me. I'm looking for a BPAL that resembles that scent.

I admit I am also looking for an oil that resembles Old Spice. Some people mentioned that Dracul and Mr. Jacquel smell like Old Spice. Those are next on my list for imps. Anyone have any more suggestions?

Thanks for the recs! Maybe if I take Titania and layer it with something...

Maybe try...

Mouses long and sad tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

I just fell in love with Carnival Wax's Dreabilly (Smoke and Dried Wood, Sugar, Orange Blossoms) Does anyone know if this reminds them of Devil's Night with the smoke and fire aspect? Dreabilly really smells like a burnt marshmallow on a stick to me, utterly delicious, but I can't afford the $90 bottle price tag. Suggestions? :beg:

Hi everyone. First time poster here!

Does anyone have any idea what would be similar scent to Bandit? It's a leathery chypre: Notes of leather, wood, and spice with jasmine and carnation, evolving to a sensuous base of vetiver, patchouli, and musk.

(That's what the official site says) In addition to that, I get heaps of galbanum and wormwood and bergamot. I would also say myrrh in the drydown. It's dry as dust on me and I adore it

Any ideas?

Hi everyone. First time poster here!

Does anyone have any idea what would be similar scent to Bandit? It's a leathery chypre: Notes of leather, wood, and spice with jasmine and carnation, evolving to a sensuous base of vetiver, patchouli, and musk.

(That's what the official site says) In addition to that, I get heaps of galbanum and wormwood and bergamot. I would also say myrrh in the drydown. It's dry as dust on me and I adore it

Any ideas?

Maybe Try....

Tombstone

A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar. Very dry scent.

No 93 Engine

Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage. More herbal & spice.

Dee

His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods. Refined leathers and polished woods.

Kubla Khan

Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine. Rugged leather.

Crowley

Infernal musk, red patchouli, lilac cologne, mahogany, lemon rind, oakmoss, leather, and vanilla husk. More complex Dee.

Prurience

red amber and scorched musk with voluptuous carnation, charred vetiver, sensuous tonka, and orris. Dry, lush and sensual.

Two Monsters

Oakmoss, vetiver, black musk, champaca flower, leather, patchouli, ginger, Japanese pittosporum, ambergris and white pepper. Seems to morph on various people.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

Hi,

I'm looking for BPAL oils that resemble to my favorite perfumes ;Cacheral EDEN and ANAIS ANAIS :wub:

Could you give me some recommendations please :angel:

Hi,

I'm looking for BPAL oils that resemble to my favorite perfumes ;Cacheral EDEN and ANAIS ANAIS :wub:

Honestly Rapture smelt of Anais, Anais on me even though they share no notes in common. Rapture smelt nothing like roses at all, but that could be my skin chemisty. Still worth a try it has that same soft, petally feel about it.

Anais Anais: orange blossom, lily, hyacinth, carnation, sandalwood, incense

Try

Zarita the Doll Girl, orange blossom, iris, carnation and sugared cream

Masquerade, orange blossom, carnation, ambergris and patchouli (I think this will be darker though)

Three Brides, Moroccan rose, king mandarin, red sandalwood, Egyptian amber, orchid, carnation, benzoin, tonka, calla lily, vanilla flower. (More sophisticated version)

Hmm don't know if I've said this here or not but Vincomte de valmont smells almost exactly like swiss army for men. Which is awesome since it used to be my favorite perfume long before I got into bpal.

Edited by HighPriestessIce

Hi,

Oh and another I just got yesterday which is pure love and also soft and petally is Amsterdam. It's also surprisingly strong and long lasting on me too.

Does anyone remember the drug store fragrance Skin Musk (formerly by Bonne Bell, more recently by Prince Matchabelli and Parfums de Coeur)? And if so, have you tried Sarah from the current (2009) batch of Halloweenie LEs? Can you tell me if you find the two similar?

I used to wear Skin Musk a long, long time ago (8th grade, to be precise), and I think that Sarah reminds me of it... but it's been so long, I'm not sure.

The limited information on the notes in Skin Musk indicate that it is a blend of floral, sandalwood, and musk notes. I don't remember finding it floral; it was more spicy, musky, and clean on me. I definitely detect a floral note in Sarah (I suspect Lily of the Valley/muguet), but I'm thinking the spicy-clean-musky quality is similar to Skin Musk.

Thoughts?

Does anyone remember the drug store fragrance Skin Musk (formerly by Bonne Bell, more recently by Prince Matchabelli and Parfums de Coeur)? And if so, have you tried Sarah from the current (2009) batch of Halloweenie LEs? Can you tell me if you find the two similar?

I used to wear Skin Musk a long, long time ago (8th grade, to be precise), and I think that Sarah reminds me of it... but it's been so long, I'm not sure.

The limited information on the notes in Skin Musk indicate that it is a blend of floral, sandalwood, and musk notes. I don't remember finding it floral; it was more spicy, musky, and clean on me. I definitely detect a floral note in Sarah (I suspect Lily of the Valley/muguet), but I'm thinking the spicy-clean-musky quality is similar to Skin Musk.

Thoughts?

I'll give a very tiny "aye" to this one. I'm wearing it today because just a touch, it reminds me of "something" and i was leaning towards buck moon...i'm smelling my wrist now and it is slightly reminiscint of Skin Musk.

A few days ago, I was at the Layette stores. In the rare perfumes section, I've tried Paris Rouge by Delle Grazie. It was really nice and attractive. I don't know but it has reminded me Drangon's Milk a bit. Here are the ingredients:

Paris Rouge’s base notes are a rare mixture of oils, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Skin Musks, that form the visceral element of sensuality, which at the heart of the scent is being reined in with Rose, Jasmine and Transparent Floral, for sensibility, and elevated at the top of the note to a spiritual finish of Bergamot, Freesia and Heliotrope.

Also there are real diamond particles inside the perfume. It says that:

" Paris Rouge Chapter I, “The Scent of Diamonds”, is the worlds one and only magical perfume by Delle Grazie, infused with energized (tachyonized) diamonds during the maceration of the fragrance, by the secret principles of Leonardo Da Vinci, to create the perfume’s positive charge of hope, love and peace . In addition, inside every flagon a tachyonized crystal amalgamates the amplified vibes of the scent with the aura of the woman; So that the scent of no two women will be alike. "

delle-grazie-paris-rouge.jpg

Ok this is not a perfume but I'd really like to find something that smells like B&BW's True Blue Morocco Cedarwood & Spice. I just love that scent!! I'm so ticked that they pulled this line.

Here's what B&BW has on their site ...

The sunswept land of Morocco and the pristine Mediterranean is renowned for its rich, exotic spices. This authentic spa treatment combines invigorating Moroccan spices with red cedar for a warming body scrub that gently smoothes skin as it exhilarates the senses.

Cumin seed extract, cardamom extract and shea butter condition and soothe while cedar wood extract invigorates, leaving skin polished and soft.

In this exotic fragrance, creamy sensations of sandalwood and cedarwood perfectly blend with warm milk, balsam vanilla, amber and musk.

I tried Burberry Brit again recently - and I love it even more now. I think its because my nose is more educated ;)

These are the notes - what would you recommend?

Top Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Crisp Green Almond.

Middle Notes: Sugared Almond, White Peony.

Base Notes: Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka.

I know I'm a year and some months late but after having tried Morocco, I cannot get over the fact that it smells extremely similar to Burberry Brit.

The thing with Morocco is that on my skin, it shifts and changes on the dry down, making it a deep and sweet vanilla spice when dry whereas Burberry Brit stayed an almond vanilla with a minute spicy nip all the way through.

I suppose the difference on dry down between the two is that Morocco has a stronger spice scent to it when dry and that it morphs a little whereas Burberry Brit on me pretty much stays static. However, the two scents when wet and in the bottle are practically the same.

you know - its been ages, and at least that long since Ive tried Brit or Morocco. This makes me want to tr them both again! I've actually got Morocco on my wishlist already ;)

I've finally figured out why Man with Phallus Head smelled familiar. It's almost identical to a perfume my nana used to wear called White Linen. Also The Haunted Palace smells like a perfume called Samsara that my mother loves.

Now I just need to figure out what Ode on Melanchoy reminds me of. I know I've smelt it before and I just can't put my finger on it...

Edit: >O I got it! Bonne bell bottled emotions: Powerful. That's what it reminds me of. It was discontinued when I was a kid... But I could swear...

Edited by HighPriestessIce