Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rayvyn86

ISO *Perfect* Winter Scent!

I LOOOOVE Yuletide!! For me, most berry/holly/mistletoe scents have gone funky on me... either too pine-y or too berry-ish and just wrong, but Yuletide, on me, is the perfect blend!!

Also, the recent Post update, I am ordering Fresh Green Holly hair gloss and Mistletoe and Berries hair gloss... hoping those will be winners!! Maybe look into those?

Edited by Numanoid

For snow plus berry:

Midwinter's Eve!

Perchta

Snow Maiden

I hate to mention Rares but Ice Queen too

For Snow plus sweet:

Snow White

Snow Flakes

Winter-Time

Night Guant

excellent suggestions! the sweet category i really like go to sleep darlings, winter time, and ya, snow angel.. sometimes

snow plus berry midwinters eve is my favorite. i don't like the blue or purple snow balls at all. there are a few yules this release i am eyeing

I veer towards softer, sweeter scents, so a lot of my suggestions won't be the awesome hard winter smells a lot of people like when they want to be reminded of winter.

For Samhain-level equivalent to Winter, L'Inverno always appeals to me

I like A Lady Tall and White and Go To Sleep Darlings for their respective vanilla-centric and sugar-centric take on snow.

Original Skadi has its own following, and was really really coveted back then! I get barely a whisper of gentle crystalline snow with Midwinter's Eve- the 2005 version is especially candied sugared plums and no snow. I like Sugar Plum Fairy more for this aspect.

A Lady Tall and White: A fur and cap all made of snow: frosted vanilla sandalwood.

Go To Sleep, Darlings: Kiss-soft clouds of spun-sugar snow.

L'Inverno: White musk, winter plum, pine wood, benzoin, orchid, and stargazer lily.

Midwinter's Eve: A melancholy, deep scent, poignant and brimming with nostalgia. The perfume of sugared plums over a breeze of winter flowers.

Skadi: The Snow-Shoe Goddess, Giantess, the Norse embodiment of winter. Frost-rimed winter berries, crisp pine needle, and a slush of bright snowy notes.

Sugar Plum Flairy: Queen of the Kingdom of Sweets: sugar plums, vanilla-infused sugar, tiare, amber musk, apricot peel, and a light dusting of cacao.

Can't wait to get my hands on the BPAL and BPTP Yule update. I have a few I would already commit to blind buying, but there are others I am very, very curious about! This update should be wonderful for finding perfect winter scents ;D

Edited by celestia

I just received Talvikuu (2005 version, in a cobalt bottle to boot) in the mail today, and with that my trifecta of snowy forest scents is complete! :lovestruck:

These are quite hard to come across, but for me they're absolutely perfect:

Skadi: Icy cold, but very pretty and cheerful. I get sweet, snow-covered berries and a hint of pine.

Holly King (v6): Skadi's big brother, bold and untamed. Like sticking your face in an evergreen tree, with some sweetness coming from the sap and a hint of chilly snow.

Talvikuu: Skadi's little brother. Still sweet, but it's coming from mint and birch notes instead of berries. Definitely unisex, and much more subtle than the other two.

I love how each of these has its own distinct personality, but they all have that gorgeous underlying feel of being in a sweet-smelling, snowy forest!

Edited by Pyretta

Has anyone done a side by side comparison between Skadi and In the Wild North.

In the Wild North has a sweetness, but it's not an actual berry like Skadi or Almond Blossom. It's the Lab's snow note plus spruce and pine, which is definitely lovely but not the same as Skadi. Alas.

haha Your guess is as good as mine! I just googled it and the only thing that popped up were entries about this particular perfume. It's magical unicorn farts! I'm going with that.

Wait, that's the official name of this stuff?

SIDE NOTE- this is the 1st I've seen the Squatty Potty commercial. Jaw. Dropped. Amazed. Thank you.

Scents:

Bob Cratchit's Hearth, Picture Books in Winter, Woods in Winter (not too snowy), Hunters in the Snow (almost no snow, just a wet kinda crispness. Mostly firewood), Winter: My Secret (no experience but sounds good and resinous like samhain)

In the Wild North has a sweetness, but it's not an actual berry like Skadi or Almond Blossom. It's the Lab's snow note plus spruce and pine, which is definitely lovely but not the same as Skadi. Alas.

Ah, the search continues. Maybe next year Beth will resurrect it. In the meantime, Snowflakes remains my quintessential Winter scent. I also love Talvikuu, Perchta, Ded Moroz, Dust of Snow, Snow White, Black Ice and Snowblind. Winter-Time and Nuclear Winter are nice also.

From this year's decants, I am loving Winter Landscape as my quintessential Lab Snow scent!

I haven't tried Skadi, but I get a strong berry note in ITWN... it smells like blackberry to me. Maybe it's chemistry dependent.

Edited by sunlitgarden

I am loving two new snow scents - Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry (bright, slightly vanillic snow and cold musk) and Winter Landscape, which, on me, is snow with hints of clove, sandalwood and Tonka. I don't normally go for snow scents, but both of these are gorgeous! I will thoroughly enjoy wearing them this winter.