Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Favorite pastime: stealing crusty bits from used frying pans. It takes all kinds.

Chunks of sweet carrots and dates mushed with nuts, topped with crumbles from a pie-like spelt and barley crust.

Well, the forum won't let me post a new topic, so instead of making one to merge I'll just reply here! I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet, but here goes...

In the bottle: Something vaguely sweet but not familiar enough to identify - my guess is this is the carrot note, because it reminds me of an unbearable sweet carrot soap I once made the mistake of buying. Behind that, there's a definite buttery "crust" peeking through.

On skin: The sweetness disappears pretty quickly, sending the buttery crust note to the forefront.

After some drydown, the sweetness comes back and balances with the crust. This definitely reminds me of something I've tried before...I think "Drink Me," perhaps?

So I blind bottled this because when I read the description, I immediately thought - Medieval carrot cake! And I wasn't too far off the mark,

Wet: I swear I get cardamom, and it's lovely. I know there aren't any spices listed in this, but to me is smells like spicy cake. And the first spice I get is cardamom, followed by some nutmeg and I think maybe a hint of clove. Spice cake. Yum! It actually really reminds me of Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake without the cheesecake note. It's really nice, very much a foodie scent. There's something a bit tangy along with the sweetness. I do get some nuttiness, but I can't pick out a carrot or date note specifically.

Dry: It has pretty well disappeared, but I just tested a small amount. I really like this, and will do a full slather, and as long as it lasts a bit longer, this is a real keeper on me! As it dried down, it reminded me of Jack - warm and glowing and spicy, sweet and a little bit tangy. Delicious!

So this starts off like legit carrot cake,

but after it dries it turns into a pricey spiced holiday gourmand candle, not necessarily in a bad way (I'm looking at YOU Apple Cider).

Then the spices die down a little more and the buttery crust takes the forefront, with a little spice and sweet. It's pretty low-throw and not terribly impressive, but a nice creamy, spicy holiday scent nonetheless.

ITI: Cloying cream and marzipan with a slightly bitter dusting of nuts on a very sweet carrot cake.
Wet: It's very similar on my skin, although the carrot note shyly peaks from underneath the rich and heavy cream, pastry, and nut notes.
Dry: After the second reapplication and dry down, the scent is more powdery than any other discernible note, like buttercream dusting powder and a smattering of almonds and dates.

I have trouble wearing spice notes in perfume oils. The spice amps up and I usually wind up smelling like a cheap holiday spice candle. Unfortunately, that's what happens with Stufur. Sharp spices and sugar with a waxy, plasticy undertone to them.

Dates, cardamom, and a touch of carrots. It's like a date heavy carrot cake. Very Christmassy.

Toothsome, foodie, dates.

Blind bottle, no regrets!

Have you had carrot halwa, the grated carrot dessert served at Indian restaurants? That's what this smells like.

The carrot note is fresh, juicy, and sweet. At first it smells appley.

There's also sweet cream and heavenly cooking spices like cinnamon and cardamom. I don't smell anything nutty or crust-like.

It's so awesome! Foodie dream come true.

This sounded so interesting that I had to try it.

Sweet and savory at the same time. It's kind of like oatmeal cookies, kind of carrot cakey -- neither of which are foods I actually like eating, but the smell is kind of good. However this becomes almost herbal during the drydown and gets far less baked goods-like, unfortunately. I wish it just stayed in the wet phase.

I've also noticed a faint tingling on the skin of my inner elbow where I applied this, so I'm obviously somewhat sensitive to one of the ingredients. No rash like I've encountered with a few of the more spicy BPAL oils, so not too bad, but still slightly uncomfortable.