Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Captain Lilith and Her First Mate Hair Gloss

Our boots and clothes are all in pawn!

Go down ye blood red roses, go down!

A Little Pirate’s indulgence: rum cupcakes and vanilla ice cream with a hot toddy.

Can't compare this to the perfume, since boozy scents seem to not work on me, but I had to try the HG!

In bottle: Buttery rum cupcakes! YUM!

In damp hair: This is actually quite a light scent... I get the rum and cupcake scent right away! I detect the smallest hint of coconut, but that might just be my brain wanting to connect rum with coconut! :) I don't get "toddy" out of this, but the vanilla and rum cupcake, YES!

Very little throw, but it yummy nonetheless! This, to me, would make a great summery HG.

Ok, I'm going to try and be calm about this, but Captain Lilith and Her First Mate hair gloss smells like coconut Midway on me. :thud: The rum and hot toddy notes are very, very subtle, so mostly I get creamy vanilla coconut cupcakes wafting about in my hair, and it's absolutely delicious. I'm very glad I picked this one up.

Not getting much rum, except when first sprayed. It goes to delicious vanilla cupcakes almost immediately. Nice to pair with Vice as a companion scent.

OMG. I friggin love the hell out of this. I was wary of the rum, but I shouldn't have been. It's just a sweet, lovely coconut nummy nom nom and I adore it. :evol:

Ok, I'm going to try and be calm about this, but Captain Lilith and Her First Mate hair gloss smells like coconut Midway on me. :thud: The rum and hot toddy notes are very, very subtle, so mostly I get creamy vanilla coconut cupcakes wafting about in my hair, and it's absolutely delicious. I'm very glad I picked this one up.

I completely echo this review. Coconut Midway goodness :heart:

On me, both Captain Lilith perfume and HG are a bit reminiscent of a more innocent Red Lantern. I know coconut isn't a listed note, but I get coconut and caramel from Captain Lilith (which are the dominant notes of Red Lantern on me). I absolutely adore it.

If you are a cake lover, jump on this now! Rum laced cupcakes! Coconut rum laced cupcakes with emphasis on CAKE. A hint of caramel too. This complements other sweet fragrance oils very well or works as a stand alone. The rum isn't too boozey. No one will think you've been imbibing at work. The throw is medium, but I hope aging may impact that for the better.

Coconut, rum, cake. This does smell like a coconut version of Midway. If that is the sort of thing you enjoy, Captain Lilith is great! I sort of enjoy it even when I am not a fan of either gourmand blends or coconut.

It's been, in fact, a super coconutty weekend for me.

Captain Lilith is lovely buttery creamy vanilla cupcakes. I don't get much of the rum at all but I am getting the coconut folks are talking about so that might be the rum itself? I can definitely see the Midway association. This is chock full of sweet thick gut-rotting goodness! This is warm and almost nutty. Very tasty without being sickeningly sweet.

Throw on me is medium. Does seem to have pretty good lasting power as my somewhat liberal application (3 sprays) lasted basically the whole day.

This is my jam. It's my favorite perfume (though it can go a little fake vanilla on me from time to time). Not so with the hair gloss!

It smells like cakes and coconut rum, lingering without ever being too overwhelming. I was so pleased for it to have the staying power of a hair gloss like Boo.

And I'm very glad I have my five bottles. I wear it almost every day and spray it all over my clothing and scarf too!

I didn't buy a bottle of this when it was available, because I told myself I already had Boo HG to pair with my Captain Lilith and Her First Mate perfume and didn't need to have the hair gloss version of every scent I love.

Years later, a kind BPALista sent me a decant so that I could try it. It is absolutely as decadent as the perfume and smells just like it to me: rum cupcakes and creamy vanilla ice cream are the main features to my nose, but it is such a delicious, warm, and comforting scent. Captain Lilith and Her First Mate is the only scent with a rum note in it that I have ever loved, and it is so nice to have some of the hair gloss to pair with the perfume! :D

I won't try to hunt down a bottle or swap any of my current hair glosses for this, but if I saw it pop up on Etsy one day, I'd definitely try to snag a bottle!

ETA: I did end up snagging a bottle from a lovely forumite. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco