Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Izabel

Motivation help needed!

Bloodlust! I recommend it to nearly everyone. It is a dark, strong, confident scent that I absolutely adore. You MUST try it!

if you can get ahold of any noir, which has been discontinued, it definitely sounds right up your alley.

blood rose is an excellent recommendation. if you like rose, i'd also go for spellbound. bewitched sounds dark and sexy. OH! definitely try blood. from what i've heard, it's a keeper.

other oils:

scherezade-- warm, spicy, enigmatic and sexy.

lust-- incensey, sexual, and extroverted.

wrath-- dark and.. well, wrathful. :P

lady macbeth-- i haven't tried this one, but it sounds so gorgeous. i've got a 5mL of it on the way.

Oh dear! I intended to hold off ordering to after Christmas, but I don't think I can! I can't really afford to order now (Its THAT time of year... gifts a-plenty to buy!) But, I know I will have to wait a while after I have ordered, especially as I live in the UK, so I think I'll simply have to take teh plunge!

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I think I've settled on gettign 12 imps...

Blood Rose

Bloodlust

Blood

Spellbound

Bewitched

Phantom Queen

Kali

Queen

Has No Hanna

Hell's Belle

Faustus

Hecate

(has a quick count to make sure there aren't more than 12!)

phew! That should keep me going for a while!

:P

Queen Mab is a wonderful, rich, seductive, dark scent (I have an inner goth girl that peeks out every now and then :P )

Cathedral is deep resiny oil that evokes gothic imagery in my mind.

Black Dahlia - a meloncholy floral.

On your list I also love Kali, Blood Rose, Blood, and Spellbound.

Siren, strong femine energy

Wolf's Heart - emotonial & physical strength when you need it

Van Van for protection

Love me just because it kicks ass

Thank you for all your suggestions, its really helped! Certainly made the decision prosess that bit easier... I will now try and forget that I have placed an order, so it will be a nice surprise when my Imps arrive! But...

I now aldready have a list of ideas for my next order lol... I will deffinitely try Queen Mab, Cathedral and Siren... and probably teh otehrs too :P

Thanks everyone1 I will let you know what I think of teh oils when tehy arrive xx

If you end up liking Cathedral, I'd try Anne Bonny. I personally love it, it's a very confidence-inspiring scent. At least for me. Plus it smells great to boot. :P

I have lots of work to do but can never motivate myself to do it until the deadline is touching my nose!

I haven't really a clue what scents are meant to be good for this so can't do a search on the site for a suitable oil (if any) and that's if BPAL contains essential oils (I'm not sure what 'perfume oil' is) but i have a feeling BPAL does contain essential oils.....

any ideas to help a poorly motivated person?

I think there is a blend in the Panacea section for mental clarity.

hold on.

edited to add:

ELIXIR II: SUCCOR

Relaxation, calm, finding center.

ELIXIR III: LUSTRATION

Mental, physical and spiritual purification

I think either would be great for what you need.

Edited by SoapyRN

Also there's these Voodoo Oils ... maybe one of them is appropriate for you.

BLOCK BUSTER

Used to open up options in your life, overcome obstacles, and create opportunities. This blend increases your potential for success, inspires creativity and quick thinking, and helps you to be more flexible, adaptable and open to change.

and

WOLF'S HEART

Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death, and strengthens the fortitude of artists and businessmen, enabling them to further their goals.

If you feel like you could benefit from a boost of energy, at least when you've got work to do, you might want to look for an oil with a citrus and/or mint (peppermint, spearmint) component. Cinnamon and eucalyptus are also thought to be stimulating. Those citrus notes are also thought to be good for concentration ... lemon, orange, grapefruit, bergamot, and lemongrass. The BPAL search engine is great for looking for a scent with one/more certain notes.

The BPAL FAQ gives some good info about its perfume oil, but this thread is right spot on target about your essential oil question (in case you did want to find out about that :P ).

I've found that scents that stimulate the senses help get me energized, thereby getting me going a bit. Aizen-Myoo & Bliss are my favorite get me going fragrances.

Some scents are too distracting since I spend my time CWS (covert wrist sniffing)...simply because they smell so good!

fantastic, thanks everyone........that's a few more added to my ever growing list!

i am interested in essential oils but presumed perfume oils were entirely different.

block buster sounds just right but the others are worth a try too so they go on the list!

thanks again :P

I have certain "eye-opener" blends that I use on dull days when I can't focus on work that MUST be done. Any imp that makes you go "Whoa! :P " upon sniffing it will do... for example, Nephalim, Chuparosa, Thanatopsis, or Moxie. Anything that makes you go "Ahhhhhhh" isn't strong enough. :D

TAL has a concentration blend that really helps me focus and get things done, even when compleetely unmotivated. If you have access to TAL that might work. As far as essential oils go basil, cardamon, grapefruit and bergamot are commonly used to help concentrate. I would also use anything citrusy since that seems to wake me up and focus my attention.