Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Flower Constancy II: An Affinity for Phlox Bath Oil

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: At first when I was looking through the update, I was thinking "No more bath oils!" as I have an embarrassing amount of bottles in my shower right now. But then someone pointed out the "single note" characteristics of the bath oil descriptions and I took another look. I love phlox along with most other floral scents and that was enough to convince me to grab it.

In the Bottle: Sweet and floral in a classic perfume sense - it really makes me think of a rich sophisticated perfume from decades ago. This reminds me of a perfume my mom wore when I was little and in this case that's a good thing.

On the Skin: The faint suggestion of alcohol that made me think "perfume" goes away and leaves behind undiluted glorious summery floral. I think if this doesn't overpower in the shower tomorrow that I could be coming back to buy another bottle or two.

I just used this in my bath tonight-it is lovely! Quite perfumey but on my skin, after the bath, it took on an almost sugared quality. This will layer so well with so many perfumes - i may need another bottle. Im wearing Inez with it and the waft is amazing.

I absolutely hate most florals but this is lovely - a cottage garden type of scent that smells quite classic and old-fashioned, but only in a good way. I get nostalgia from it for some reason.

Note: I am reviewing this as a moisturizer (and not as a product used in the bath).

This one is a classic, perfume-y floral at first, but the perfume-y quality disappears on the drydown, and it is a sweet floral scent.

This is nice, and I think it will pair well with many floral scents, so I will be keeping my decant. However, I am going to have to pass on a bottle of it at this time. I may end up snagging one if it makes its way onto Etsy in the future, though!

I'm not confident in identifying or discussing floral smells outside of my familiar rose, iris, violet, and so it's hard for me to describe this scent on its own terms.

scent-presence-wise, it keeps a low and proper profile. it is gentle, sweet (not sugary or foodie!, maybe similar to honeysuckle in juicy/sweetness but of course not the same) floral that reminds me of something I would have been given as a young girl. it's very light and pure and clean, has a subtle throw and comes and goes throughout the day (I used this as an after shower moisterizer.)

I like this quite a lot as a classic straightforward floral. it's not the typical weird bpal that I usually choose. but I went through this bottle very quickly. it layered beautifully with almost everything I own, even the wacky leather/fur/motor oil/ end-of-days perfumes. :lol:

Edited by annemathematics

Pretty florally alright! a greenish sort of floral, a bit spicy, and has a 'creamy' quality to it. This will be nice for spring.

I love a lot of BPAL scents with phlox, so I knew I had to try this. it's a light, pink-white floral that is mostly reminiscent of lilac, like a softer, subtler, slightly sugary lilac. this is a perfect springtime scent, smells like a bouquet of flowers!

Edited by theseagrows

Sweet, classic, 50ish style perfume. Phlox is a light, pinky floral that smells classic and fresh.

Honestly, this is something that you'd use to enable either your mother or grandmother in that it has a nostalgic, classic floral perfume scent to it.

Very springlike!

An exceptionally generous forumite has given me some bath oil, which I use not in the bath but as after-shower moisturizer.  Phlox is the first one I tried because I thought it would pair beautifully with Water of Notre Dame (and I was right).  I don't enjoy wearing all-floral blends much, but a single flower is a different story, not sure why.  Phlox is a lovely, creamy pink scent, kind of old-fashioned and innocent.   I do think it has more of a spring-summer vibe than a January one, but it put a little spring into this January day.  I can see it layering beautifully with a number of non-phlox-containing scents.  It has just enough throw and has lasted really well.  Delightful!