Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Her scent is one that travels through the eons: the Irish moss, yarrow, and hawthorn of the Iron Age Britons, ancient Rome’s omphacium and honey, myrrh and calamus from Egypt, the frankincense and damask roses of the Florentine Renaissance, white sandalwood from the Far East, Moroccan saffron and rose water, and a swirl of incense from the souks.

Wow, I really like this! It isn't as sweet as Morocco (which is one of my favorite scents) but I adore Eve's spiciness and well-blended quality. And it has so many scents in it I love: moss, yarrow (which I used to crush and make "potions" with as a kid because I liked the smell haha), rose, incense, saffron . . . Unf. May have to procure a bottle if my decant won't be enough. 

Edited by feyofthefellwood
Added scent description.

I snagged a bottle of this to see what the hubbub was about.

Wet: Rose, wood, and spice.  I like this.  It feels grown without being...matronly? This isn't usually my speed (I think Ava loves me more) but I appreciate how complex it is.  I'd put this on for a black tie event.

Dry:

L wrist -  honey, spice, incense, sandalwood

R wrist - incense, sandalwood

All my rose is gone! I kind of smell like my friend's store that caters to Burners.  That's probably the incense and sandalwood.  It's not overpowering like the store can be...but I really miss the rose.  I wish there was a single note that I could layer with this at this stage.

Woooow this is such a fascinating one! At first sniff this is dusty temple rose. Incense and old offerings. It eventually settles into something that reminds me of Sheer Chai tea: rose and milk and warm spices. So evocative of this character in that it's something a wise immortal would wear.

The most unique thing so far is that it gets stronger on me over the course of the first hour: I kept getting whiffs of it, as though it's pulsing. 

I always feel a bit bemused when my favorites are everyone else's faves. 😂 But honestly, in all ways, Eve is my favorite from this series. It's a beautiful perfume, complex and both deep and bright; herbal, resinous, woody, and rosy by turns. It shifts and flickers on my wrists, with different facets coming out throughout the fairly long weartime. It doesn't have strong sillage, but every so often I catch a whiff of it as I type. I have '14 on one wrist and '18 on the other and they're pretty much indistinguishable. I love it as an interpretation of the character, as a scent completely divorced from the source material, and for the way it makes me feel when I wear it. It's great in all weather, for most occasions, and I could wear it to work without offending anyone. This, as they say, is the good stuff.

(I wasn't sure about this one based on the notes) But oh my gods am I thrilled I got my hands on a bottle. 

In bottle: Rose, honey, incense. 

Wet on skin: Rose and spices and woah I just walked into a forest because that moss and yarrow have sprung up out of nowhere. I imagine this will shift quite a bit as the day wears on 

Dry: This is so complex! It's so well blended, it's rose, milk and honey, with warm spices and the plants. I keep catching flickers of the different notes, I can't wait to see how long it lasts

It smells eternal? I can picture Eve in her gold dressing gown laying on her piles of books, this scent feels so evocative of the character and the spaces she inhabits. It's absolutely beautiful. 

Oooo I was so excited to try this, thank you fellow swappee for the gift! 💚 
And boy, this doesn't dissapoint. This is kind of like the female version of Seth, it has a similar dusty deep-ancient feel to it, with a slightly more feminine, middle eastern feel to it. It delicate though, i wish it were more strong, but if i can find a bottle of this sometime i may have to try and get it. 

Initially there’s strong honeyed frankincense and myrrh, tempered with musky incense and slightly soapy sandalwood (it reminds me of a mysore sandalwood soap I used in my younger years). I can swear I smelll a touch of patchouli. It has intensity. From the scent notes, I’m not at all familiar with what Irish moss, yarrow or hawthorn smell like as individual scents, so I can’t comment on those aspects. Initially I thought there was rose otto, however scent description points that to rosewater and damask rose. There’s very little throw at all, it’s an intimately close to the skin experience. It’s seamlessly blended, the sum of its parts are hard to exactly pin down. Midway through I find an amping or rose on top of everything. 

Dry down- soft honey skin, a honey reminiscent of O, and the most subtle of rose and resinous incense. This lasts on my skin where other scents fall short. This is intoxicating, delectable, exotic.

Edited by lilacea